“Luch with a Smile” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Miller Place, New York
“Luch with a Smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have not been able to get into the Crab Shack in Riverhead NY due to long waiting lines so we tried this one while visiting in Maryland. The wait staff was smiling all the time an were efficent. Their suggested choice was excelent and the best crab i've had in years. Great place a little pricy but it was worth the money.

Visited October 2013

45% Recommend
baltimore
“Mixed visit, willing to retry at a later date”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have been to this restaurtant a few times and have found mixed results. This latest visit was at lunchtime on a Saturday, we were seated promptly and drink orders quickly taken and served. We ordered 2 Queen Crab Pots with different seasonings on each, they arrived correctly seassoned, but the later realization was they were not equal in serving size. One had 3 large crab clusters and the other had 2 small crab clusters. Huh? By the time we discovered this it seemed too late to talk to the manager about it. So, we left after paying the bill. The service adequate and friendly and the manager did visit out table early on, before we caught the imbalance. One observation was the food was not really hot,..just warm, at this time of day it should have been piping hot, therefore it cooled down very quickly. It was at best mediocre, we have had better from Joe's Crab Shack at this location. They were off their game this day. Since we enjoy steamed crabs, we will return and hope for better results using a raised level of awareness.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“C'mon Now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's Joe's Crab Shack so it's gotta be great. I've been to 5 Joe's and each time I haven't been disappointed. Loved the selection although the flooring at the Hunt Valley Store was treacherous.

Visited July 2013
cumbola, pa
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After viewing the commercials for Joe's Crab Shack, I was disappointed in our food. My family of 7 ordered the steampots. When they arrived at our table, after quite a wait, the seafood was in a green netting, not at all as pictured, or as I expected. I don't think it was worth the price. $200 for 5 adults and 2 children was not worth it for the amount of food we received. Will not be visiting Joe's Crab Shack again. I have attached a picture of our dinner for 2 that cost $43. Very disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“I Was Impressed...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I just had to tell everyone about my last visit here. Back in June the Greenbelt location had their Grand Opening and the promoted this by offering free crabs for a year for the first 100 people who ate there. I believe I was number 73. I live in Annapolis so the closest location is Hanover, MD. Not to go into full embarrassing detail but I was there on a first date with the cheapest man on earth. He ordered iced water then told me I could have the bucket of crabs from my coupon because he had already eaten. Needless to say when the order arrived he was ravenous. The waitress' name was "Heather", the sweetest kid you could come in contact with. She was attentive, sweet, and entertaining even though all we had ordered (a soda for me) would total about $2. When we asked for the bill Heather informed us that there was no charge. My cheap date was about to get up and start dancing when he heard that. I thanked Heather repeatedly for being so kind but my date just got up to leave - without leaving a tip! I tipped Heather myself and later wrote a letter of compliment to the corporate office. And if you're wondering, yes I dumped the jerk when he drove me back to my vehicle. His vehicle? A 2013 Audi!

• Visited October 2013