“This hotel is love!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Chesterfield, Virginia
“This hotel is love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hampton Inn/Hilton hotels are one of the few chains I select just based on the brand b/c of my great lodging history with them. This hotel was no different. I stayed here for two nights because I was celebrating my 35th birthday at Maryland Live! Casino. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the price was great for my cheap self ;) The hotel decor, from the lobby to the hallways to the bedrooms was just so nice. I traveled with approx. 15 other people and EVERY room that was rented was immaculate. The housekeeping staff took a very long time to clean rooms in the mornings but I can understand why. There wasn't a crumb, piece of dust, or hair to be found in our rooms, they were THAT clean. I was impressed. There's included Wi-Fi and each morning we had a decent hot breakfast. There were assorted cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries/donuts/bagels along with a belgian waffle maker and other hot foods such as maple sausage slices, pre-made omelets and biscuits with sausage gravy. I call it decent b/c I typically eat a pretty normal breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, grits) and they offered more unconventional items. But trust me I didn't starve. But what really impressed me about this hotel was the 24 hour shuttle service. It was superb! The casino is only across the mall parking lot and we could have easily walked, but it was extremely cold that weekend and even snowed off and on. All we did was call downstairs and request the shuttle; the front desk attendant then dispatched the driver and he informed us how long he would be (I never waited for the shuttle more than 10 minutes). The driver gave us a card when we got to the casino & told us to call when we were ready to be picked up. Over the weekend that shuttle took us to the mall, back & forth to the casino (once he picked me up @ 1am to go gamble), the liquor store, the bank and WalMart. The staff was so courteous and professional they truly helped make my birthday comfortable, convenient and fun. All of this for $89 bucks a night (We paid $80 b/c we prepaid in advance). I will be going back to the casino and I def will be staying at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Raelynn S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
RaveyBaby,

Thank You choosing our Hotel while traveling to the Arundel Mills Mall. I hope you were able to enjoy your Birthday. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Hotel and the accomidations in the area. I hope to see you next time you visit the Arundel Mill area.

Management

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton Inn at the end of February - this is by far one of the best Hamptons I've stayed in recently and I am so glad to have found this as this will quickly become my "go-to" in the BWI area. I took the MARC train from DC-Union Station to BWI and called when we were about 10 minutes out and was asked to call back when I actually arrived to the BWI station in case we were delayed. Made sense - we weren't delayed but I called again once I was off the train and the shuttle driver was there in 10-15 minutes. This driver was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area - seriously one of the most pleasant (and professional) shuttle drivers I've encountered in the area. My check-in was smooth and easy and this property has a managers reception with light dinner options so I was informed of that as well upon check in. My room was in line with the newly decorated/renovated Hampton decor and was clean and fresh - very typical Hampton Inn. My TV needed to be reset (digital channels weren't working) and someone was promptly sent up - the "repair guy" recognized that I was a female traveling alone and made every effort to make me feel comfortable with him in my room and was really professional and just an all around nice guy. I walked over to the Mills Mall next door while it was still daylight and walked back after dark, by myself and felt comfortable - just of course remaining mindful of my surroundings - I will say that if you decide to walk across - once you get to the main road - go to the left (coming from the hotel) and try to utilize the "cross-walk" and keep your fingers crossed that someone actually stops - if not be prepared - that road is pretty busy. However, the guy at the front desk emphasized that it would not be a problem to send the shuttle over to get me if I didn't feel comfortable walking back from the mall at night - a nice change from the attitude of other shuttle services provided by other hotels that I have encountered. The room itself was very quiet at night, save for my one gripe about my experience - the heating/cooling system in my room was a little older - perhaps they haven't upgraded it yet, but it was hard to get a comfortable temperature, and the unit sounded like an airplane taking off every time it turned on. Made falling asleep a little difficult and in fact I turned off the heat well into the night so I could sleep. In the morning, the breakfast was well stocked and typical Hampton fare - they had a little more selection of fresh fruit than other Hamptons do, which was very nice. Check out was smooth and easy and I had asked the desk person on duty the night before to put me down for the 8:30 airport shuttle for the next morning (the shuttle runs every half hour in the morning) and when I told the woman at the desk in the morning she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about - so always double check to make sure you're on the list to get in the shuttle just in case it's busy. So, in summary - stay at this Hampton if you can. I have to stay by BWI this month and again in April, and I've already changed all of my reservations to this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raelynn S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
gardentraveler1,

Thank you for choosing our hotel while traveling to the BWI area. I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience while a guest at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Recieving such wonderful feedback is not only pleasent to hear, but very motivating for my team. I hope to see you next time you are in the area.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our stay was excellent!! We used the hotel while we visited family near by and we made a great choice! Seems like the hotel was recently renovated, it is EXTREMELY clean and well decorated. Our room was spotless and the had FREE Wifi!! Breakfast was very good and the staff there is top notch!

