“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here during the recent storm when my house power went down for a day. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and check in was fast. I booked here because of the full size fridge in the room, so I could move most of the food from my fridge to here. The room/bathroom was very clean and the shower pressure was excellent. The Arundel Mills mall with tons of restaurants is around the corner. When I want a weekend getaway from home I plan to book here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a night after flying in late to BWI. It was close to the airport and I was on my way to Aberdeen the next morning. The hotel placement was a bit strange when I pulled in as it seemed that the main entrance was at the rear of the building and you had to drive around to the front. But, once I entered the building I was very impressed. The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were gorgeous and would be on par with what I would expect at an upscale hotel including the quality of the furniture and comfiness of the beds. This was my first time staying at Candlewood but I will look out for this chain again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for business for a week in January while my company was doing business at Fort Meade. The location in Hanover is nice as it is close to both BWI Airport and Fort Meade. The hotel was very nice place and reasonably priced, very clean and well maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly, especially the maintenance man who came immediately when I needed fresh batteries for the TV remote. The complimentary laundry was nice as well so I did not have to fumble around with change. I have to fly in to the area a few times a year and I'll definitely stay here from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills with friends while visiting the new Casino and had a very pleasant experience. The room was very clean. I shared a room with 2 queen beds and the room was wonderful and was above average room size. There was a kitchen in the room but I did not use it since we were only here for the night. Also, there was a nice flat screen tv in the room and a dvd player, although it did not appear to be a blu ray player. The location was perfect for us with the Casino and Mall around the corner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Baldwin, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this hotel the day our daughter went into labor as it was located close to the hospital and then her home. We knew that we would be here about 10 days after she gave birth. We called, made the resevation and did not show up until after our grandson was several hours old. Our room was waiting for us. We were warmly greeted when we checked in. The bed was comfortable and the room spotless! The next morning, knowing we were going to be here for a while we asked about a larger room and were shown their one bedroom suite and we upgraded immediately.

What we loved: the people who worked at the hotel; the space in the rooms we had and the large bathroom with lots of storage space; lots of drawers in the bedroom; a very comfortable bed and soft linens; it was quiet in the halls and room to room; the ability to have an aprtment like facility (with kitchen)at a reasonable price.

What needs some work: the heating units (it was hard to keep the temp at a comfortable level - we ended up turning the thermostat in the bedroom off completely); a larger coffee maker; different lighting - it was a bit harsh in the living room and kitchen area; the gym - only one treadmill was working and the other had some issue with the tread and the all-in-one larger piece was not bolted to the floor.

What you need to be aware of: it looks like the hotel is on a quiet side road BUT about a mile beyond the hotel is an industrial park with a Staples fullfillment center and other businesses that have tracker-trailers going by early in the the AM. It will not stop us from coming back, but it is better to be aware of this.

We are planning a trip down in a month and i plan to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I traveled on government business and just stayed for a few weeks and was very impressed by the quality of the hotel. The rooms are superb and the beds are really nice. There were about 50 channels (all in High definition) including HBO. The kitchens and large room size make it nice for a longer stay. The hotel is a little hard to find and I drove past it the first time I tried to find it, but it is close to the Arundel Mills Mall with lots of stores and restaurants, and very close to the Route 100 Arundel Mills Blvd exit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were hosting thanksgiving at our house and since our house is small but we have a big family we booked a few rooms over the holiday at this hotel since it was a very good deal compared to the other hotels. I was a bit worried as my sister is a bit picky but the whole family was happy with the hotel as it was new and well kept. I was surprised when my sister showed up Thanksgiving morning with a couple of appetizers! She said the room had a kitchen with pots and pans and a cooktop so she went to the local Safeway and made them in the morning. I actually just came back with my husband one weekend and stayed while going out to the Casino nearby one night. We will recommend to others coming to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport? Share your experiences!