“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Montreal, Canada
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for business for a week in January while my company was doing business at Fort Meade. The location in Hanover is nice as it is close to both BWI Airport and Fort Meade. The hotel was very nice place and reasonably priced, very clean and well maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly, especially the maintenance man who came immediately when I needed fresh batteries for the TV remote. The complimentary laundry was nice as well so I did not have to fumble around with change. I have to fly in to the area a few times a year and I'll definitely stay here from now on.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills with friends while visiting the new Casino and had a very pleasant experience. The room was very clean. I shared a room with 2 queen beds and the room was wonderful and was above average room size. There was a kitchen in the room but I did not use it since we were only here for the night. Also, there was a nice flat screen tv in the room and a dvd player, although it did not appear to be a blu ray player. The location was perfect for us with the Casino and Mall around the corner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Baldwin, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this hotel the day our daughter went into labor as it was located close to the hospital and then her home. We knew that we would be here about 10 days after she gave birth. We called, made the resevation and did not show up until after our grandson was several hours old. Our room was waiting for us. We were warmly greeted when we checked in. The bed was comfortable and the room spotless! The next morning, knowing we were going to be here for a while we asked about a larger room and were shown their one bedroom suite and we upgraded immediately.

What we loved: the people who worked at the hotel; the space in the rooms we had and the large bathroom with lots of storage space; lots of drawers in the bedroom; a very comfortable bed and soft linens; it was quiet in the halls and room to room; the ability to have an aprtment like facility (with kitchen)at a reasonable price.

What needs some work: the heating units (it was hard to keep the temp at a comfortable level - we ended up turning the thermostat in the bedroom off completely); a larger coffee maker; different lighting - it was a bit harsh in the living room and kitchen area; the gym - only one treadmill was working and the other had some issue with the tread and the all-in-one larger piece was not bolted to the floor.

What you need to be aware of: it looks like the hotel is on a quiet side road BUT about a mile beyond the hotel is an industrial park with a Staples fullfillment center and other businesses that have tracker-trailers going by early in the the AM. It will not stop us from coming back, but it is better to be aware of this.

We are planning a trip down in a month and i plan to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I traveled on government business and just stayed for a few weeks and was very impressed by the quality of the hotel. The rooms are superb and the beds are really nice. There were about 50 channels (all in High definition) including HBO. The kitchens and large room size make it nice for a longer stay. The hotel is a little hard to find and I drove past it the first time I tried to find it, but it is close to the Arundel Mills Mall with lots of stores and restaurants, and very close to the Route 100 Arundel Mills Blvd exit.

1 Thank Lucille R
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were hosting thanksgiving at our house and since our house is small but we have a big family we booked a few rooms over the holiday at this hotel since it was a very good deal compared to the other hotels. I was a bit worried as my sister is a bit picky but the whole family was happy with the hotel as it was new and well kept. I was surprised when my sister showed up Thanksgiving morning with a couple of appetizers! She said the room had a kitchen with pots and pans and a cooktop so she went to the local Safeway and made them in the morning. I actually just came back with my husband one weekend and stayed while going out to the Casino nearby one night. We will recommend to others coming to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were very impressed by the service the staff provided. The guestroom was also very well appointed and the whole family was happy. The bathroom and kitchen were spotless and it was helpful to have the kitchen with the family. Very good value and If we are in the area we will come again definitely.

• Stayed January 2013
Cornish, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel was filled with stink bugs. I flushed 17 of them down the toilet before bed. I asked for another room. The hotel said they were full. I asked for another hotel they said it would be on me. I wouldn't get a refund. The floor was not cleaned. The workspace was not washed. There was food left on it from the last guest. Stay AWAY

Room Tip: Please find another Hotel
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank nhscooper
cwsarundelmills, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. As General Manager, I was concerned to read of the challenges you experienced during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you were faced with due to the stink bugs and cleanliness issues with your room. We do take guest feedback very seriously and have treated the entire hotel for stink bugs after reading your comments. We haven’t had any complaints since then. We have also addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Candlewood Suites in the future. We hope you will consider providing us with another opportunity to provide you with the levels of service we truly pride ourselves on.

Kind Regards,