“Best crabcakes ever” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
La Jolla, California
“Best crabcakes ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

These are the best crabcakes I've ever had, seriously. And the crab cocktail is also fabulous. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy...so you're not going to be impressed when you walk in and sit down. But once you take a bite of the crab, nothing else matters.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alexandria, VA
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Saw other reviews on this place. Worth the trip. It's kind of a hokey looking building and it probably could use updating inside. However, price, service, value, and quality of food were outstanding. Will go back again.

Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great broiled seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

While working in Maryland, I asked the people I was working with where they would recommend to go for seafood. I was told to go to Timbuktu, which turned out to be only a couple miles from my hotel. I went with a coworker and we sat in the bar area. The service was great and the broiled seafood platter was excellent! I will definitely go back when I am in the area. If I could make a change, I would add beer on tap to the many choices of bottled beer, wine and a full bar. I enjoyed a bottle beer with my meal, but local draft beer would have been better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, Ohio
“Good steak and seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a good steak and my dining companions found the seafood really good. The place is bigger than it looks on the outside and we were seated quickly. Service was good and friendly. I would visit again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California, Maryland
“Great Food but Terrible Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had crab cakes and soft shell crabs for dinner. Love the food!!

The waiter was not helpful and had a bad attitude. It does not make us felt welcome dining at this restaurant.

This is my first visit to the restaurant. I would probably go back and give it another try with a different waiter/waitress.

• Visited September 2012