“Great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Hanover
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was a fun time! the food was excellent and i won over 250 big ones! it was also some nice women in the building as well

KING WILLIAM
“"Exciting Place to Visit"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spent two days at Maryland Live Casino with my friends and we had a blasted. It was my first time seeing the electronic version of the card tables verses the normal card tables. I spent most of my time playing "Sex in the City" slot machine and showing one of my friends how to play, due to it was her first time at a casino.The only down fall is parking and 4 sets of elevators on one side that work while the other set were being worked on. Plus the games don't take dollar bills only five's, ten's, twentys and ect, you have to put five dollars in the game inorder for the slot games to begin.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Exciting atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Never been to a casino but I've always heard about the free drinks... I guess thats only in Vegas. I'm not sure I care for the digital slots but they seriously have every inch covered in some kind of digital game.
Cheesecake Factory is attached always good food with a free heart attack, Bobby Flays good overpriced burgers especially for a casino. I'd think they would offer a better restaurant and I hear Prime Rib is opening soon!

Gambrills, Maryland
30 attraction reviews
“Give The Place A Chance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My lady friend and I have gone to Maryland live at least 5 times over the last two months. Even though the casino does not currently have normal table games, the electronic versions are pretty generous. Let me explain.

For Blackjack, they allow surrender. So, if you have been dealt a hand totaling 15 or 16, with the dealer's up card showing an Ace or a Ten (Picture card or ten), you can surrender and retrieve half of your bet. This can improve your winnings over time. Most casinos don't allow surrender.

For Craps, they have somewhat better payouts on the side bets like the field bets for example, this can also improve your winnings over time.

Make no mistake. It's still a casino and the odds ALWAYS favor the house, but they tend to be a little more generous.

What about the slots? Well, I now tend to stay away from the standard, dollar denominated 3 window slots that seem to be pretty tight. The other ones are expensive, with high minimum bets, but seem to be a bit looser. Notice that I said "seem to be."

The environment is clean, smoke free and the choice of restaurants is very good.

All in all, I can recommend it with a very good rating.

Herndon, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
“OK but Not Even Close to Vegas or Atlantic City!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent an afternoon here. This casino has been referred to by competitors as "slots in a shed" and although clean it is lacking in character and doesn't do much to keep one playing in the game. The place was it appeared to be an example of the House making a fast buck as fast as it could. There are no live table games and those in my party who like playing even with an avatar were disappointed...the ,minimum table bet limit was $15 - clearly aimed at a more affluent player coming out of Annapolis rather than casual players looking for fun or learning to play.. As for the slots - they were among the tightest I've encountered anywhere from river boat casinos in Buenos Aires and St. Louis to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City to the Strip in Vegas to West Virginia's Hollywood Casino in Charles Town. What was rather irritating was that all of the penny slot (1 cent) machines that I encountered actually only allowed one to make a minimum 25 or 50 cent bet. Drinks were not free - in this case Maryland is not "The Free State" and this is true of all Maryland casinos. The buffet was excellent - better than average - but the hamburger snack bar was merely ok and was cafeteria style for ordering. The no smoking policy was liked by some, but as I enjoy a cigar while gambling I was disappointed. As I am not the real gambler in the family and like to take a break - and was just coming out of back surgery - the total lack of places to sit and relax - read with a drink, etc. was enough to possibly deter me from returning. Signage and directions in the casino were confusing and it appeared that little thought was given to the mobility impaired. Not as good as West Virginia and can't compare to Las Vegas or Atlantic City.

Visited October 2012