“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Jamesburg, New Jersey
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The hotel passes the looks test when first arriving. Its located in a nice area. Lobby and exterior are good. It appears to be a newer place. Check in was smooth and we were off to the room. The elevators and corridors are nice. Our room was nice. Just as I expected. We even received a call from he desk making sure everything was ok in the room.
Our experience here was good and I would come back in the future.
There is no restaurant but the free breakfast each morning was good. My family always enjoys it.
There is a pool and a small weight room.
The drive to Baltimore is about 15 minutes to downtown, not bad at all.

The Green Turtle restaurant is near and the mall is across the street. There is a strip mall near with all kinds of places, including a supermarket. The immediate area has all kinds of restaurants to choose from. Its a nice place to be. Lots of things are in walking distance, if you care to walk. Arundel Mills mall is also across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Schaumburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

With a room rate of $189 per night, one would expect everything to work relatively properly. The water heaters were broken for two days during my stay in January and I had to take a frigid cold shower. The thermostat in the room did not control the heater in the room. Room temps were averaging 65 degrees during the night. Finally, a elevator control button was missing on the control panel leaving wires exposed.

The front desk staff (Morgan and others) were not helpful at all in either resolving the water heater issues nor the thermostat problem. God help you if you ask for a different room or a rate reduction - what an attitude!!!!

GO ELSE WHERE. THIS PLACE IS AN OVER PRICED DIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I stayed here in Dec 2010 with my family visiting family members. We had a great stay here- and I think it was a terrific hotel. I did NOT have any issues with the staff as many other posts have pointed out, and I had found the staff friendly with allowing for late check out, negotiating local directions, etc (I did not need to use the shuttle during the stay). The rooms were nice, although there is a separate living room area, I think "suite" is a generous term. There was a nice sink/microwave/fridge area and a flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and the rooms and public spaces made this seem like a new hotel (I have no idea how old it is). The included breakfast buffet was on the nicer end of what you get at these hotels. There was 24/7 coffee available in the lobby which was quite good, as well as apples. I would stay at this hotel with only two complaints- I think it is just a little pricey for what you get, although I was totally satisfied staying here I think with the abundance of hotels in the immediate area you might be able to find a better deal. My other complaint is that there is no in-room safe. There is a safe at the front desk, but I would rather there be one in the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
windsor mill,md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

i was trying to get home from work in the snow blizzard,but after having 0 visabilty,i decided to seek shelter. the manager at the mcdonalds suggested that i go to arundle mills to find a hotel. i checked in right away with no problem.the room was beautiful and cozy.the breakfast was supperb. they even had free dinner at 5:30.i am thanking god for getting me here. everyone was nice to me ,the plow truck even plowed me out a parking space. i am so thankful that God led me here. i was truly blessed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

There was a mixup with the shuttle. We waited nearly an hour for one to pick us up from the airport. Sharon did not answer the main phone. We had to ring back for 5 minutes before she answered. She said the shuttle was there and we were not. She did not apologize and say maybe the driver did not see us. After arguing with us about it she said she would send another in 20 minutes. When I met her at the front desk, I told her I would have understook that there was a mixup but to say we were not there,and argue with us was extremely poor customer service. Still not apology. Normally I love any of the Springhill hotels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

The hotel itself (location, rooms...) is nice, however the staff leaves something to be desired. I spoke to four different employees before and during my stay and only ONE was friendly and helpful. The lack of customer service all started when I called to make a reservation--the reservation agent was rude and did not have an answer to any of the questions I asked. Still, based off of the reviews here on tripadviosr, I decided not to let one bad apple ruin the bunch. Later in the day I called to ask for an early check-in. I was told that my name was put on a list and to call back later. I called back later and was told that there were still no rooms available but that a front desk agent would call me later on to let me know when a room became available....I never got the call (even after explaining to the agent that my friend was arriving in town earlier than me and that's why we needed the early (one hour early) check-in). To make a long story medium...I later asked for a late check-out and was told, by a very rude woman, that the hotel was sold out and no late check-outs were available because the staff always had to have the rooms ready before 3 p.m. I then asked how, if the staff always has the rooms available before 3 p.m., were there no early check-ins the day before. I then called a reservation agent to book a room for that same day and was told that there were rooms available. Confused? Me too.
Although, the rooms and the location of the hotel are nice, next time I plan to stay somewhere where I get the TOTAL package...outstanding customer service included.

I do need to point out that Laurie (I think that's her name) who worked the morning shift at the front desk on Sunday, August 2, 2009 is awesome. I just wish the other employees were as customer service oriented.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

A pretty easy, comfortable stay overall. Check-in was great with Brooke at the desk. She is incredibly professional and on top of things. We were going into town for a concert and because there was an Orioles game that night, Brooke found us alternate routes to the theatre where we were headed to save us traffic headaches. She gave me a little goodie bag for being a member of their rewards program too, which my 11 year old was very pleased with.

Rooms were great, plenty of room, clean, nice bedding, comfortable beds, etc. Microwaves, fridges, a small table to eat or work, a small sitting area, etc. Bathrooms have separated shower/tub/commode and sink/mirror. Pool ok, but hot tub out of commission. Actually the pool is on the small side. There were always a lot of people in it, and not quite enough room to move around freely.

They always have cookies at the front desk, and baskets of fruit (apples & oranges, occasionally bananas) and lemon-water on a table in the lobby. Breakfast was nice - a good variety of food to choose from - but was unbelievably crowded at 9:30. If we got there earlier (8ish) we just about had the place to ourselves.

The one big complain I have is that there is very little to choose from in the way of restaurants anywhere near the hotel. That proved to be a problem a couple of times for us, but other than that, I was pleased with the place and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!