“The Prime Rib Restaurant - Hanover, Maryland” 3 of 5 stars

443-445-2970
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“The Prime Rib Restaurant - Hanover, Maryland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Prime Rib Restaurant or Steak house has three location in the Baltimore Washington areas. I have now experience all three with the latest being the newly opened Prime Rib Restaurant at Arundel Mills or Maryland Live Casino. The most recent experience was my second visit there within a month with the first visit being very un eventful and the food on that particular visit not especially appetizing. The bottom line,for a five star priced restaurant, the service was a four, atmosphere a three,food was about a three and one half. Wait staff was very professional but not genuine in the delivery of friendliness, much to plastic, not their personality more playing out the name. Atmosphere for upscale dining in the main dining room very, very causal. I was dressed according to the website statement of dress code which was jacket,no jeans, tee shirt to be covered by jacket with the bar to be the place where the under dressed diner was to go. Well my dinner partner and I felt over dressed in jacket and slacks sitting next to jeans, tee shirts and very casual diners. The food was ok with the crab imperial very tasty as well as the potatoes au gratin. The stuffed flounder was very,very dry as if it had set under a hot lamp too long. We had to send it back. Not what you would expect with five star dining. Watch out for the $10 dollar baked potato, o my!!! What a joke. The ultimate in "we will charge you what we want" attitude and you will pay!! :) However a nice touch was the covered outside area where we did enjoy a cup of coffee and a cigar. The good thing is this Prime Rib location seems to be distant from the DC location and the super superb Baltimore one. Has a long,long way to go to be considered a good "Grill".

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ashburn, Virginia
“Cured my cravings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was impressed with the service and quality. We ate kind of late on a Wednesday night so there was no wait and the restaurant was quite empty with only a few table occupied. My date ordered the filet med-rare and I had the bone in rib-eye cooked the same. Both steaks were quality cuts and were cooked perfectly. It wasn't the best rib-eye I have ever eaten, but it was great! For sides we had the mushrooms and the au gratin potatoes. I cannot speak for the mushrooms, since I didn't try any (I'm not a mushroom fan). The potatoes were out of this world! I don't recall the bottle of wine we tried (it was a Merlot) but it was decent. Their wine list is pretty sizable. For dessert I had the crème brulee and a Grand Marnier 50 as suggested. My date had the lavender ice cream. The crème brulee was....well it was crème brulee. You can't really do crème brulee wrong! the lavender ice cream on the other hand, was pretty amazing and completed the dining experience. I look forward to dining her again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Marty the waiter, awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My Fiance and I recently dined at the Prime Rib. The food was excellent, I had lamb chop and a lobster tail, she had the signature prime rib. Along with ahi tuna appetizer, chocolate cake and cheesecake for dessert, and of course a bottle of wine, it was amazing from beginning to end. Even better than the food was the service. Starting with valet when we came in, coat check, the hostess, everyone was so pleasant. Marty was our waiter and took great care of us. He was professional but not a robot, he had good reccomendations and made good conversation without taking away from our couple's dinner experience. When he found out that we had only been engaged for a week, he offered us a complimentary dessert cocktail, a very nice touch. I would reccommend Prime Rib to anyone. I'm not much of a gambler but I definately enjoyed myself at the MD Live Casino.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a less than fabulous experience here. A group of us went for a friends birthday. Our waiter seemed as if we were bothering him by being there, he did not enhance our dining experience.

The appetizers were horrid. I got the oyster rockefeller, frozen spinach just plopped on the oyster with some god awful cheese on top, the worst. The oyster on the halfshell were decent. I got the Prime Rib which I must say was pretty good. For dessert someone got the lavender ice cream, I've never had rancid ice cream until then. I had to spit it into my napkin and flush the taste out with water. My friends thought I was over exaggerating until they tried it and had the same reaction. Had to send it back of course.

I figured I'd finish my sub par meal with a good scotch at the bar, thank god I looked at the price before I drank it. I like scotch so I know the price range from a good restaurant, this was TWICE the price of a Palm, Peter Luger,or Red, outrageous. My wife and I spent over $300, we should have gone to the palm...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful private room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hosted a board meeting of 14 people in the Centre private room. service was great , the food was all cooked to perfection, no one had to send their feedback would highly recommended