“Great Buffet!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood, International, Barbecue, Asian
Temple Hills, Maryland
“Great Buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My girlfriend had a BOGO free coupon for dinner at Maryland Live's buffet. I've been reading the Maryland Live reviews so I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. (Reviewers should cut MD Live some slack, after all, it's Maryland, NOT VEGAS!)

This buffet was better maintained and the food was tasted better than the buffet in LVH when I went last May. There were actually friendly, happy people on-hand to help you and to make sure the food was stirred and that the wells were fully stocked. They had American food, a salad bar, pasta bar, an Asian bar and a dessert bar. I ate a little from all the stations except the salad bar, and aside from the brussel sprouts being a bit overcooked, the food was overall good. The greens were exceptionally delicious. The fried catfish was enjoyable and I had a chocolate silk pie that my friend had to tell me was 'sugar free' because I had no idea - it tasted like a regular pie.

Service was good. It was a late Sunday evening and slow, but the waitress came with the appropriate amount of frequency. The acoustics were good, the tables and seating were comfortable and adequately spaced. The lighting was just right--not daytime-bright and not so dark you can hardly see your food. The entire buffet set up reminded me of any other Vegas buffet and that's a good thing in my book.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“I ate like a hog!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok seriouslly,,,, I will admit it I ate WAY TOOOOO MUCH here! But the food was amazing!!! We went around 1pm and had the champagne brunch. champagne was aweful but the food made up it! Anything and everything was on that buffet! And it was very clean and the wait staff was super nice. Ready to go back just to eat, the casino part was just ok

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison Heights, Virginia
“Crab legs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Buffet very good crowded because everyone wanted crab legs, they had a good variety of food on the lines.

Visited June 2013
raleigh nc
“Nice buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a BOGO on this so thought it was a great value. Food quality was solid, and the service was excellent.

Visited July 2013
Dameron, Maryland
“Staff very friendly, efficient & food was awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My brother and I were very impressed with the staff & food here, as well as with the Casino. Thought it was a pretty extensive menu for what they served on the buffet and almost all of the items tasted great. I especially liked the catfish, sauted spinach, greens and the Asian pot stickers. Cheesecake was also very good. Plenty of food! Staff always around to answer questions or refill your beverage of choice. They really do it right at the LIVE! Buffet!! We did not try the other food restaurants located there, but they have a Cheesecake Factory, Bobby Flay's cheeseburger's & Phillip's Seafood.

• Visited June 2013