“GREAT” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
New Haven, Connecticut
“GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

It was my first time at this restaurant. I have seen many commercials and this was my first opportunity to try them out.Loved the food, loved the service, loved the dance the servers performed for the customers!!!

Visited July 2014

Huntsville, Alabama
“first timer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

although not my first time at JCS (i'm from the gulf coast), it WAS my first time eating shellfish. the waitress, manager, cook, bartender...everybody who passed by, were attentive,- concerned, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable about 'trying new things'.
i really appreciated this, for 'shrimp' simply does not look like something that should be eaten by humans, and crabs are entirely too much work. Lol. However, i took it in stride and ate everythig that was put before me!
thanks Joes Workers...you made it worth it and memorable

note: i did order salmon that was kinda dry and the potatoes seemingly over cooked, but the "surprise crabs and shrimp and potatoes/corn pot" made up for it!...

Visited July 2014
“Worst experience EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went to joes and sat at the empty bar thinking we would be joked with and joke with the staff....well we were mistaken!! We were ignored and had bad service and very very very small portions in our crab buckets!! I've never been treated so poorly in my life. These girls focused more on their hair and cleaning up round them to even ask if I wanted another drink. We left there to go to bar across street for a drink that was worth what we were paying for them. Very disappointed!!! VERY!!!

Pasadena
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I never write reviews but the service was just that bad. It took 15 mins to see waitress for first time and the place wasn't busy. Couldn't get refills because the waitress was MIA. Food did come out quick and was so-so. I've had better food at other locations. The quality isn't up to Joe's standards and I will not return to this location

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Crab Daddy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am not a born & raised Marylander so I do not really find enjoyment in the blue crabs like most Marylanders do. Joes is perfect for me because you can get the crab & or lobster you want without having to pick at a whole crab!!
The food has ALWAYS been awesome!! This is not a place you will go to every month or anything but for a seafood splurge it is worth the money (in my opinion).
The staff is very nice & friendly, it's a fun environment.
My family came to visit from out of state & we brought them to Joe's, they all loved it!!
Expect to spend a reasonable amount on the steam pots, but again worth it!!