“Nice Steakhouse Set-Up” 4 of 5 stars

7002 Arundel Mills Cir #7777, Hanover, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Steakhouse Set-Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went on a Thursday for a early dinner. The bar area was quite large, but we bypassed to hit dining room. Nice, white table clothed set-up. Piped in sounds from live piano player in bar. Pretty attentive staff. However, it was obvious that our waitress was not knowledgeable of drinks or wines, which is a bit of an immediate fail. Soon enough she admitted that, which was good. She wanted to make accommodations, but we were fine. I sure she would have asked someone else to help us. Bread tasted amazing. Seems to be made in-house. Pre-meal martinis were excellent! Wine selection was vast. That night they had maybe 6 non-menu specials. We went with two of the, bone in rib-eye and baseball cut steak, which was a sirloin cut in some creative manner. Steaks, sides, etc. were all up to par for such a pricey place. Will go again. They do hit the decor marks.

• Visited April 2014

Very upscale prices
Nice atmosphere
excellent service
dress code
best king crab ever, but $$$$
Attached to the Casino, great location
Good bar tender (hard to find)

Visited March 2014
“Good restaurant ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Service excellent , food was good , ambient really nice , I don't think that is price of food does not match ,is very high ....

Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Food Worth Paying For!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The entry is inviting. Nice sized bar area which you walk through to get to the dining room. Accomplished pianist was performing during our entire dinner. Large variety of seating options. Tables with benches, tables with window views of the outside, outdoor seating. Outside side area for cigar smooking. Looks like a room right off the Ralph Lauren Home design web site right down to to the black walls. Tables with views of the the casino...etc. We chose to sit in wingback black leather club chairs. Bread was warm, hard and almost tasteless. We ordered wine by the glass and sparkling water. The bottled water was chilled on a stand tableside. The waiter was lack luster a bit slow with a limited vocabulary and experience. We ordered the aged steak, the lobster and crab legs. Our accompaniments were mushrooms, mashed potatoes, sauteed onions and spinach. The steak was cooked perfectly medium. The lobster was excellent and tbe crab was the best I've ever had in a restaurant. The temperature of each dish was just right. The portions were generous. The food left me satisfied; however, the waiter left much to be desired. The crying baby throught the entire dinner reminded me of why I chose not to take my infant. Total for two, $225 plus a 20% tip. We ordered no appetizers nor any desserts.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Poor experiance. Go elsewhere and save yourself a bad experiance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I’m not one for reviews, when I do post one it is usually for good service however I’m posting this negative review for The Prime Rib. 6 friends and I went to celebrate a birthday. We showed up a little early, roughly 15 minutes before. The hostess said that we could take a seat at the bar and the table would be available soon. While we were at the bar the Hostess never came and got us and we had to remind her twice that we were waiting after we have seeing 3 parties leave. We got seated nearly 45 minutes after our reservation time had passed.

Once we were seated things seemed to be ok, It took a while to get things going. They were fast with the wine, since my wife and I are not drinkers we had to wait a while to get our drinks. Which we had to ask for. They never asked us. Let’s just say service was lacking throughout the whole evening. Other people asked for water and never received it, two people asked for tartar sauce and never got it either.

The food: While some people said it was good there was a definite agreement that some of it could have been much better. The fries that are billed to be some of the best are no more than fries that you could get at a grocery store. They were cold. My Ribeye was cold and had no taste. The food was overpriced to say the least.

At the end of the night we were ready to leave and told the waitress we needed to split the check. We marked what was ours and off she went. When she returned everyone started signing and I looked at my bill to find that I was overcharged $30. Not a big deal, I figure she can take care of it real quick and we can get out of here. When we were able to get someone to see us 20 minutes after the bills arrived they went back corrected the mistake and we were on our way. Standing outside we all were discussing what a poor experience we had and said our goodbyes for the night. Story doesn’t end there.

Two days later I check my bank account. I had a charge of $555.66 and another charge for $411. My wife and I total meal was $114. After being more than a little angry and trying to get in contact with the restaurant I decided to wait and see if they caught their mistake. Finally the $411 charge dropped off. Leaving my friends and I to split the tab after the fact because guess what neither of them were charged their portion of the meal.

I highly suggest that people rethink going to The Prime Rib at Maryland Live Casino. There are many other places to go with much better service and competency.

• Visited January 2014