“Country Mouse Meets City Mall” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Hanover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Arundel Mills is the largest outlet shopping, dining and entertainment destination in Maryland. With more than 200 stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth, Pink, Lego and The Disney Store, Arundel Mills has everything you need.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Frederick, Maryland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Country Mouse Meets City Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm a bit of a country mouse and the malls where I come from are all on the small side. So when my husband and I visited the casino I was very excited to check out the mall as well. I was impressed by the gorgeous Egyptian themed movie theater. I was thrilled by all the kid-friendly rides (a train runs through the mall! an actual kid-sized train that you can ride!) Medieval Times was quite a sight to see, inside and out. And I was excited to find a LEGO store AND a Disney store! (I'm kind of a kid at heart I suppose.) The Bass Pro Shop is huge and a lot of fun to visit. Great food options and other fun amenities like massage chairs. My overall impression of this mall was WOW! And I would definitely return with my son, to take advantage of all the kid stuff.

However.....after spending a couple hours there it became exhausting. The mall is huge. And the shape of it makes going from one side to the other very tedious. The crowds were crushing. We first went into the mall for a peek on a late Friday morning. That is when we had the chance to explore and decide where we would spend our time the next day, because we were in a hurry to get to the casino. Well, we should have just stayed at the mall on Friday morning because when we went back the next day, the crowds were overwhelming. Parking was not terrible but we did have quite a hike to get into the building. If you prefer a closer spot it may take you a while to find it. I was waiting to make my purchases on Saturday which was a bad decision. The crowds prevented me from even going back into the LEGO store. Nevermind making a purchase there! So that was a bit disappointing. No room to browse means no money spent there.

As other reviewers mentioned, the clientele is not always so savory. I would not visit this mall after dark. A weekend afternoon is full of families with kids. A weekend evening, I would not want to see. We are just outside of Baltimore after all and if the casino customers are any indication, it's not a good place to hang out at night.

BUT, it is great fun during the day. Lots of fun stores (if you can get into them) and lots of yummy places to eat (see my review of Johnny Rockets and why to avoid them, also my review of Chevy's which was delicious!).

Overall I would definitely visit again but I will make a special effort to go during a weekday morning or early afternoon to avoid the crowds.

Visited January 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“leisure time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

shopping & snacking bis what we do best & we choose the mall for that. i find burlington coat factory to have lots of goodys

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My family...they were amazed from the moment they walked in at the Egyptian themed movie theater and even more so amazed at the Medieval Times Restaraunt. Our shopping excursion was very enjoyable.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Everything you could want in one place :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love this place, casino, shopping, food...u name it. The mall area is a little busy and traffic can be a bit hairy during the day. I love that there is almost every store and eatery you can think of in one spot.

Greenbelt, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Big indoor mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It built as an outlet mall but not sure if that is really true. Prices are good though. Lots of walking which does the body good.

Visited March 2013