“Not what I expected...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Federal Way, Washington
“Not what I expected...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was NOT what I was expecting at all, this is a really nice place. The website was NOT correct about what was on the menu or the current pricing (just an FYI). You will see why when you read on.

That being said put something cute on and run on over anyway. I visited yesterday with my fiance and his friend, we were there for a late lunch that turned into an early dinner. So go when you have time and are not in a rush. If you are there on the weekend, no matter what time it is, you will be ordering from the dinner menu. So plan for the upcharge or visit on a weekday.

My fiance and his friend both got the Steak and Cake. The crab cake apparently was FABULOUS and the steak was good. I ordered a half rack of ribs, a side salad and onion rings. I don't care what else you order.. get the onion rings! The onion rings are to die for. Just delicious!

Our waiter was very friendly, really helpful and informative. They do have a full bar and a sizable wine list if you are so inclined.

The seating area is fairly small and has "mood lighting"... (aka on the dark side).

If you are calling for takeout (like I seriously just did) be aware that the website says you can order until 10:30 and kitchen closes at 10:45. We called at 10:20 and were told no we close in 5 minutes. OK then. No more onion rings for me. DAMN!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

US
“Road Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Friendly service...I never miss this place when I am in the Hanover, MD, ever!!! Great Seafood!!! I took a friend there and he loved the Oysters and of course the crabcake and stuff shrimp was to die for!!!

• Visited November 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great crab cakes and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ate at the Timbuktu Restaurant upon the recommendation of the hostess at the hotel where we were staying, and we're glad that we did. The crabcakes were huge, and they were as good as we've had anywhere. You can get them broiled or fried, and ours came broiled at the suggestion of our waitress. Each one was loaded with crab meat and contained very little breading. Our dinner included a large salad and another side of our choice. Desserts were available, but our portions were so large that they left no room for the anything else. We ate there on a Saturday night; the restaurant was busy, but it's so large and efficient that we didn't have to wait for a table. The service was friendly and helpful; it was obvious that our waitress liked her job and was glad to be of assistance.

• Visited October 2013
ATLANTA
“Best Crab Cakes in Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ahhhhh, the joy of returning home to B-More for a visit and making my yearly visit to Timbuktu. This place NEVER disappoints.

PROS
*Absolute BEST crab cakes in the state of Maryland
*Yummy cream of crab soup
*Great game day atmosphere *Go Ravens*
*Plenty of parking
*Reasonable Prices
*Friendly staff
*Our server Drew was great

CONS
*The Long Island cocktail was not good at all. I must say that we were able to exchange our drinks with no problem at all. I enjoyed my hurricane.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I ordered the Jewels of the Sea. It was absolutely wonderful! The service was also good. Look forward to going back.

• Visited March 2013