I would definitely stay there again and try other Hampton Inn Hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dessinnj,

The staff here at the Hampton Inn is very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Hotel. I appreciate all feedback that we recieve, but when the feedback is so positive, it motivates the staff to keep up the good work. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Management
Hampton Inn and suites Arundel Mils
Leonardtown, Md.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This Hampton Inn is by far the nicest that I have ever stayed in. The lobby is very attractive and staff is wonderful. Rooms are outstanding and great breakfast layout. Did not go to the casino nearby due to schedule. Great selection of restaurants on the circle.

Room Tip: We had to change our reservations from another motel in the Glen Bernie area due to flooding issues...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raelynn S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Mattingly1990,

Thank You for taking time to give us your feed back about your stay at the Hampton Inn and suites Arundel Mills BWI. We truly appreciate all feedback, but most of all positive ones. I hope that you will beable to stay at our Hotel next time you are in the area and experience the Casino.

We hope to see you soon.

Hampton Inn and Suites
Arundel Mills/BWI
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Arundel Mills! We just checked out this morning. It was my husband, my daughter and I. We stayed in the 2 queen bed suite. The room was nice, and comforting. It was very clean! My 5 year old absolutely loved the floor space in the suite to play with her puzzles. The mini kitchen was a blessing, we stored her juice in in the fridge, and snacks in the cabinet! The water pressure in the shower was pretty good, one of the better pressures I've had in a hotel! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! My absolute FAVORITE thing was the free fresh hot coffee 24 hours! What a blessing to have, I must say. Waking up to a nice fresh cup of coffee is amazing, and coming back from a VERY long day, just having that coffee was wonderful. It was fresh all during the day. The breakfast in the lobby was nice, and had a decent selection(Waffles, omelettes, fruit, oatmeal, cereals, bagels, muffins, toast, ect). The beds were pretty comfortable! My 5 year old absolutely loved it, and slept very comfortably, as did my husband and I! We had a nice flat screen TV in the room, which you can turn to face the beds(when you walk in, it was facing the sink area, beds were on the left), so we were able to easily turn it to face the bed for our daughter to enjoy. The only problem I encountered was in the morning, around 8/9 AM, the shower would never get "hot", it would get lukewarm at best. I think it was because most people take showers at that hour before getting breakfast and going out. Around 11 AM/12 PM, the shower was steaming hot! (Thank goodness!) Overall, the Hotel was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others traveling in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raelynn S, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Kibbs90,

Thank You for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites as you choice of hotel accomidations while in the Hanover area. We always appreciate positive feedback from our guest. I am so happy that your family enjoyed there stay. I will look into the water temperature in the morning, so hopefully nobody else experiences luke warm water.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Hampton Inn and Suites
Arundel Mills/BWI
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

You can see why Hamptons are top pick for guests.
This hotel had wounderful decor,and the staff was really friendly.
Cristy, at the desk was really helpful,she allowed me to use the Business center even though I was not a guest so I could print out important document.
Thank you the owners and management of the Arunde Mills Hampton,your hotel and staff reflects your proffessional attuide.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raelynn S, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Ben L,

Thank You for stopping by and visiting our Hotel. I appreciate it when people let us know when we are doing things right. You are always welcomed at our Hotel and please stop by next time you need accomadations

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Flew into BWI (nice airport, btw!) and spent time in both Baltimore and DC, so the location of this hotel worked well for us. Seems like it's been recently remodeled, as the decor, carpets, window treatments, etc., all were in very good condition. The room itself was spacious and nicely laid out. Having a mini-kitchen area w/ coffee maker, sink, microwave and fridge -- all not facing the bed -- was quite convenient. We did not take advantage of proximity to the Arundel Mills mall, but can see how some would find that advantageous. Only complaint is that the sound-proofing isn't quite as good as it should be -- could hear noisy neighbors (kids, mostly) running up and down halls, slamming doors, in other words: the usual. Could also hear nearby highway sounds too easily. And the room air conditioner/heater is WAY too loud when it turns on/off in auto mode. A higher-end unit would make a world of difference. That said, we'd probably stay here again if on a similar trip to the Balt/DC area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Raelynn S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dan B,

Thank You for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites while you where visiting the Baltimore, DC area. I am pleased to hear that you satisfied with our accomidatiosn. I hope that you come and visit us soon in the near future. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a little noise while you were a guest at the hotel, keep in mind that our team will gladly look into any noise issues that are brought to our attention.

Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore? Share your experiences!