“Reliable Residence Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Falmouth, MA
“Reliable Residence Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When traveling by car, we like to stay in a Residence Inn. Having a kitchen and a free breakfast is convenient and the suite allows me to stay up late and read or watch a movie without disturbing my wife. Check in was easy and our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
tad s, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are pleased that you prefer Residence Inn as your "home away from home"! Thank you for staying with us and come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was an unexpected stay but I am so happy we made the decision to stay here!! The staff was very pleasant and appeared to enjoy working here. They were in a playful mood (even thought we checked in around 9:30 pm). Check-in was a breeze. The room...amazing!! The room was very inviting and felt like I was at home. It was ample space yet warm & cozy. I love the wall decor. There was a full kitchen (not kitchenette). And I could not believe the fireplace...very romantic!! Unfortunately it was around 70 degrees so my boyfriend made me turn it off, lol, but still very nice feature to have. They had a nice variety in the "market" and the free breakfast was awesome! I love belgian waffles and I got to make my own. Their breakfast menu could accommodate any traveler and I really appreciated that. The cleaning staff were pleasant and I hated to leave this hotel. I plan to visit the area again this weekend & guess where I'm staying...yes, here!!! :) AND it's right near a mall & Maryland Live Casino!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
tad s, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Our team appreciated your comments about our "playfulness". FUN is a huge element of our culture and we are always glad to include our guests! We look forward to inviting you back-
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Was in Baltimore to pick up my daughter returning from Afghanistan deployment. 2 bedroom suite was perfect for sleeping, and for hosting the many visitors that came during the 2 night stay. They were renovating the lobby and refurbishing the carpet on several floors. The staff was very accomidatin (especially Sharon D at the front desk...Thank you Sharon!) Location was great (near the airport and Mall ...great for my Daughter who had 6 months of pent up shopping to do!) Breakfast was good too.
Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tad s, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for such a wonderful occasion as welcoming your daughter home! We are so happy that we were able to provide a home away from home for you, your family and friends. Come see us again (after the renovation is completed!)!
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked through a bidding site, got an awesome rate. The hotel and room was very clean and modern. Well equiped kitchenette, eating area and sitting/tv area. Staff was friendly, breakfast was above average for free. I think next time we travel with our kids the Residence will be our preference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tad s, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Glad you had the opportunity to give Residence Inn a try! You've been Residized! Looking forward to welcoming you back-
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although we stayed here one night I will definitely return. Front desk staff was very friendly, and helpful upon check-in. Also suggested the social hour which I would never known about. When I came down later for ice I was helped by filling my entire ice bucket for my fridge. I liked the overall down-home feeling as well as it's convenience to the Mall,movie theater, restaurants, etc. Found it to be quiet as well. Not sure about the other reviews, but I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tad s, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Our entire team thanks you for your kind words! We look forward to your next visit!
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Second time at this hotel. First was in November and was fine. Second was in December. Front desk staff was not helpful. We didn't get our wakeup call and the response from the front desk was your room phone must be broken. REALLY that's all. We stayed there due to an early hockey game with my son. Fortunately my phone alarm went off. We choose Marriott due to their quality and professionalism. This did not seem like Marriott staff.

Room Tip: Just a message to management, train your front desk staff on hospitality and how to handle guest iss...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tad s, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We are sorry that you had a service failure while visiting our hotel and hope that you will return.
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I have always stayed at Marriott hotels when we travel. We have never had such a horrible experience. Starting from the moment we checked in it was nothing but trouble. I suggest nobody even considers this Residence Inn the next time you're in the Baltimore area, there are plenty of hotels with staff whom are actually interested in customer service and hospitality.

We were going to Baltimore for the funeral of my mother's father, a veteran and retired police captain from the b&o.

My father reserved 2 rooms, one double and one single, and chose this hotel because of our loyalty to Marriott and because they offered a pet friendly environment. When checking in we asked to adjust our reservations if possible to a second double room, we were told that's impossible. They told us they had 2 doubles left, but they needed those in case someone came in to books them. It was 9 pm, we wanted to pay the extra cost for the room. My sister had to pose the question "so If I walk outside, change my name, and walk in to book a double room, you will give it to me?" The desk attendant replied that yes they would. So she did just that, and got the room....what the heck?!?

The stay after that was ok, the rooms were clean and nice. The decor is a little strange and disorganized, mismatched and seemed as though they were chosen for the colors instead of theme. The breakfast was nice, but the dining area was a little brisk near the windows. Not much you can do about that when it's so cold.

The second evening of our 4 day stay my girlfriend, sister, and myself were all rather cold and went down to the front desk to ask for an extra blanket, the man at the counter cracked what may have been a sarcastic "No!" Then proceeded to walk into the back. After it seemed the guy just walked in the back and stood there for a second and walked back out he said "It seems I am out of blankets, sorry." Ok whatever, not a big deal, just crank the heat a little and I gave my sister the thing fleece blanket they had for the pullout.

We went to the wake and the next day the funeral, and when we would leave we put our small, quiet, friendly mini-schnauzer into a crate. She is potty trained, and has the sweetest disposition, so there were never any accidents or any damaged to anything in the room. We placed the card on the door so that housekeeping didnt need to be bothered by our little pup. Everything seemed ok.

On Thursday morning we were leaving and packing out our cars.

As my mother walked out of the lobby, carrying her deceased father's folded memorial flag ( the one which layer upon his casket), she was stopped by a blonde lady whom was working the counter. In one of the most rude gestures she stopped my mother and proceeded to explain that they didn't know we had a dog (even though we would walk through the lobby with her to take her out, we walked in with her at check in, and we checked the box in our online reservation that we had a dog) and because we had a dog they should have charged us an ADDITIONAL $100/day, but mentioned that because we were there for bereavement they would "let it slide". She continued to give my mother an attitude that "you better not have left any poop bags or accidents on the floor, because then there would be an issue" we spent nearly $1500 for a 3 night stay.

Why even mention anything? Especially to the woman whom lost her father, and you know that she has.

We would have been less offended had you spit in her eye.

I have worked in customer service for over a decade, I am currently a manager of a high end catering business in Connecticut, and my sister is a manager of a restaurant in Pittsburgh. I have never seen a hotel treat their patrons with such rude behavior.

NEVER again will we stay at the Arundell Mills Residence Inn, and this will sway our decision to stay at Marriott hotels in the future.

Mr. Marriott would have been ashamed. They are a disgrace to an otherwise stellar company.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel, rude and unhelpful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.

Been to Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!