“Mother's Day Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

443-445-2970
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
LAUREL
“Mother's Day Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I made a reservation online to ensure seating. The ambience at this restaurant is very impressive. However, the location is not the best. The place - at Maryland Live is congested as it wasn't meant for a 'better' restaurant.
We were seated in quick time, however I was not impressed with the seating. I figure if I'm going to pay big bucks, I don't want a seat by the entrance to the toilet or kitchen - which is what I got. I wasn't happy with that at all.

If I wasn't so hungry, I would have opted for another place!

There needs to be a divider of some sort between the seats near the toilet and kitchen entrances or else take those seats out! That was major tacky!

The waiter was great, polite and attentive - so a plus there!

I ordered steak (well done). It had to be sent back twice before it could be near well done. Sorry not everyone likes bleeding meat! I'm not sure if they've got a method to determine whether a steak is well done or not - but maybe they should test a few steaks to determine how long it would take to get it well done on the first try! It is not rocket science and it is a very expensive meal!
I did not make a fuss -but a mental note to myself - 'Never again!' I could only eat a small piece of it, as I was filled with wine and gas! Management however decided to eliminate the cost of the steak from the bill - a decent gesture on their part.
NOTE TO PRIME RIB - get your act together and also remove that last row of seats or automatically charge less for the less than desirable seating!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hampstead, Maryland
“Anniversary dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been to the Baltimore location before and it is very formal with superb service and food. We decided on this location because it is at Maryland Live casino. What a difference. The hostess was nowhere to be found and when she did show up she was in no hurry. Our waitress was very nice. Our table was near the window to the casino and the chairs were comfy. Very casual for a business casual dress code. Saw a few people in jeans. Very light and open interior. We tried the lobster bisque first and it was good but not a lot of lobster. We received an amuse boush of smoked trout crostini. I don't really care for fish so I won't tell u what I thought. The brought out ne freshly made rools which were crusty on outside and soft on the inside. Very tasty. Our entrees were served quickly and they were very good. Signature cut prime rib and the filet. Very tasty. My husband got the veal Demi-glaze with his which was tasty. The roasted asparagus was excellent. We were full but decided we wanted something sweet so we waffled between the 16layer chocolate cake and strawberry ice cream. Not being that hungry we went with the ice cream. Mistake on our part. The ice cream tasted like it had been in the freezer for ten years. We should have sent it back, but we were going to the casino and just wanted to go. Overall good, but no ice cream should taste like that.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Expected much better service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

For the reputation of The Prime Rib in D.C., the exorbitant price of the meat, and having to pay extra for sides, I really expected the experience to be better. A friend and I decided to have dinner at 5 pm. There wasn't anyone there, but we had to sit in the bar because we didn't have reservations. Upon leaving, I noticed empty tables! We had 2 different arrogant waiters who were seldom seen, and who gave us conflicting information about the menu. The house salad was small and pitiful, consisting of limp, brown-edged lettuce, 2 tiny tomatoes, a small piece of cucumber, and chopped egg (NOT listed on the menu…who puts egg on their house salad?) all drowning in a boring dressing. I wanted the smaller, signature prime rib, rare, but was told I could only have it medium. When it showed up, it was the size of a whole pot roast! Who would serve that to a little woman? I couldn't find either waiter for a while, and I started to wonder if they gave me the $57 cut on purpose, hoping I would pay the higher price. When I finally got a waiter, he very reluctantly told me to eat it and they would charge me for the smaller one. The other waiter came by and reluctantly said the same thing. Then the first waiter quickly whisked it away from me, to get me "what I wanted." My companion ate his entire steak in the time it took for me to get another prime rib. When it came, it was raw and cold in the center. This place is definitely NOT worth even half of the money it costs!! You'd be better off putting that same money on the blackjack table.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Maryland
“I was ill for 2 days after dining at the Prime Rib”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

A party of 10 dined at the Prime Rib at Maryland Live Casino on April 27th. We waited over an hour and a half for our dinner due to a 'back-up in the kitchen'. An hour after eating my dinner of lambchops, asparagus and a few spoons of potatoes au gratin and leaving the restauruant, I was ill ....for two days. My fiance ate a piece of the lamb chop and was ill overnight. He called the restaurant Sunday to speak with the manager but his call was not returned. I tried to post a request for a callback on the website site and received an 'error' code.
I will call the restaurant again today regarding their 'Colorado Lamb' as it was described by the server.

If you dine at the Prime Rib, beware of the Colorado Lamb.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Food below par”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

There wasn't a whole lot to complain about but I do have two items that were what I considered below par. I had a Caesar salad which I had to pick through as most of the lettuce was more brown than green. For the prices that are charged for everything this should not have been served this way. I know if I could see it clearly in the subtle light in the restaurant than they could also see it before it left the kitchen. We also got a serving of the fries cooked in duck fat. I have had these type of fries before and was really looking forward to them. The excitement soon disappeared though as they tasted like regular fast food fries, nothing special.

• 4 of 5 stars Food