“Won't make you forget Las Vegas” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Casinos
Attraction Details
Arlington, Virginia
102 attraction reviews
“Won't make you forget Las Vegas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Maryland Live is little more than a slots hall with pricey table games. The casino is in a bland cement building. It's nicer on the inside, but completely lacks character or style. There are an unbelievable number of slot machines, so if that's your thing, you'll have lots of options. There are a few video poker machines with lousy payouts, and they are right by an exit where people go to smoke, so it reeks in this area.

There are table games, but the minimums are $25-$50 at every table (except for one, odd chipless blackjack table with continuous shuffling). This was Tuesday night; minimums are probably higher on weekends. Surprisingly, people still filled the tables. Seems to me that if you can afford to play at $25+ per hand, you can afford to patronize a nicer casino than this.

Aside from the slots and table games, there's not much here. A couple of restaurants (Bobby Flay Burger Palace, Cheesecake Factory, Noodles, a Steakhouse and a buffet), a bar area and did I mention how many slots machines there are?

It's mercifully non-smoking, but I can't give much credit for following the law. Parking is also free and ample.

Save your gambling money for a trip to the Strip. Your bankroll will last longer, you'll eat better and you'll have more fun.

New JErsey
“Its okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This property opened up over a year ago and since then have added table games was well. There are high table game minimums $25-$50 for blackjack and craps, baccart was $100 min when I was there on a Tuesday afternoon at 12:30 (only imagine what its like on a weekend). After seeing those minimum wagers I refused to play tables and focused on the slots- lost $50. Food selection is okay they have a buffet and an asian place prices are reasonable. There is no free beer or liquor even when gambling you have to pay for it, no smoking, no hotel for free rooms, nightlife is limited, no banquet or convention space. This is just a building with a casino.

I must say though that the level of gambling going on here is crazy. People dropping money like it was water- there was no shortage of players willing to play.

Glen Burnie, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
“Great casino - Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

It may no be Vegas, but when you pull up and the lights and walk through the front door you feel like you are in Vegas. Huge place - great food and the live music venue just adds to fun.

Visited March 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Low Class Players - High Minimums”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Casino has new feel to it and is smoke free. Cheesecake factory and few other upper end restaurants onsite. Those are the positives.

The players are very low class gamblers. I have been there 3 times on 3 different nights. Because of the high minimum 25/50 BJ and 50 crap tables, the play at the tables is very tense and unfriendly. Most of the players are low income/blue collar types who are gambling away their savings/paychecks. Players are swearing, angry, and get up and leave tables in between hands and come back more angry. I witness very poor people losing several thousand in a few minutes. Obviously this place business model is to make 100's of millions of the residence of PG County and bmore until the casinos open in bmore and national harbor. After that, this place will be a ghost town.

They require you to bet the minimum on almost all betting options in craps, so the player could have a 150 riding on throw in craps with normal play. The BJ tables use in game shuffler which gives the house even more advantage.

Visited May 2013
Odenton, Maryland
“A 1 only because there are no negatives”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After my wife and I ate dinner at Bobby's Burger Place (nothing special for the price) we exited the restaurant with our bottled water and headed for the casino. No signs indicating we could not take the water. One employee walked up and indicated I could not take the water in nor could I drink it in the lobby. I returned to the restaurant and finished my water, my wife threw hers away. When we attempted to go to the casino floor another employee refused me entry saying I had been told 3 times (I was told once at which time I did as described above.). They offered to let my wife in but not me. We noticed not too many Caucasians on the floor. We are an interracial couple. Not sure what their issue was, but I will spend my money ANYWHERE other than there.