“Birthday Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy eating here can be pricey depending on what you order, but overall I have no complaints.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

silver spring
“Best crabcakes in Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've had two recent visits to Timbuktu for lunch. In both cases, everyone on the group agreed that Timbuktu has the best and largest crab cakes they've ever had.

Crab cakes can be ordered as a platter or a sandwich and with the platter, you can get one or two. One is plenty. These crab cakes are huge. The sandwich comes with fries, which are delicious as well.

Crab cakes can be broiled or fried. I suggest broiled.

Service is friendly, but not very attentive. We had to chase our server down a couple of times.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Something Has Changed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Not being from the area, found this restaurant about 7 years ago and each time in the Baltimore area after that, we made sure we had dinner there. Has been about 2 years since we last dined here and I was so ready. The awesome crabcakes, stuffed shrimp, oysters on the half shell. Well, were we ever disappointed. $14.99 for the oysteres that were the size of a .25 piece....I would have never served them. Then the stuffed shrimp. The description should have said dry crab meat with dry fillers served on top of shrimp jerky. Absolutely horrible. The stuffed oysters, we couldn't even find an oyster, only stuffing. So sad....we will never return. We each had a starter, the oysters on the half shell and the two entrees, stuffed shrimp and stuffed oysters. We had no alcoholic beverages and drank water. The bill was $97.00 for two people.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dothan, Alabama
“Crab Cakes were as Advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Well, in Jessup for business and planning to go to another restraunt but the drive was a bit more than desired. Hotel recommended Timbuktu for Crab Cakes. Sat in the bar area for speed. Split an order of Crab Cakes. They were HUGE and very tasty! Also had an order of Clams Casino and they were very good as well. Service was fast and the waiter was friendly and spot on with his recommendations. I will go again when in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

In a group of four, we each ordered steaks, no one the same, but each person enjoyed his thoroughly. I ordered the Delmonico Ribeye, medium. It was very large and cooked to perfection. The T-bone my friend ordered was massive. The salad and potato were pretty standard, nothing to write home about. I brought a banana pudding type dessert home (the name escapes me)...WOW! Really amazing! No appetizers for the table, steak, beer & dessert, the tab was $215. I look forward to my next visit to try the crabcakes!