“Cheesy, fun night out with friends!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 attractions in Hanover
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
Attraction Details
16 attraction reviews
“Cheesy, fun night out with friends!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is definitely a fun cheesy night out! I gave it 3 stars instead of 4 since it is expensive. Definitely be on the lookout for coupons to get tickets at a reduced rate - makes it worth it. Upgrade to "royal" tickets if you can - shorter lines, bar service in the arena and closer seating. We went with friends so it wasn't that much, but since it is really geared towards families I can certainly add up very quickly. Be aware that you wait forever to get in, they don't start letting people in until the show time - which only happens by section so it takes a little while. The fare is as expected - generic (soup, Texas toast, seasoned chicken quarter, spare rib, steak fries and an apple turnover), but it wasn't bad. Think about - medieval times - not exactly the height of cuisine :-) The show was solid, we laughed, we cheered, we boo'd and we had fun with it. There were lots of families, but plenty of adults with their friends - any crowd will fit in. Things like this you really get out of it what you put into it - go with an open mind and willingness to join in the fun and a good time will be had by all!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“Good Times with Medeival Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The food was actually great....the action too! A great place for a family night out! The action keeps you involved. You will be using your hands alot come dinner time!

York, Pennsylvania
“Make sure you are hungry when you come!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Make sure you are hungry when you come, both, for food and excitement! We went with most of the family, grandkids and all. Everyone was rooting for their favorite knights, eating with their fingers and having a blast! Haha!

Sterling, Virginia
“Son's Brithday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went for my son's 21st Birthday and took my grandson (4). We had a good time and the meal was good. The drinks were a bit on the expensive side and a bit weak. Otherwise we enjoyed our visit. We rooted for our knight even though he didn't win the final round. Good time.

Olney, Maryland
20 attraction reviews
“A wonderful time had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was my second visit and the "big" Christmas present I gave my three young grandchildren (ages 5, 7, 9). I upgraded to first row which gave each of them a 5x7 group photo in commemorative folder as well as other "goodies". I've seen various reviews including one that said the food was not commensurate with price. To that I say: "Fooey"! You're not paying just for the food but also a great show and the food was plentiful and delicious. The roasted half chicken was marvelous! One my kiddos is a vegetarian and the vegetarian lasagna that was served was wonderful (I know because I got to take home leftovers!). Another negative comment was about the "miserable" horses. We were in the first row so we were as close as you could get. I saw NO evidence of this. I've been to many horse shows (including seeing the Lipizzaner Stallions perform in Vienna) and renaissance festivals that have jousting and the horses at Medieval Times appeared as pampered but disciplined as any I've ever seen; extraordinarily well groomed. And they performed magnificently! My kiddos were entranced from beginning to end! Because they were little and because this was a special present, I spent the extra for the "top of the line seats" and it was worth it to me. But it's also not necessary. There isn't a bad seat in the house. (Had to leave in the middle of the show with one of the youngsters for a "necessary stop" and we could see at the top of the arena that all seats were great.) This is a special occasion treat not the ordinary "going out to dinner" but can't wait until my other grandchild is old enough to take!

Visited December 2012