“Not Golden Corral prices, but not Golden Corral food either” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 100 restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue, Italian, Seafood, International
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Not Golden Corral prices, but not Golden Corral food either”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My second time at this buffet and I was not disappointed. I called ahead b/c I had a large party and while they told me they couldn't take reservations or hold seats, when I arrived, they had a section blocked off for me and my party and we were seated immediately. As I get older I do not like buffets at all, but I can make an exception for the Live! buffet. It is def pricey for a buffet but if you want to eat a cheap buffet, go to Golden Corral however, you get what you pay for. The most expensive time to eat at Live! buffet is on Friday and Saturday seafood nights. They offer unlimited crab legs, mahi mahi, shrimp, fried catfish, and other seafood dishes. I have to be in the mood to tussle with crab legs and since it was my birthday and I had on new clothes I declined. I did partake of the prime rib and it was like butter! Seasoned nicely, sliced and seared right in front of me. They also offer Asian and Italian cuisines. I didn't care for the General Tso's chicken but the spaghetti, meatballs, and the pizza was delicious! I also tasted the flat iron steak which was good as well. There are ribs, bbq, and a nice sized salad and dessert bar. There's also a frozen yogurt and ice cream bar with loads of fixings, but I was too stuffed to try it. The staff sings a hearty round of "Happy Birthday" to birthday girls and boys and served me a nice slice of chocolate cream pie. I'll def go back so I can try the foods I wasn't able to. Maybe I'll actually eat some crab legs next time, third time may be the charm.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Pennsylvania
“Above Average Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am normally not a buffet person, however i decided to give this buffet a try while visiting the casino. There was a large variety of great quality food. There was a little something of everything. Seafood, steak, italian, asian and tons of desserts. I was pretty impressed with the flavor of the food, especially the grilled asparagus. I will return again to this buffet.

Visited February 2013
Bloemond
“It's a buffet!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

You can never expect gourmet food at a buffet. Live buffet has a great selection of dishes and sides. I tried many little portions and some tasted better than others, but overall I would rate it average. It wasn't very busy when we went there for lunch, however the food was fresh and the service was great. The chef came by our table which was a nice touch for a buffet. Honestly, even in Las Vegas not all buffets are great!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Creepy and empty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Incredibly overpriced, this buffet had no wait when I walked by, and the food looked old and nasty. Average buffet prices are more than double what's at Golden Corral, down the street, and although the setting is a little nicer, the food certainly didn't seem as fresh.
We decided not to eat here.

Visited February 2013
massachusetts
“Lunch buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Mid afternoon at a buffet is not a good time to go. We were a little leary the food would have been sitting out too long, and it was.

Visited January 2013