“Poor experiance. Go elsewhere and save yourself a bad experiance” 1 of 5 stars

7002 Arundel Mills Cir #7777, Hanover, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 102 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Poor experiance. Go elsewhere and save yourself a bad experiance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I’m not one for reviews, when I do post one it is usually for good service however I’m posting this negative review for The Prime Rib. 6 friends and I went to celebrate a birthday. We showed up a little early, roughly 15 minutes before. The hostess said that we could take a seat at the bar and the table would be available soon. While we were at the bar the Hostess never came and got us and we had to remind her twice that we were waiting after we have seeing 3 parties leave. We got seated nearly 45 minutes after our reservation time had passed.

Once we were seated things seemed to be ok, It took a while to get things going. They were fast with the wine, since my wife and I are not drinkers we had to wait a while to get our drinks. Which we had to ask for. They never asked us. Let’s just say service was lacking throughout the whole evening. Other people asked for water and never received it, two people asked for tartar sauce and never got it either.

The food: While some people said it was good there was a definite agreement that some of it could have been much better. The fries that are billed to be some of the best are no more than fries that you could get at a grocery store. They were cold. My Ribeye was cold and had no taste. The food was overpriced to say the least.

At the end of the night we were ready to leave and told the waitress we needed to split the check. We marked what was ours and off she went. When she returned everyone started signing and I looked at my bill to find that I was overcharged $30. Not a big deal, I figure she can take care of it real quick and we can get out of here. When we were able to get someone to see us 20 minutes after the bills arrived they went back corrected the mistake and we were on our way. Standing outside we all were discussing what a poor experience we had and said our goodbyes for the night. Story doesn’t end there.

Two days later I check my bank account. I had a charge of $555.66 and another charge for $411. My wife and I total meal was $114. After being more than a little angry and trying to get in contact with the restaurant I decided to wait and see if they caught their mistake. Finally the $411 charge dropped off. Leaving my friends and I to split the tab after the fact because guess what neither of them were charged their portion of the meal.

I highly suggest that people rethink going to The Prime Rib at Maryland Live Casino. There are many other places to go with much better service and competency.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

District Heights
“Best food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Everything was perfect, the food the service and the ambiance. Great entertainment with the band, and the balloon drop was fun.

Visited January 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“The Prime Rib Restaurant - Hanover, Maryland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Prime Rib Restaurant or Steak house has three location in the Baltimore Washington areas. I have now experience all three with the latest being the newly opened Prime Rib Restaurant at Arundel Mills or Maryland Live Casino. The most recent experience was my second visit there within a month with the first visit being very un eventful and the food on that particular visit not especially appetizing. The bottom line,for a five star priced restaurant, the service was a four, atmosphere a three,food was about a three and one half. Wait staff was very professional but not genuine in the delivery of friendliness, much to plastic, not their personality more playing out the name. Atmosphere for upscale dining in the main dining room very, very causal. I was dressed according to the website statement of dress code which was jacket,no jeans, tee shirt to be covered by jacket with the bar to be the place where the under dressed diner was to go. Well my dinner partner and I felt over dressed in jacket and slacks sitting next to jeans, tee shirts and very casual diners. The food was ok with the crab imperial very tasty as well as the potatoes au gratin. The stuffed flounder was very,very dry as if it had set under a hot lamp too long. We had to send it back. Not what you would expect with five star dining. Watch out for the $10 dollar baked potato, o my!!! What a joke. The ultimate in "we will charge you what we want" attitude and you will pay!! :) However a nice touch was the covered outside area where we did enjoy a cup of coffee and a cigar. The good thing is this Prime Rib location seems to be distant from the DC location and the super superb Baltimore one. Has a long,long way to go to be considered a good "Grill".

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Cured my cravings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was impressed with the service and quality. We ate kind of late on a Wednesday night so there was no wait and the restaurant was quite empty with only a few table occupied. My date ordered the filet med-rare and I had the bone in rib-eye cooked the same. Both steaks were quality cuts and were cooked perfectly. It wasn't the best rib-eye I have ever eaten, but it was great! For sides we had the mushrooms and the au gratin potatoes. I cannot speak for the mushrooms, since I didn't try any (I'm not a mushroom fan). The potatoes were out of this world! I don't recall the bottle of wine we tried (it was a Merlot) but it was decent. Their wine list is pretty sizable. For dessert I had the crème brulee and a Grand Marnier 50 as suggested. My date had the lavender ice cream. The crème brulee was....well it was crème brulee. You can't really do crème brulee wrong! the lavender ice cream on the other hand, was pretty amazing and completed the dining experience. I look forward to dining her again!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Marty the waiter, awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My Fiance and I recently dined at the Prime Rib. The food was excellent, I had lamb chop and a lobster tail, she had the signature prime rib. Along with ahi tuna appetizer, chocolate cake and cheesecake for dessert, and of course a bottle of wine, it was amazing from beginning to end. Even better than the food was the service. Starting with valet when we came in, coat check, the hostess, everyone was so pleasant. Marty was our waiter and took great care of us. He was professional but not a robot, he had good reccomendations and made good conversation without taking away from our couple's dinner experience. When he found out that we had only been engaged for a week, he offered us a complimentary dessert cocktail, a very nice touch. I would reccommend Prime Rib to anyone. I'm not much of a gambler but I definately enjoyed myself at the MD Live Casino.

• Visited November 2013