“Great casino - Beautiful”
Review of Maryland Live Casino

80 visitor photos

There are newer reviews for Maryland Live Casino
Glen Burnie, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Great casino - Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

It may no be Vegas, but when you pull up and the lights and walk through the front door you feel like you are in Vegas. Huge place - great food and the live music venue just adds to fun.

Visited March 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Low Class Players - High Minimums”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Casino has new feel to it and is smoke free. Cheesecake factory and few other upper end restaurants onsite. Those are the positives.

The players are very low class gamblers. I have been there 3 times on 3 different nights. Because of the high minimum 25/50 BJ and 50 crap tables, the play at the tables is very tense and unfriendly. Most of the players are low income/blue collar types who are gambling away their savings/paychecks. Players are swearing, angry, and get up and leave tables in between hands and come back more angry. I witness very poor people losing several thousand in a few minutes. Obviously this place business model is to make 100's of millions of the residence of PG County and bmore until the casinos open in bmore and national harbor. After that, this place will be a ghost town.

They require you to bet the minimum on almost all betting options in craps, so the player could have a 150 riding on throw in craps with normal play. The BJ tables use in game shuffler which gives the house even more advantage.

Visited May 2013
Odenton, Maryland
“A 1 only because there are no negatives”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After my wife and I ate dinner at Bobby's Burger Place (nothing special for the price) we exited the restaurant with our bottled water and headed for the casino. No signs indicating we could not take the water. One employee walked up and indicated I could not take the water in nor could I drink it in the lobby. I returned to the restaurant and finished my water, my wife threw hers away. When we attempted to go to the casino floor another employee refused me entry saying I had been told 3 times (I was told once at which time I did as described above.). They offered to let my wife in but not me. We noticed not too many Caucasians on the floor. We are an interracial couple. Not sure what their issue was, but I will spend my money ANYWHERE other than there.

Visited June 2013
“Loveit:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Finally I got to experience n see this place, n its not bad at all. So yesterday I had time I invited my friend to come with and we went. I intended to check every little thing. *Garage is adjacent to the building u don't have to park across the street and there's plenty of space.
* Big and well maintain inside nice neath clean bathroom.
*Staffs feels u welcome from the securities n hostess.
*plenty of restaurants to choose but unfortunetly I didn't get a chance to try them
*a lot of slots machines to choose
*I notice most table games are empty n only the dealers are seating no players I guest its expensive or high to play but I don't give a **** I don't like table games anyways.
*I lost $45 playing slots in two hrs but hey it was a good experience, not I know how everything is there. I don't have to worry about to all this negative comments from this site and from WV..I love the place and I can't wait for the poker room to open on summer! I will definitely come back again:)

Visited May 2013
D.C.
7 attraction reviews
“Very Nice And Very Convenient Casino!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had very low expectations for my first visit to Maryland Live! While I enjoy Las Vegas and Atlantic City casinos, the I-95 corridor casinos that I have visited in the past have been, well, pretty trashy and left me with a "dirty" feeling that I had just taken part in something other than just gambling (like taking money from people who truly could not afford to lose it).

The lack of smoking inside the casino is a BIG plus in my book. Additionally, they have recently added table games, so it truly is a Vegas-style casino now.

Once curious thing - you cannot access any of the three main dining venues (Prime Rib, Bobby Flay or Cheesecake Factory) directly from the casino floor. You must exit out the "gate" (really just a four foot glass partition) and enter the restaurants. However, you can access the Buffet, Phillips and Noodles directly from the floor. Very strange!

Overall a very nice casino that is the most convenient to Washington, D.C. - until MGM builds their resort at National Harbor, that is!

Visited April 2013