Save Saved
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Hanover
“"DO IT"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

Close by to a lot of "go to" places, free breakfast. Overall very nice hotel. *Ben stiller* Do it!

• Stayed July 2011

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. So much so we are spending V-Day weekend there. Being located accross from Arundel Mills mall is the main attraction. The multitude of stores, shopping, various places to dine, Jewelry stores, Walmart, Cost-Co, department stores, etc...etc...etc... All of this makes the stay at the Hampton seem like a mini vacation. Not to mention Dave and Busters within walking distance of the Hampton. Strongly recommended for a nice getaway that won't cost you an arm and a leg. There is literally over 150 different places to shop, dine, and be entertained all within 1 square mile. Nightclubs, lounges, Bars, Movies and all types of stuff. There is even a miniature golf course down the road. A pool hall with old arcades and ping pong tables not to far as well. If you get bored staying here...you must be a boring person. There is just too much to do. And the nightly rates are great. On the downside, the breakfast gravy could use a little more salt and pepper. just saying.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I could not have asked for a better room than the one in which I stayed at this Hampton Inn (well, for a hotel in this range, anyway). It was large, comfortable, well-designed, well-furnished, and totally comfortable and quiet--just perfect for a business stay. There were small touches that made it seem far more "upscale" than the usual Hampton (and I am a fan of this chain in general)--even the way the towels were folded and stacked was done with care (and with convenience in mind). I was surprised only that there was no wireless access in the room--wired access was free, but wireless was available only in the common areas. Special requests were handled with courtesy and efficiency, and I was glad that there were options for microwaveable meals in the convenience shop in the lobby (although a few more low-carb options would be appreciated--WAY too much tempting ice cream and not enough "healthy" selections there, I think). The airport shuttle was quick and convenient, too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

The staff was great, the room was clean, nice, etc. I had no complaints until... I had an early flight out of BWI the following day, so I stayed at the hotel for one night and took the shuttle to the airport the next morning. Everything was fine and I was so pleased that they had the 10 day free parking deal. Only problem was when I flew back into BWI and called to catch the free shuttle back to the hotel to get my car. I was told that the shuttle was broken. When asked about options they said "you can call a cab." Um...my first thought was that a hotel that close to rental vehicles could have a back up. I ended up paying a cab $25 to return to my car. So much for free parking and free shuttle!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Very nice, friendly reception. When they mysteriously had lost my reservation, they were very apologetic and put me into an upgraded room. Free wireless internet, good breakfast. They need to relook their beer selection at the complementary manager's reception each night: Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Lite...seriously? Maybe at least one decent choice, even a Sam Adams would've been nice...heck, I would've settled for a Michelob, for God's sake! So-so fitness room, pretty limited. Great access to Arundel Mills mall, therefore staggering distance from Duclaw's brewpub!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Berlin, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I spent Thanksgiving day and night at this hotel. I had only booked for one night, but with most Hilton properties, if a room is available, they will kindly check you in early with no penalty. I knew I was going to be arriving REALLY early, around 2AM, so I knew the odds of me being allowed to check in without some sort of fee would be slim, so I called the day before. I spoke with a Front Desk member who told me that since they had plenty of rooms, it would be no problem, that they would be happy to check me in extra early free of charge.

That did not happen!

I arrived at 2AM, eager to get to sleep since Thanksgiving was that day. The night manager told me he would be charging me an extra night, even though I had spoken to someone else earlier that night. He told me he could not waive the fee, that I would need to speak to the GM on Friday. Fine, I agreed to speak with her on Friday.

Friday morning came, and the GM was not available. I explained my situation to the front desk associate before I checked out. She said that there would not be a problem, and that the GM would most likely refund me the fee. I asked her to call me when she decided because the GM would be in shortly. About 4 hours passed, and I called on my own. The lady with whom I had spoken that morning told me the GM had waived the fee. That would have been just fine, except that when I checked my credit card statement a week later, the charge had not been reversed. When I called to check if the fee had been waived, I was told that it was not!!!

I left a voicemail for the GM the next morning. It took her 3 days to respond and she finally did waive the fee. This was a really obnoxious process, and I highly doubt I will stay there again if this is the sort of service they offer. This was only a minor problem, so I was able to be patient, but if this had been a major problem, I can only imagine how the staff handles it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I stayed here for 3 days with 5 family members. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous. I was really surprised that I was chosen as the "Guest of the Day" and received a free in room movie and credit in the Suite shop. It took about 20 minutes to get to our destinations in the city but it didn't seem that long b/c the traffic wasn't bad while we were there. There are lots of restaurants nearby (mostly chains like McD's,Golden Corral, Panera Bread,etc), Arundel Mills Mall, and a Walmart a short distance away.

We had one suite on the 3rd floor and the room was very clean, smelled fresh and the beds were comfortable (2 queens and a sofa bed). The suite was roomy and easily accommodated the six of us. There aren't any dividers between the sleeping and living areas so everyone will be together in one space. I mentioned that b/c some families/groups of friends may want to get two rooms...I know I will next time b/c some of my family members were getting on my nerves and I had nowhere to escape-but that's not the hotel's fault. Breakfast included muffins/pastries, bagels, biscuits, cereal/instant oatmeal, fruit with the hot items like sausage & omelets changing daily. Coffee is available 24hr/day in the lobby and I enjoyed a cup each evening. There are soda machines but I didn't see any snack machines so you may want to pack your own snacks or take advantage of the Walmart because the items in the Suite shop are expensive.

LIKED: staff, location, cleanliness, comfortable beds, price & free parking, decor
DISLIKED: nothing

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore? Share your experiences!