“Overall a wonderful stay with a few minor bumps” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Frederick, Maryland
“Overall a wonderful stay with a few minor bumps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

First the things I loved: the lobby and breakfast area are beautiful. A new and updated color scheme, very clean and well kept. Free 24 hour coffee/hot chocolate/hot tea. And the coffee was delicious and fresh each time I tried it. Staff was friendly and everyone smiled at you. Housekeeping greeted us with smiles and "good mornings" when we passed them in the hall. Front desk staff was quick to answer our questions. Check out was a breeze. The hotel was very quiet during our stay. It helped that we were granted out request for a higher floor.

Breakfast was great! It was not crowded at all on the day we were there. It was a nice spread of food too. The usual cold cereal, yogurt, donuts. But also hot oatmeal with toppings, eggs (hard boiled and scrambled), biscuits with sausage gravy, sausage patties, waffles, fruit salad (and whole fruit as well), four kinds of juice, ice water (lemon ice water at the front desk as well, 24 hours), the aforementioned coffee bar, etc. Oh, and if you can't sit down for breakfast they offer a bagged breakfast at the front desk to take with you when you go.

Now, the minor bumps...
-The shower pressure was just sad. I never expect good shower pressure in a hotel and the fact that we were fifth floor probably made it worse. But it was bad.

-Our remote was broken. Not a big deal. Front desk replaced it as soon as we told them.

-My room key stopped working about a half hour before checkout. I went downstairs to get coffee while my husband showered. When I got back to the room I could not get back in. Not sure if the door was deactivated by the front desk (since we were nearing checkout time) or if the key got de-magnetized in my purse. Either way I ended up waiting in the hallway for a little bit until my husband finished his shower and heard me knocking. I didn't bother getting a new key since we were due to check out anyhow.

Those were the only issues we had and were not bad enough to knock down my rating. We will definitely stay here again when we're in the area. I can't comment on the pool area since it's an outdoor pool and closed for the winter. They had a nice looking exercise room. Very big for a hotel exercise room. We didn't use that either though, so can't comment on the equipment.

Overall a nice hotel. Would return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Raelynn S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Shelly KP34,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites while you were traveling in the Baltimore area. Your comments are very helpful for out Hotel to continually improve our delievery of customer service. I appreciate your feedback and I personally hope to see you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Management,
Hamtpon Inn and Suites Arundel Mills

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

never did stay and fly before. couldnt get direct flight from Dulles but was able to get from BWI. stayed at the Hampton inn and caught shuttle to airport. didnt worry about car and called for shuttle when we got back home. it made our trip a lot easier. would do it again.
jb

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jb_pool,

Hello, and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills as you hotel of choice. We apprecaite all the feedback we get from our guest especially the positive ones. We hope that if you are in the area in future you choose our Hotel to stay at. Thanks again for your feedback.

Management
Hamtpon Inn and Suites Arundel Mills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for a night out since we were going to Medieval Times, Maryland Live Casino and Dave and Busters. The hotel is modern and nice, clean and comfortable. It was a bummer that we had no hot water – a lukewarm shower is not good. There is a coffee/tea/cocoa bar in the lobby anytime you may have an interest, definitely a nice to have. Unfortunately, we did not make it down for breakfast (too much late night fun!). I saw several pictures posted on TripAdvisor and wanted to note they have clearly remodeled since some of those photos - everything is very modern and sleek. The location cannot be beat – especially since they have a free shuttle that runs 24-hours a day to and from the Casino and the local attractions at the Arundel Mills Mall – we hardly had to wait on a busy Saturday night, their efficiency is great! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
cms1012,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites as you Hotel of choice while visiting the attraction at the Arundel Mills mall. We appreciate all the feedback that our guest give us, it is the only way we know how you are feeling. I am sorry that you had hot water issues while staying with us. I assure you that I will personally look into this issue. You are correct, our photos are outdated and we are currently working on getting them updated, we just went through a major renovation.

I want to personally thank you for your feedback and want you to know that we look forward to your next visit with us.

Management,
Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here four nights this past week and found no deficiencies whatsoever. As you can see in most of my past reviews I usually have some criticism about a hotel. I really had no complaints. Room was good size for its class. Had a nice flat screen tv, a microwave, and refrigerator (larger than average.) bed was good and firm (for back) and sheets were clean. Wake up service was reliable and automated. Bathroom amenities were good. And maid service was superb. Thanks. Will return next business trip to Hanover.

• Stayed December 2012
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was in the best location - the closest hotel to Arundel Mills Mall. They offer a free 24/7 shuttle, but the mall is so close, you can easily walk. They had complimentary coffee, tea and fruit in the lobby. The rooms were large and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was perfect - actually had eggs and meat. Such a great variety! I highly recommend this hotel over any other hotel in this location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughters and grand daughters joined me for a weekend at Arundel, the hotel was renovated, clean and the service was excellent. From the front desk personel to the shuttle driver all were friendly and extremely polite, willing to make our stay very pleasant.
The rooms were connected and spacious, linen very clean and confortable; the bathrooms were supplied with all the anemities necessary and clean. Coffee machine and display of different kinds of coffee.
A shame the pool was closed for the season. Nice gym.
Microwave and refrigerator included. Breakfast abundant and nice and relax atmosphere.
We will stay there anytime we return to the area. Nice place.

Room Tip: With family ask for connecting rooms