“It's Medieval Times, (A Show)”
Review of Medieval Times Maryland Castle

7000 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover, MD 21076
Update attraction details
Ranked #1 of 7 attractions in Hanover
Certificate of Excellence 2013
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
Traveler Description: Do you like jousting, swordfighting, beautiful princesses, brave knights, falconry or feasting? If so, the Baltimore/Washington D.C. Medieval Times... more »

There are newer reviews for Medieval Times Maryland Castle
Port Republic, MD
8 attraction reviews
“It's Medieval Times, (A Show)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you like to eat with you hands, watch live horses and jousting, then this is the place. I feel the meal and the show is not worth the admission you pay. Glad I done it, but will try to avoid in the future.

Visited October 2012
Newark, Delaware
“Great Family Entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wonderful time! Fantastic location and couldn't believe that it was located at the end of a HUGE mall. What a pleasant surprise. Parking was a challenge...not much available...because of the mall...had to drive around to get a place to park the car. The grandkids were fascinated by the whole medieval experience. They loved that they could eat using their hands. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. The waitstaff was great and, also, very entertaining. Before we entered the castle we were able to enjoy a beverage and look at all the suits of armor and other relics of the medieval times and of course all the items that were for sale...pretty pricy, but very much what you would expect...no surprise there. We got very involved with eating and cheering for our knight. The entertainment was great. A very enjoyable time to spend with the family.

Visited July 2013
Rome, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Fun Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is my family's 2nd trip to Medieval Times, but first time at this one. I was a little surprised that it was in a mall, which seemed to take away from it somehow. The others that I've been to or driven past are self standing and give off more of the Castle vibe. We went because we were on vacation in DC and the kids wanted to go again because they liked the one in FL so much. I don't think that I'd pay full price for a ticket and even w/the "deals" it's a little steep, but for 2 hours of entertainment and good food it's a good "special" thing to do. We didn't do the torture chamber here because we did the one in FL and it was included in the price there, whereas this was a (reasonable) extra $2. The service, entertainment and food is very good - food much better than I expected. Will go to a Medieval Times again!

Canberra
6 attraction reviews
“Medieval times, Fun times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited here with a huge group from work. We knew what we were getting ourselves in for and it was great fun. My only disappointment was not finding the fishbowl cocktails earlier in the night..

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Teen Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Medieval Times was very fun. I liked the organization of letting people in by crown color rather than saying GO and having a stampede. The torture museum is $2; I found it fascinating and a little disturbing. Nothing super graphic, but think about your kid before going in. The show itself was quite entertaining with jousting and hawks and horses. While I was there, the horses got my allergies a bit, so if you suffer from them, just be careful. The food was pretty good, and there was a lot of it. I'm pretty sure you get an entire half chicken. There are no utensils. You have been warned. Note to all: This does have an element of cheesiness. Good cheesiness, but still. If you want to enjoy yourself, PLAY ALONG! Get into it. Cheer, boo.Eat with your fingers. Develop a British accent. If you are all 'This is stupid", you will not enjoy yourself. Have fun.