“Great Family Entertainment” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Newark, Delaware
“Great Family Entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wonderful time! Fantastic location and couldn't believe that it was located at the end of a HUGE mall. What a pleasant surprise. Parking was a challenge...not much available...because of the mall...had to drive around to get a place to park the car. The grandkids were fascinated by the whole medieval experience. They loved that they could eat using their hands. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. The waitstaff was great and, also, very entertaining. Before we entered the castle we were able to enjoy a beverage and look at all the suits of armor and other relics of the medieval times and of course all the items that were for sale...pretty pricy, but very much what you would expect...no surprise there. We got very involved with eating and cheering for our knight. The entertainment was great. A very enjoyable time to spend with the family.

Visited July 2013

Rome, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Fun Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is my family's 2nd trip to Medieval Times, but first time at this one. I was a little surprised that it was in a mall, which seemed to take away from it somehow. The others that I've been to or driven past are self standing and give off more of the Castle vibe. We went because we were on vacation in DC and the kids wanted to go again because they liked the one in FL so much. I don't think that I'd pay full price for a ticket and even w/the "deals" it's a little steep, but for 2 hours of entertainment and good food it's a good "special" thing to do. We didn't do the torture chamber here because we did the one in FL and it was included in the price there, whereas this was a (reasonable) extra $2. The service, entertainment and food is very good - food much better than I expected. Will go to a Medieval Times again!

Canberra
11 attraction reviews
“Medieval times, Fun times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited here with a huge group from work. We knew what we were getting ourselves in for and it was great fun. My only disappointment was not finding the fishbowl cocktails earlier in the night..

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Teen Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Medieval Times was very fun. I liked the organization of letting people in by crown color rather than saying GO and having a stampede. The torture museum is $2; I found it fascinating and a little disturbing. Nothing super graphic, but think about your kid before going in. The show itself was quite entertaining with jousting and hawks and horses. While I was there, the horses got my allergies a bit, so if you suffer from them, just be careful. The food was pretty good, and there was a lot of it. I'm pretty sure you get an entire half chicken. There are no utensils. You have been warned. Note to all: This does have an element of cheesiness. Good cheesiness, but still. If you want to enjoy yourself, PLAY ALONG! Get into it. Cheer, boo.Eat with your fingers. Develop a British accent. If you are all 'This is stupid", you will not enjoy yourself. Have fun.

Lutherville, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“A Kibbitz”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I won tickets for a mid week show. We went for a date night. We had great seats. If you don't want to spend a lot of money come right at show time. This place is like Universal Studios hawking wares all night long. They have it all.
The dinner was enjoyable a small bowl of tomato bisque a huge portion of baked chicken one meaty rib 1/2 oven crisped baked potato and a piece of garlic toast. Iced tea and Pepsi products are included anything heavier can be bought at the bar.Dessert was a warm apple turnover
Before during and after dinner you are asked and encouraged to buy pictures, lit flowers banners etc. We waved them away and were never bothered again. The bar girl came around several times.
I did find it hard to watch the show and eat at the same time. FYI if you're not a fan of eating with you hands bring your own cutlery plastic to toss at the end of dinner .
Everyone around use seemed to be having a fun evening. The more alcohol the more fun people seemed to be having.
Surprisingly good food and a fun night was had by all.