“Maybe I'm too picky” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Dublin, Ohio
“Maybe I'm too picky”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm a silver Marriott frequent guest, platinum Hyatt and Gold Hilton. We had just come from a lovely stay at the Hyatt Regency Resort in Cambridge. I didn't expect this Residence in to be of the same quality, but by reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I expected much more than I received. Check-in went fine, the location is close to the airport and right inside the mall area.
Easy access on and off Rt. 100 so it is a good location to visit other areas. The new casino "Live" just opened up and is right around the corner. We did go there and enjoyed the poker slots and the whole atmosphere. But getting back to the hotel. When we entered our room, it smelled terrible as the A/C was not on. The rooms were redone in 2009, well, sort of. I always try and stay in newer hotels, but thought since the rooms were not that old, it would be nice. The couch was stained and sagging and we would not sit on it without a sheet. The kitchen had old, stained appliances and were not clean. People said you could not hear the planes in the rooms, but we did hear them. Fortunately, they were not overnight. Breakfast was so-so and the waffle maker was the best thing there. Also, checkout was at 12:00 and the front desk clerk wouldn't give us even 10 extra minutes to checkout. We are suppose to get an hour extra, but she denied us...said the hotel was booked that night. I went on line after she said that and funny, they were still selling rooms. The best part of the hotel is the outside pool, hot tub and firepit. They are modern and nice. I used the fitness room and it has LifeFitness equipment with individual TV's , but you have to bring your own headset and it wasn't too clean. I guess I expected more from this hotel after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor. I've stayed in a lot of other Residence Inn's and this was close to the bottom of all my stays. I used points for my two night stay, but the AAA rate was $199. I would NOT have paid that and would have left once I went up to the room if I was paying. I guess people think this hotel is a good value during the week when it includes the light dinner. I was there on the weekend, so I was looking at the value for the room and limited breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gambrills,Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I enjoy The Residence Inn @ Arundel Mills Mall...I stay there everytime that Iam in transition. The rooms are like "Home"...Full Breakfast every morning....Mon-Thurs Social Hour/Dinner with a selection of drinks! Free Laundry and Laundry detergent. Pets can stay if you want. Walking distance to whatever store that you can imagine.....a Billiard area, TV area, Indoor/Outdoor fireplace, Pool and Basketball Court. I don't know whose at the Front Desk anymore, but I've had a favorite since I started staying there..Hi "Vincent"...He was so accommodating and attentive to whatever my needs were. "Thumbs Up" LBC

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade after you arrive. But, all of the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Very nice mini apartment. Staff generally pleasant at least by standards of this area. I would give more stars had they cleaned my room the first day or restocked the toilet tissue the third day. Very convenient to Anne Arundal mall if you want to kill some time. The breakfast and light dinners were enough to keep you going.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Oahu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed here twice and the most recent stay was for 70 nights. Room was clean and spacious. However, the front-desk staff tended to have low professionalism when dealing with guests. Hotel shuttle was unreliable. I flew from tropical State to BWI on the rainy day with temperature dropped to 54 degree and I needed to go to the Mall to buy a rain coat. I waited for one hour for the shuttle to pick me up from the Mall in the chilly rain. I learned from the maintenance crew who picked me up that he was told to pick me up five minutes ago. After I complained to the front desk staff, the answer was that I shouldn't have to wait outside; no apologies what so ever. I checked out after 70-day stay and found that I left laptop power cable in the room. I called the next day and the front-desk girl named "Halei" promised to mail it out ASAP and charge will be made to my credit card on file. Guess what! I called six days later and "Vincent" said the cable was at the counter with my home phone number on it, and he could not use my credit card number on file once I checked out. I am still waiting for my laptop cable as I am writing (on my home computer) because "Vincent" "is looking into it"

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was really just an average residence inn. If you are coming from the rental car facility at BWI, you can come directly down Ridge Road and don't have to get on any highways. The hotel has a shuttle but I think it would be hard to be here and not have a car.
We were on the 4th floor and got a call we were stomping. We were at breakfast and just then got back to the room as the phone was ringing, so it wasn't us. Maybe the ceiling insulation is not very good?
I thought the breakfast was ok but the coffee was really bad.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wahington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

For the 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, 3 televisions, 2 meals on Mon-Thurs, how could you NOT stay here? This place is an absolute dream for travelers. Pets are allowed, with a pet fee that covers your entire stay, laundry machines are FREE, detergent and dryer sheets are FREE. Breakfast every single morning was absolutely amazing, even for those of us who cannot have sugar in the morning :) On Monday-Thursday, don't even plan on coming up with something for supper..they have that covered too, right down to DuClaw's beer on tap! If you choose any other hotel, you've completely lost your mind because although you may pay a bit more here, all the things you DON'T have to pay for make it a huge bargain.

Room Tip: Take any room at all...ANY of them.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I really enjoy staying at Residence Inns when I travel because of the full kitchen and room to spread out a bit. Some are better than others. This one had everything I needed. First, they provide a free shuttle from BWI which saved money and time. Second, they are 1/4 mile (tops) from the Arundel Mills Mall (a huge mall) which gave me a place to shop, go to the movies, and eat. Third, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Fourth, they had a separate sitting area in the foyer to just relax in. Fifth, they had a full breakfast complete with a healthy option of turkey Canadian bacon, Sixth, they had the other Residence Inn usuals gym, pool, hot tub, laundry, etc. Seventh, they had a pool table. No one has a pool table! They also had an indoor/outdoor fireplace with seating to warm up and just relax. I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!