“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here almost 2 weeks. The room was very spacious. I have been to the area a few times and stayed at different hotels and this is BY FAR the best hotel for the price. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating as well. The hotel was always busy but service was still fast and efficient.

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoking floor so avoid that if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice comfy room with kitchen. The location was perfect with the mall nearby. I was particularly impressed with their help when I needed to do something different with the network settings to access my work computer. They directed me to their dedicated tech support team that had me up and running in no time. Another thing I was happy about was that the rooms indeed look as good as the pictures which in my experience is most often not the case at hotels. I am planning to stay here again when I return next month.

Room Tip: Hotel seemed new so all rooms should be great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

After researching this place, I was anticipating an average hotel. I was happily proved wrong. This place is excellent from top to bottom and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling through the area, especially for an extended stay.

The building and staff are excellent, though some parking lot paving may be an inconvenience to some people temporarily. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The kitchen is very nice, with large appliances (refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher), a small stove-top, nice counters and plenty of cabinets with plates and utensils. What was impressive was finding smaller items you may not bring, such as dish soap and paper towels.

The rooms were clean and everything worked well. There was a premium bed, two quality chairs (one for business work and one for relaxing), and an extremely large business desk. Free Wifi adds the final practical touch to a nice room.

While I have recommended finding another hotel choice in some of my reviews, this Candlewood Suites is a place to go to with confidence. I'd recommend this to friends, family, and colleagues.

Good travels!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here on June 2nd 2013 for one night

15,000 points used on Priority Club Rewards

Arrived at the hotel very late in pouring rain. Car park very full but managed to just find a space

Check in was smmoth and the staff were very friendly on the desk

The room was as per the hotels web site and the pictures did it just.

Upon entry into the room there was a small full kitchen with all the appliances you would need for a long stay including all plates and utemsils (see picture). There was also a space to eat with chairs either side.

The bed was super comfy and very clean and as was the modern bright bathroom with great shower.

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites and I was quite impressed with what I received. I shall stay here again and also at other CS properties in the future if they are as good as this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me start by saying I stayed here for 2 nights after a very long week of conferencing and meetings - I was exhausted. The rooms have pretty decent black-out curtains so I had a great sleep.

Because you're pretty isolated, the hotel offers a shuttle service to the nearby Arundel Mills Mall and this is worth visiting. Some good factory outlet shops, a good food court and plenty of retail distractions to help you kill time, if that's what you need.

The lobby has a "comunal shop" concept which offers free hot coffee which is much appreciated, but quite a limited selection of healthier food options. The best I could do was a banana, two apples and some salted peanuts. Everything else was either highly sugared or nutrient-free carbohydrates.

But a short trip to the mall and I dosed up on a great salad and grilled meats with vegetables.

I slept really well here and managed to rejuvenate myself, in preparation for another week of meetings.

This hotel is pretty new as well and offers free barbecue cooking facilities, if you fancy that sort of thing. And of course, any hotel that offers free wi-fi will always have a high rating from me.

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty low-rise, I stayed on the ground floor, so maybe choose a higher floor if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a month. When I checked in I was charged 50 dollars more a night for the same room for the same time as my co worker....next time I will book online. My husband is diabetic and he went down to the lobby to see what diet drinks were in the machine down there and there was no diet drinks when he asked at the desk about it the employee told my husband that the drinks would be looked into....after a month stay still no diet drinks in the machine. He was also told that the only diabetic drink they had was WATER!
I noticed this hotel had no pool so if your family is looking for a relaxing swim you have to go somewhere else. Also you know that complimentary breakfast so many travelers like to complain about ...well this hotel fixed that problem THERE ISN'T ONE. You can pay almost $4 for their brown bag special which is basically the same thing you get from other hotels for free.
I had a lovely view of hwy 100 from my window and the noise from the traffic woke me every morning. OH! and the inspection on the elevator was expired when I stayed there so I didn't have much confidence in it. I recommend staying somewhere else and booking online to save a little money.

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here pick a room on the opposite side from hwy 100.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Annabelle B,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

It is very disappointing to learn that we have left you with a less than memorable experience. I am truly sorry for the poor experience you had during your visit and we deeply regret the dissatisfaction you had with our breakfast. Additionally, I apologize for the noise challenges you have encountered.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. With this in mind, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at Candlewood Suite near Baltimore Airport, for 1 night. I was looking for a hotel on our route from Norfolk to New Jersey, and the location near a shopping mall was a big plus. I had some trouble finding the hotel, cause the GPS started to act funny in the vicinity of the airport... We came late at night, the parking was almost full, I could hardly get a parking spot. The check in was very quick. I dropped my husband off with a handbag by the entrance, by the time I parked the car, he got the keys.
It was a huge suite with a fully equipped kitchen, a nice work desk. The room was very clean, a very nice bathroom, I wish we could have stay more than a night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport? Share your experiences!