“Nice for Relocation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Elkridge
“Nice for Relocation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having been relocated to Ft. Meade a couple of months ago, I needed a temporary place to stay with the family. We looked at all the "Suites" hotels in the area since we needed a kitchen. We toured a number of properties and settled upon this one as it seemed to be the best value by far. The hotel fit our needs perfectly. The suite we had was very large and had a full kitchen. It must have been about 700 square feet. The room was very nicely appointed with some modern touches. The staff was very eager to help. I've already recommended a buddy of mine who is looking for housing to move here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Upper Marlboro,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a new property and very nice hotel. I stayed there while work was being done on my home and again when I had a very early flight out of Thurgood Marshall airport (BWI). The lobby is big and very inviting. It clean, Nice guest laundry and gym. Flat screen TV. The suites are beautiful. I hated to leave.This is a great hotel for a vacation or a staycation. In fact, I just may get myself a room there this weekend and hide from my teenagers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Clifton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was traveling to the area for business and brought my family with me. The new Casino is nearby and we thought we would make a mini vacation out of the trip and go in the evening. I have stayed at a few Candlewoods before and have always enjoyed my stay, but this Candlewood is much nicer than any Candlewood Suites I have stayed at. The hotel seemed new and the rooms were beautifully decorated and had a very stylish, contemporary decor. The room had the standard kitchen I am used to, which was useful to my family. The room was very clean and a large flat screen television with high definition programming. The hotel was very quiet as it is not on the main road. The beds seemed nicer than the typical Candlewood bed I have slept on in the past. It seems to me that Candlewood is going upscale!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My family & I were relocating to a near by military base & or housing registration was incomplete, with that being said we were referred to this location for temp. housing. In the beginning everything was fine, until the Manager that had originally booked our stay was terminated & this half pint manager took over, first he charged our credit card on file, then apologized after the fact that he maxed it out & then demanding daily payments for a monthly stay, where as b4 we were making weekly or bi weekly payments.. Nonetheless after staying shortly after 1 month he put us out for not being able to one nightly payment.... After we made a $1500 + payment.... Military are not welcomed here! That was made clear to us!!!! He put us on the street with a small child @ 7pm at night one day prior to our move! Do not support this man's greed!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear LovintheUSA13,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I decided to stay at this new hotel after reading reviews from other travelers, and I am glad that I did. I found the room to be clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. Also, Arundel Mills Mall and several restaurants are close by. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. They accommodated an early check in for me which was nice. The Westin Element was sold out so I stayed here instead. Rooms were great! It exceeded my expectations. I would stay there again. Very close to everything too.

• Stayed July 2012
League City, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We were looking forward to watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. When we got the T.V. on, half the channels were down, including the ones with the Olympics. The hotel room was very nice and updated. The walls did not stop the noise very well. You could easily hear conversations in the hallway. With so many choices in the area, I don't believe we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
cwsarundelmills, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to first thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Arundelmills for your lodging needs. We have been made aware of the satellite issues and share your concerns and your frustration. We are currently looking into the issue and look to have a resolution for this in the very near future. I can certainly understand your disappointment and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. We would like the opportunity to make this up to you; if you have any future travel needs please feel free to reach out to me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Best Regards,

Kenneth M. Waters

Been to Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport? Share your experiences!