“Fun afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Lithia Springs, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“Fun afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visited casino for a few hours during our visit to Washington DC. It is only about an hour from DC and was a nice diversion for the afternoon. We didn't win, but we had fun and that is the name of the game. I did not see any slots that were out of order and that is unusual for any casino. Smoke-free was nice. No drinks were served at the slots while we were there. There was a good variety of slot machines - both money amounts and games to be played.

Virginia, USA
4 attraction reviews
“First time visit, CRAZY $50-$100 table limits on Wednesday! 10X odds/S17 nice though”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

So, living in northern VA near Tysons Corner, I am equal distance between Hollywood Casino in Charlestown WV and Maryland Live!, but I had never visited this casino until now (I'm a table player), so I decided to give it a shot since the tables opened last week and they are smoke-free.

All I can say is WOW. I thought by going on a weeknight I'd be spared the high crazy limits. Man was I WRONG! I saw 6 craps tables open, all in operation, and 3 were $100 min and 3 were $50 min! (All offering 10X odds which is good, compared to 2X odds of WV) The Blackjack tables were all $100, $50, and i found 2 that were $25. The MD rules are, Stands on all 17s, can split up to 3 hands, 8 Decks, machine shuffled, and it looks like they are cutting off about 1.5/2 decks.

I reluctantly sat down at the $25 Blackjack table since I drove an hour and proceeded to lose about $150 in about 15-20 minutes, which was expected. (I usually play at the $10 and $15 tables) After that, I got up and immediately walked to my car.

It's a nice place, but I'll come back in a year when things have died down. I think I will continue going to the Borgata/Revel in AC until then.

Visited April 2013
MarylandLive, Manager at Maryland Live Casino, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your experience here. The limits on our tables fluctuate depending on the time of day, and day of the week, and over time will adjust to meet the needs of our guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to provide your comments.
BOWIE MD
“IT smaller than what I thought it would be but fun place nice resturant need more fresh seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It's beautiful atmosphere, fun place, needs more fresh seafood on their buffet. I had the buffet but all of the food was not fresh. I was disappointed, Maryland should have fresh seafood not frozen and than thwart out. I just think for the money your spending they should accomodate a better quality of food especially seafood

Visited April 2013
We're glad to hear you had a good time with us, and thank you for your comment about the atmosphere in here. We work hark to make sure you enjoy your experience and take your comments seriously in accomplishing that goal. We are passing your comments along to our Live! Buffet team so that we can improve your experience next time you come.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Good Casino, Cannot wait until hype dies down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel brought vegas/Atlantic city to Maryland. I loved it. I cannot wait maybe for another few months when the hype dies down so I can get a chance to play the table games. It was so crowed. I had fun playing the slots and chatting with people. Give it a chance and may the odds be forever in your favor.

Visited April 2013
Kamilah - Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to bring over 4,000 slots and over 120 table games to Maryland. We hope to see you join us again soon!
Durham, North Carolina
“Table Games for the Top 1%”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I play table games (blackjack & craps) and visit Atlantic City 10-12 times a year. When I heard that Maryland Live was offering these games, I decided to give them a try, instead of making the longer trip to Atlantic City. I arrived last Sunday morning at 10:45 a.m., and, as one would expect at that hour, found the casino practically empty. There were few customers and only a tiny fraction of their many tables were operating. I noticed two craps tables open, and, to my amazement, they each had a minimum bet requirement of FIFTY DOLLARS. Was this Maryland or Monte Carlo?? Blackjack minimums were $25. This was a quiet Sunday morning. I can only guess what these minimums must be at night or when they get busy.

I took a stroll around the casino, grabbed a bite to eat at Phillips', and left without betting a dime. I then drove to Atlantic City, played for several hours at a more affordable casino, and received free drinks and a comp room for that night.