“Almost as good as the original” 4 of 5 stars

7002 Arundel Mills Cir #7777, Hanover, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 102 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“Almost as good as the original”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

.....the Prime Rib at the Live Casino tries hard....and does an excellent job of presenting most of the same fare as their main location in Baltimore. The downtown location is probably the best overall special occasion restaurant in the area....so the new kid on the block as a tough standard to try and measure up to. The Prime Rib (their featured entree) was good...but just short of the spectacular side of beef served at the original. The "Piney's ...vodka and pineapple juice are as good as Baltimore's. The salads are presented differently then the other location.
If you are at the casino, it's a great destination for a good meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

College Park, Maryland
“Five Stars no ****** Six Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

One of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in. The staff goes out of their way to give you what you want. It is a little pricy, but worth every cent.

Visited June 2013
LAUREL
“Mother's Day Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I made a reservation online to ensure seating. The ambience at this restaurant is very impressive. However, the location is not the best. The place - at Maryland Live is congested as it wasn't meant for a 'better' restaurant.
We were seated in quick time, however I was not impressed with the seating. I figure if I'm going to pay big bucks, I don't want a seat by the entrance to the toilet or kitchen - which is what I got. I wasn't happy with that at all.

If I wasn't so hungry, I would have opted for another place!

There needs to be a divider of some sort between the seats near the toilet and kitchen entrances or else take those seats out! That was major tacky!

The waiter was great, polite and attentive - so a plus there!

I ordered steak (well done). It had to be sent back twice before it could be near well done. Sorry not everyone likes bleeding meat! I'm not sure if they've got a method to determine whether a steak is well done or not - but maybe they should test a few steaks to determine how long it would take to get it well done on the first try! It is not rocket science and it is a very expensive meal!
I did not make a fuss -but a mental note to myself - 'Never again!' I could only eat a small piece of it, as I was filled with wine and gas! Management however decided to eliminate the cost of the steak from the bill - a decent gesture on their part.
NOTE TO PRIME RIB - get your act together and also remove that last row of seats or automatically charge less for the less than desirable seating!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hampstead, Maryland
“Anniversary dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been to the Baltimore location before and it is very formal with superb service and food. We decided on this location because it is at Maryland Live casino. What a difference. The hostess was nowhere to be found and when she did show up she was in no hurry. Our waitress was very nice. Our table was near the window to the casino and the chairs were comfy. Very casual for a business casual dress code. Saw a few people in jeans. Very light and open interior. We tried the lobster bisque first and it was good but not a lot of lobster. We received an amuse boush of smoked trout crostini. I don't really care for fish so I won't tell u what I thought. The brought out ne freshly made rools which were crusty on outside and soft on the inside. Very tasty. Our entrees were served quickly and they were very good. Signature cut prime rib and the filet. Very tasty. My husband got the veal Demi-glaze with his which was tasty. The roasted asparagus was excellent. We were full but decided we wanted something sweet so we waffled between the 16layer chocolate cake and strawberry ice cream. Not being that hungry we went with the ice cream. Mistake on our part. The ice cream tasted like it had been in the freezer for ten years. We should have sent it back, but we were going to the casino and just wanted to go. Overall good, but no ice cream should taste like that.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Expected much better service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

For the reputation of The Prime Rib in D.C., the exorbitant price of the meat, and having to pay extra for sides, I really expected the experience to be better. A friend and I decided to have dinner at 5 pm. There wasn't anyone there, but we had to sit in the bar because we didn't have reservations. Upon leaving, I noticed empty tables! We had 2 different arrogant waiters who were seldom seen, and who gave us conflicting information about the menu. The house salad was small and pitiful, consisting of limp, brown-edged lettuce, 2 tiny tomatoes, a small piece of cucumber, and chopped egg (NOT listed on the menu…who puts egg on their house salad?) all drowning in a boring dressing. I wanted the smaller, signature prime rib, rare, but was told I could only have it medium. When it showed up, it was the size of a whole pot roast! Who would serve that to a little woman? I couldn't find either waiter for a while, and I started to wonder if they gave me the $57 cut on purpose, hoping I would pay the higher price. When I finally got a waiter, he very reluctantly told me to eat it and they would charge me for the smaller one. The other waiter came by and reluctantly said the same thing. Then the first waiter quickly whisked it away from me, to get me "what I wanted." My companion ate his entire steak in the time it took for me to get another prime rib. When it came, it was raw and cold in the center. This place is definitely NOT worth even half of the money it costs!! You'd be better off putting that same money on the blackjack table.

• Visited April 2013