“Best steakhouse in MD” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
George Martin's Grill Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 100 restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milestone Parkway
Hanover Park, Illinois
“Best steakhouse in MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely dinner I had here tonight. My expectations were low since I haven't enjoyed many steak dinners in MD. On Mondays this restaurant has a large portioned 3 course prix fix dinner. Since my dinner date doesn't eat red meat he has the chopped blue cheese salad " to die for ". A huge portion of chicken Parmesan with egg fettuccine smothered in a light sauce and for dessert deep fried cheese cake with bananas foster and mango sorbet. The whole meal for him was only 19.95. I would have easily paid twice that for the quality of the food. I'm a carnivorous girl from Chicago so I went with the Blt salad. The presentation was beautiful hearts of romain lettuce, chopped smoked bacon and tomatoes in a creamy mayo dressing. It just hit the spot. They brought us out this cute mini loaf of crusty hot cheese bread to accompany our first course. We were eating at the bar and they had a lot of food and drink specials as well for happy hr. We tried the spicy shrimp it was tasty. After the salad I opted for the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection. It came with a giant side of fresh creamed spinach topped with toasted bread crumbs. And some tasty fried onions. I also got the fresh mashed potatoes. Since I'm 8 months pregnant and always hungry I also ordered dessert even though I only ate a quarter of it. I had the moistest fresh baked carrot cake studded with golden raisins and walnuts. Service here is impeccable and I will be sure to take people here when I want to impress them.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Boston
“Service is hot at Grill Fire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family and I recently enjoyed a great dinner at Grill Fire in Hanover (Arundel Mills), Maryland, just outside of DC, off of the Baltimore/Washington Pkwy. It's about 1/2 hr. away from UMaryland, College Park). It's a great switch from fast food on a road trip, and, I'm sure, a great place to eat any time. The service was outstanding. Our waitress, Yemisi, was one of the best we've had in a long time. The food came out quickly and was delicious. The spinach artichoke fondue with chips was excellent and the house garlic, cheesy bread was warm and tasty. There is a wide variety of food for all palettes. They bring cotton candy out for kids...our big kids had to have it too. We also enjoyed a free dessert on the house on our night there (fabulous strawberry shortcake). Hope you can enjoy it for yourself!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“inconsistant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for lunch. Had BLT salad which was very good. Then had loaded mac and cheese. I really enjoyed it. My wife was not as lucky. She had the hamburger requested medium arrived rare to med rare. No one came by to check on us and so she had to eat just the edges. Disappointing.

Visited April 2013
“Overpriced and Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful restaurant, upscale, comfy booths, nice bar area with several flat screens. Our server was attentive and pleasant. We started with the chili pop shrimp, which was slightly spicy and interesting but just okay. The salads seem to be the best option here. The chopped tomato with blue cheese and balsamic drizzle was simply delicious. The portion was large enough to be an entree if paired with steak or chicken. Wish I had done that. My friends ordered the Caesar and neither raved about it. We all had steak. The filet special was average. My steak was not cooked as ordered but the Bordelaise sauce was quite good. Other friend had the ribeye and enjoyed it. There was a special on the Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay. Otherwise, the wines were pricey. We did not order dessert but found the cotton candy to be a nice touch on the restaurant's part. Overall, the food was pretty uninspired and expensive. I would stick with the salad if I were to return here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baldwin, NY
“Surprised to find a Long Island Restaurant in MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have eaten in the original George Martin in Rockville Centre, NY and in the GM Grillfire. This one in MD is in a new development and attached to a hotel. It is beautifully appointed, but the best part is the food and wine specials. We had a wonderful waiter and enjoyed our selctions of food and wine. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited January 2013