“Excellent dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Hyssna
“Excellent dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had two starters, the crabdip and jalepeno poppers. Both were great in taste. The crabdip was rich and creamy. Then we had lobster raviolli and it was delicious. The crabcakes was one of the best you can have. We also ha a steak which was tasty. The service was good and we had a great dinner.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Crab cake Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not an overly fancy or modern place but great service (Chrissy the bartender for one). Crab cakes are mostly crab with just enough binder to hold them together. Steaks are surprisingly tasty and tender. Can be a little pricey when eating crab cakes but well worth it! Other meals are reasonable and their nightly specials are a steal! Skip Philips or the other place in Baltimore or Annapolis and come here to get your fill of crab cakes!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wayne, New Jersey
“Amazing meal, excellent waitstaff, not to be missed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were looking for our last meal while in Maryland and didn't want to dine anywhere specifically touristy. My wife found Timbuktu here on TripAdvisor so we gave it a go. We are so glad that she found it. The exterior is not much to look at and the roadway sign is kind of hokey. That totally changes when you get inside.... There are linens and tea candles on the tables and all the waitstaff is dressed nicely.

I'll start with the waitstaff... Superb. We had Beth and she was just plain awesome. She treated every one of her tables as if they were everyday regulars. Of course, her gratuity reflected her great service and attention to detail.

Since we were in Maryland, we had to have some more crab cakes. We weren't disappointed and very surprised with the quality and portions. I had the Steak & Cake. A strip steak and one crab cake. The strip was done as ordered and the crab cake was great. Perfectly seasoned and just enough filler to hold all the crab meat together. My wife ordered the stuffed lobster tail and it was immense. The tail was a good size, but they really topped it off with a lot of crab meat. They used the same crab as they do with the crab cakes. The mixture wasn't dry at all we both really enjoyed our meals.

I ordered the house made key lime pie to go as I just couldn't eat it since we were so full. It was great. Not too tart, not too bland. Just right. I have no doubt we'll visit again when we're in town.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ewing, New Jersey
“Skip the harbor and head to Hanover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The exterior of building with blue camels threw me off a bit when we pulled up. This place was easy to get to from our hotel by the BWI airport. As we entered the building the waiting area was packed and there was a steady stream of customers in and out. We entered a nicely decorated dining room that did not quite match the outside. I only wish they had more windows, felt a little boxed in. Ok, let's get past that. I ordered the broiled seafood platter with crab cakes, stuffed oyster, flounder, scallops and shrimp with a side of broccoli. It was one of the BEST meals I have had to date. The Greek Italian dressing on the salad was divine and wish I had a bottle to take home. The crab cake was full of flavor with just enough seasoning and filler. Bite after bite was loaded with meaty crab and flavor. Tried a bit of my friend's salmon which cooked just right and the cut was nice for the price. Definite do over if you are in the area. Skip the harbor and head to Hanover for great nightly and weekly specials!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, VA
“Crabcakes galore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first time visiting the area and the restaurant. Our hotel manager suggested here and it was very cloe to our hotel. It was a little dark, lit by candles at night. The prices were a little steep so we ordered the seafood platter with Maryland crab soup and another side. the soup was delicious. There was so much on the one platter we split it between the two of us. I couldn't eat all of my HALF plate. The crabcake was huge and it was lump crab! These crabcakes put Virginia crabcakes to shame. It was the best ever!

Visited May 2013