“Not Bad, Not Great Either” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Washington DC USA
“Not Bad, Not Great Either”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my first visit. The service was definitely not up to my standards. You basically have to wave down a person for anything after you order and get your food. Whether it is water, condiments or whatever. I still tipped them decently because I think they are just very busy. Although our person did not have much personality. No friendliness or small talk. The food was out in good time and hot. I got the fried trio. Scallops were great (two), shrimp were butterflyed and a bit dry/overcooked, I got the crabcake broiled. It was very good but no the greatest I have ever had. It was very moist, had lump crabmeat, but did not have a real strong crab flavor-somewhat bland. I am not sure what they use for filler, it is not exactly bready, but I think it make it a bit bland. Others in my party got the lobster special and that seemed like a great deal. I think they fall between Average and Very Good. I will give them another try.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winchester, Virginia
“Crab cakes are worth the trip !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stopped by for dinner after a tournament with my granddaughter and was good!

Of course fried foods are better then broiled but the crab cakes are the best We have ever had and We have had quite a few over the years! Large size and very little filler!

Don't bother ordering anything else!

Will go again when I'm in the area.

Seats quite a few people and parking lot was full.

Fort Washington, Maryland
“Great Crabcakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Place is an area landmark and has great crab cakes. It is a little pricey, crowded, and the decor is old.

Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“I LOVED THESE CRABCAKES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

When I 1st started visting Timbuktu's I stumbled upon this restaurant from a hotel's suggestion. the food was great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, New Jersey
“It was a great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We went with a group of fellow cruisers the night before we were to ship out. This restaurant was wonderful. The staff was good, and the food was good.

Visited January 2014