“Very Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Suffolk, Virginia
“Very Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I stayed here for 3 days with 5 family members. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous. I was really surprised that I was chosen as the "Guest of the Day" and received a free in room movie and credit in the Suite shop. It took about 20 minutes to get to our destinations in the city but it didn't seem that long b/c the traffic wasn't bad while we were there. There are lots of restaurants nearby (mostly chains like McD's,Golden Corral, Panera Bread,etc), Arundel Mills Mall, and a Walmart a short distance away.

We had one suite on the 3rd floor and the room was very clean, smelled fresh and the beds were comfortable (2 queens and a sofa bed). The suite was roomy and easily accommodated the six of us. There aren't any dividers between the sleeping and living areas so everyone will be together in one space. I mentioned that b/c some families/groups of friends may want to get two rooms...I know I will next time b/c some of my family members were getting on my nerves and I had nowhere to escape-but that's not the hotel's fault. Breakfast included muffins/pastries, bagels, biscuits, cereal/instant oatmeal, fruit with the hot items like sausage & omelets changing daily. Coffee is available 24hr/day in the lobby and I enjoyed a cup each evening. There are soda machines but I didn't see any snack machines so you may want to pack your own snacks or take advantage of the Walmart because the items in the Suite shop are expensive.

LIKED: staff, location, cleanliness, comfortable beds, price & free parking, decor
DISLIKED: nothing

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montgomery Village, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

This hotel is adequate for lodging, but has some flaws. The entry door stuck so that I initially wondered if my card was not working. The air conditioning was noisy especially when it cycled on-and-off and the fan could not be run constantly to lessen the sound variation. These were minor but for $178 per night in the suburbs, you expect a bit more consistency. Plus was breakfast was continental+ and the staff (including maintenance) were very friendly and helpful. Given work was paying, I'd stay again. But I'd expect a bit more if it was my dime/euro/won/yen/peso.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Just came back from our 3 days visit in the area. We had 2 rooms. The hotel is just perfect, service is perfect and all together its hard to think about better accomodation for our family.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
West Burke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

We stayed at this facility last spring and chose it again for location. We were traveling south to Norfolk, VA, and needed a nice, clean room for the night and wanted to stay near the Bass Pro Shops at Arundel Mills. Frankly, we feel that all of the lodgings in this area are overpriced, it isn't just the Hampton Inn. Such is life! If we hadn't wanted to go to Bass Pro Shops the next morning, we would have continued south to a less expensive area.

Anyway, we stayed there for the location and because we were happy with our last visit. I called about 30 minutes prior to our arrival and they met the lowest price I had been quoted of the adjacent facilities. I didn't tell them this, I gave them the option of several memberships I had and I was happy they gave me the price they did. It was equal to the lowest I had gotten so far. When we arrived, I was upgraded to a nicer room which I also appreciated.

Our room seemed to be recently upgraded and was very clean. We had an impressive "kitchenette" area, a couch, HDtv, a king bed, and a nice bathroom area. My single complaint - NO WIRELESS INTERNET IN THE ROOM!!! I had to go down to the lobby area for that. Shame on this facility!! My local mom and pop motel have WIFI in Vermont. To me, not having WIFI in the guestrooms is unacceptable and the description in my AAA book led me to think it would. The Hampton Inn needs to correct this asap.

Unfortunately, we were on the road side of the hotel so we experienced road noise during the night. However, that is a necessary evil of staying in motel rooms. We went down for breakfast the next morning and it was standard Hampton Inn fare. I like the "Robust" coffee!. The breakfast/common area is really beautiful and spotless clean.

We cringe at the price, but we are confident that staying at this facility we will get a clean comfortable room.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Our family recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites for 13 days and we had a wonderful experience. All of the hotel staff was very professional, friendly, and extremely helpful. The front desk staff: Michele, Myra, Amanda, and Landay were helpful and went out of their way to assist us with information and services. Also, the Assistant General Manager, Melissa effectively resolved our booking issue. The breakfast selection was great and varied throughout the week. During our stay the hotel organized fun social activities. The hotel is very convenient to a large Outlet Mall, grocery store, movie theater, service stations and restaurants. The hotel rooms were very clean and spacious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and we look forward to another visit.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, Great Staff, Free Internet Services, Washer and Dryer Avail. Free
  • Disliked — No wifi in the hotel rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rutland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

This was the second time we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Arundel Mills. It was our first stop of three on our way to Orlando. Check in was easy, the staff was friendly and helpful and our stay nice and quiet. We opted to eat at the local Golden Corral, which was just down the circle, the food was good and plentiful. Later into the evening we decided to walk to the mall across the street. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful with a variety of pastries, muffins, cereals and much more. Several offerings of coffee were available and needed for the continued trip down the East Coast. This Hampton doesn’t disappoint. I would recommend a stay here for one night or more.

• Liked — Comfotable beds. Quiet.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We stayed at this hotel while driving from Washington to Philadelphia. We came upon it accidentally, but it was a great place to stay. It would have been nice if we had time to go to the mall there, but we did not. It is a little odd how you have to drive through the mall parking lot to get there, but it is worth it. Lots of restaurants around, and plenty of shopping. Nice suburban area. Very good breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore? Share your experiences!