“Poor Front-Desk Service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Oahu, Hawaii
“Poor Front-Desk Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed here twice and the most recent stay was for 70 nights. Room was clean and spacious. However, the front-desk staff tended to have low professionalism when dealing with guests. Hotel shuttle was unreliable. I flew from tropical State to BWI on the rainy day with temperature dropped to 54 degree and I needed to go to the Mall to buy a rain coat. I waited for one hour for the shuttle to pick me up from the Mall in the chilly rain. I learned from the maintenance crew who picked me up that he was told to pick me up five minutes ago. After I complained to the front desk staff, the answer was that I shouldn't have to wait outside; no apologies what so ever. I checked out after 70-day stay and found that I left laptop power cable in the room. I called the next day and the front-desk girl named "Halei" promised to mail it out ASAP and charge will be made to my credit card on file. Guess what! I called six days later and "Vincent" said the cable was at the counter with my home phone number on it, and he could not use my credit card number on file once I checked out. I am still waiting for my laptop cable as I am writing (on my home computer) because "Vincent" "is looking into it"

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was really just an average residence inn. If you are coming from the rental car facility at BWI, you can come directly down Ridge Road and don't have to get on any highways. The hotel has a shuttle but I think it would be hard to be here and not have a car.
We were on the 4th floor and got a call we were stomping. We were at breakfast and just then got back to the room as the phone was ringing, so it wasn't us. Maybe the ceiling insulation is not very good?
I thought the breakfast was ok but the coffee was really bad.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wahington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

For the 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, 3 televisions, 2 meals on Mon-Thurs, how could you NOT stay here? This place is an absolute dream for travelers. Pets are allowed, with a pet fee that covers your entire stay, laundry machines are FREE, detergent and dryer sheets are FREE. Breakfast every single morning was absolutely amazing, even for those of us who cannot have sugar in the morning :) On Monday-Thursday, don't even plan on coming up with something for supper..they have that covered too, right down to DuClaw's beer on tap! If you choose any other hotel, you've completely lost your mind because although you may pay a bit more here, all the things you DON'T have to pay for make it a huge bargain.

Room Tip: Take any room at all...ANY of them.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I really enjoy staying at Residence Inns when I travel because of the full kitchen and room to spread out a bit. Some are better than others. This one had everything I needed. First, they provide a free shuttle from BWI which saved money and time. Second, they are 1/4 mile (tops) from the Arundel Mills Mall (a huge mall) which gave me a place to shop, go to the movies, and eat. Third, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Fourth, they had a separate sitting area in the foyer to just relax in. Fifth, they had a full breakfast complete with a healthy option of turkey Canadian bacon, Sixth, they had the other Residence Inn usuals gym, pool, hot tub, laundry, etc. Seventh, they had a pool table. No one has a pool table! They also had an indoor/outdoor fireplace with seating to warm up and just relax. I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cheltenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The residence has some quite nice mini suites available, that offer separate room/living areas. I liked not having to sit on the bed to watch TV/snack and liked the chaise longue in the living room. The kitchen has full size fridge, 2 hobs, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster and microwave.
There are also laundry facilities provided FoC, which is really nice of them.
+ a happy hour in the evenings

Depending on where your room is it can get quite noisy from the nearby highway and airport. Triple glazing?

Great thing being so close to the mall, can spend hours there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My wife & I stayed with the folks at Residence Inn for 11 days in mid-August. The hotel room was clean and neat and the kitchen was outfitted with everything you'd expect. The gym, hot tub and pool were very relaxing. But the best part was the hotel staff....they were very nice and incredibly accommodating. I worked an early morning shift each weekday and the reception made fresh coffee for me. They treated us like we were the only people in the hotel. An added benefit is that the shopping mall and movie theater is right next door...and it is within minutes of BWI airport. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 2nd floor to avoid any noise and it was quite pleasant
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Glen Burnie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed there last night because of not having an electric at the house. A normal Residence Inn if you have stayed there before. Only two complaints. The floors and walls seem very thin. You can hear every door close and every step above you. So when going, ask for a top floor. Also, the room description says a king bed. There is no way in this world that it was a king bed. We have a king bed at home and we do not touch. On this bed, we had to snuggle just to make it through the night. I am thinking it was a queen or even a double. Breakfast was good in the morning and the pool looked nice.
We did not swim in all. All and all a good hotel with a small bed for $199 at the AAA rate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!