“For Honor!!!! For Fun!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Attractions in Hanover
Type: Performances, Dinner Theaters, Zoos & Aquariums
Silver Spring, Maryland
24 attraction reviews
“For Honor!!!! For Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

✓ Cheer for Your Team! Great Show!!
I really enjoyed the show. My recommendation for you is to cut loose and go all out. Cheer as loud as you can for your knight, even if you think he will lose. I mean, why shouldn't you cheer? When the King makes his toast, join in. Like many things in life, you will only have as much fun as you are willing to have. There was an awesome person doing a Xena war cry when her knight won. Oh, right, that person was me!! :P And yes, it was fun really to cheer!

✓ Trained Horses
For the untrained eye you will likely be impressed by the stunts pulled by the horses. Actual horse trainers and riders may be more critical. I don't have any experience with horses, but I can say that they petted their horses and gave them hay and treats for completing the stunts. I would say that the horses are well cared for. At the very least they are not abused or neglected. The hair wasn't matted.

✓ Fights
Are surprisingly good. They put safety first, and this is mainly because horses are involved. It's very important not to spook the horses so there are "delayed reactions" from being hit.

✓ Satisfying Meal
Is basic, but very filling. I can't say much for the vegetarian food, since I didn't see anyone with it. I can say that I enjoyed the meal. I really enjoyed leaving manners behind to eat with my hands and gulp down the soup. I felt "in character" - which was fun. I personally really enjoyed the soup, garlic bread, and the pastry desert. (Note: You are given a napkin at the end of your meal to clean up.)

✓ Servers
The service is decent. It's hard to hear your server as they explain who your allies are and other things. I would deduct points for this. You can later ask your server to repeat themselves when you give your drink order.

✓ 1 Free Refill
The mug is large. I think it could fit 12 oz. Later on you have the chance to get a free refill. I didn't know that I would have a refill so this was a very happy surprise. The ice tea doesn't have sugar, so I choose Pepsi for my second drink. You only get one cup though.

✓ 50% Chance of Winning!
There are 6 knights. Everyone has their own knight to cheer for, plus 2 other knights who are considered your allies. If they win, you clap. As for the other 3 knights who are not your allies, you consider them your rival and you boo for them. This is very smart because only 1 of the 6 knights will be chosen as the winner, which means you have only a 16% chance of your knight winning. But, you have a 50% chance of your side (including your knight and your allies) winning. You would of course feel especially great if your knight is the 1 of 6 who won.

I was sorted on the side of the Green Knight. This was my first time seeing the show and my knight won. It was awesome!

✓ Every Show is Different
The winner is chosen at random, so you never know if you're on the winning team.

✓ Souvenirs/Gifts
You can find a nice souvenir for under $10. There were size-adjustable caps for only $5!

✓ Great for Birthdays
Tell them beforehand that you're coming for a birthday and at some point in the show all birthday girls and boys, sirs and ladies will be mentioned aloud for the crowd to cheer for. There are also other perks so check it out!

✓ Buy 1 Get 1 Free Deals
This is mostly a birthday deal, but they sometimes have this deal for other occasions. You have to sign up to be on their birthday list so they can email you this deal. It's worth it though. I got this deal because they were having spring break special. The show is very expensive. It's $60 per adult! This deal makes the price reasonable. If it weren't for this deal, I might knock off 1 ☆ for being too expensive. At least there's a way around that if you really want to give this place a shot! :)

Note: I recommend bring hand sanitizer.If you don't like being messy then you can bring your own napkins.

Woodbridge, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Nice time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Took my 8 year old in early March and we had a blast. VERY Cool place to go if not just for one time.

Elkton, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
“sooo great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We took our two teenage boys for an overnight trip during Spring Break. We had such a great time. The food and service were great! We will definately return!! Very entertaining!

Visited April 2013
MTMaryland, Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We are so glad you had a knight to remember!
Washington
“Fun and entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good food and an entertaining night watching the medieval characters joust as you eat. This is about my fourth time visiting the place over the years and I always enjoy myself there. I think the tickets are a bit pricy but the food is excellent and makes up for the ticket price. We had two birthday celebrants in our party who were identified and applauded.

Visited March 2013
We are so glad you had a "knight" to remember!
Ashburn, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
“A Knight to Remember!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wow!! My husband, children, and I went for the first time yesterday and it was amazing. We were team red and yellow….the winning team of course. The show was very entertaining. The jousting and sword fighting towards the end was the best part for us. The knights and there horses are very talented.

I was also impressed with the quantity and quality of the food and service. The staff was nice and truly stayed in character. We got tomato soup w/ toasted bread, half of a chicken, a rib, two large seasoned potato wedges, and a yummy apple pastry. And of course the children loved eating with there hands! It can be a little pricy, but there are discounts online. Definitely worth the money!

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your royal visit!