“Hotel Near Ft Meade” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
San Antonio, Texas
“Hotel Near Ft Meade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I needed a place to stay near Ft. Meade for 2 weeks so I picked this hotel. I am pretty picky so seeing a "Now Open" banner when I pulled in to the parking lot was a good sign. The room was a nice size but still had a cozy feel. I cook almost every day at home but tend not to on the road. This room had a kitchen with a cooktop and being there for 2 weeks I decided to go to the Safeway nearby and getting groceries. The room was immaculate and is a very good choice in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here while in town for a wedding. We had a block of 10 rooms and the manager took extra special care of us. We had asked for our rooms to be ready before checkin time because we needed to get ready before we went to the wedding and everything was ready as promised. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. The hotel is around the corner from a large outlet mall with plenty of dining options. Thanks to Candlewood Hanover for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Dont stay here!!!!!!!!!!! save your money!!! there is absoutely no room service unless your staying for a week or more,,,,i had over flowing trash cans, dirty towels etc,,,,and the front desk,,,,they could care less when i did finaly complain,,,,,,,i guess customer service to these people is not part of their agenda, this i cant understand since there are other good reviews,,,,the appearance and decor is good though,,,,he hotel is beautiful,,,but they fall way short of housekeeping,,,,,,im gving it one circle since the decore is really nice and that is the only thing i have to say good about this property

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear angiehaha,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am delighted to know that you find our hotel beautiful. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience our housekeeping team may have caused during your stay. Rest assured, we will take your feedback as a coaching opportunity for our staff.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is a breath of fresh air. The staff is friendly (sometimes overly so). The room was impeccably clean and was spacious and affordable. The suites come with a full range of appliances (microwave, refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, plates, silverware, and pots). The free wifi was very fast, and the business computer had 2 computers. They also had a dvd collection you could rent for free. There were only 30 to 40 movies, but the front desk agent said this was because they just opened and are working on expanding the selection. This place was perfect for my 2 week stay in Baltimore. The hotel is on a quiet road about a half mile away from Arundel Mills Mall, which is a good thing so you avoid the crazy mall traffic! It was right around the corner to the exit to get on to Route 100 and was very convenient to get to wherever I needed to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Elkridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having been relocated to Ft. Meade a couple of months ago, I needed a temporary place to stay with the family. We looked at all the "Suites" hotels in the area since we needed a kitchen. We toured a number of properties and settled upon this one as it seemed to be the best value by far. The hotel fit our needs perfectly. The suite we had was very large and had a full kitchen. It must have been about 700 square feet. The room was very nicely appointed with some modern touches. The staff was very eager to help. I've already recommended a buddy of mine who is looking for housing to move here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Upper Marlboro,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a new property and very nice hotel. I stayed there while work was being done on my home and again when I had a very early flight out of Thurgood Marshall airport (BWI). The lobby is big and very inviting. It clean, Nice guest laundry and gym. Flat screen TV. The suites are beautiful. I hated to leave.This is a great hotel for a vacation or a staycation. In fact, I just may get myself a room there this weekend and hide from my teenagers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Clifton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was traveling to the area for business and brought my family with me. The new Casino is nearby and we thought we would make a mini vacation out of the trip and go in the evening. I have stayed at a few Candlewoods before and have always enjoyed my stay, but this Candlewood is much nicer than any Candlewood Suites I have stayed at. The hotel seemed new and the rooms were beautifully decorated and had a very stylish, contemporary decor. The room had the standard kitchen I am used to, which was useful to my family. The room was very clean and a large flat screen television with high definition programming. The hotel was very quiet as it is not on the main road. The beds seemed nicer than the typical Candlewood bed I have slept on in the past. It seems to me that Candlewood is going upscale!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport? Share your experiences!