Checked in quick and the people were very friendly. I felt totally safe and invited.
It was a room, a decent sized one at that. There was plenty of extra floor space, heck you could easily fit a 3-4 people on the floor if they had sleeping bags.
The room was spotless. Totally clean, didn't look run-down in the slightest. Almost looked brand new, although that could not have been the case. Even the air conditioner, which was a very old model, was in decent condition. It was actually quite comforting, even had nice art on the walls.
TV had a smattering of channels, your run of the mill hotel cable. I didn't see a hair dryer. Wifi was t-mobile pay-for.
There was a huge mirror on the wall, which is normal. The problem I had was it was directly in front of me at the desk. What a dumb place to put it, I don't want to constantly see myself as I'm working on my computer and papers. Should have been placed somewhere else considering how much room was in the place.
There didn't seem to be anything around except for a couple of sit-down restaurants, which I was not in the mood for. There was a chinese take-out nearby too. The problem was I was getting in at midnight and not only were places closed (one of the restaurants may have been open), this place is stuck in a corner that didn't seem to have anything in it. It's weird. There was this half a strip mall, this hotel, and some other building, and that seemed to be it. There wasn't what I would call a real civilization around. I assume an exit or two down the highway there may have been some other stuff but this place seemed rather isolated. At any rate, fortunately there was a pizza delivery phone number on my key card.
As for noise, I could hear people slam doors and conversations outside. Nothing totally strange in terms of what I'd expect from noise level in a place like this. There was slightly more of it than I expected to hear however, and lots more cars in the parking lot than I thought to see as well considering the time I was there (not summer travel time) and how out of the way this place seemed to be. In the morning I kept hearing some incredibly loud buzzing. I had no idea what it was but I believe at the time I was staying there may have been workers trimming tree branches right outside the hotel. Rather ill-timed I must say, but if this was a case of bad luck then I don't know if that should count agains the hotel. At least they started at a "decent" hour (past 10am).
Aside all that, it's fine if you just want a room. Just bring your own food if you're planning on being up late here.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hanover
- Red Roof Inn Hanover
- Hanover Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With newly renovated rooms, and located just off of both I-295 and I-95, Red Roof Plus+ BW Parkway is just 2 miles from the Arundel Mills Mall, home to Medieval Times, Bass Pro Shops, several shopping destinations, and the Maryland Live! Casino! We are 100% Non-Smoking and conveniently located near the Baltimore Convention Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Johns Hopkins University, and many major government and corporate offices, such as the National Security Agency and Northrop Grumman. Red Roof Plus+ BW Parkway is only 7 miles from both the Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI Airport) and Fort Meade, 13 miles southwest of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium (formerly PSINet Stadium). Meanwhile, all the fun of downtown Washington DC is any easy train ride, less than 30 miles away. Don’t feel like dealing with the traffic? Take the light rail to all of Baltimore’s greatest attractions, or the Marc or Amtrak train to Washington DC. We are surrounded by many excellent restaurants (some within walking distance). Our friendly staff is here to make every part of your trip easier – after all, we guarantee that every guest feels confident, significant, and delighted!When you check in, check out the fantastic new amenities in our NextGen ® design rooms! The rooms at this 100% Smoke Free inn feature a stylish, boutique design with all new furniture, spa-inspired bathrooms with modern vessel sinks, new comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, plush high-end bedding, modern design flooring, comfortable new seating and a large, flat-screen TV. Offering Red Roof Inn's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. Red Roof Washington DC BW Parkway is 100% Non-Smoking and renovated with all new rooms. Mini-Refrigerators and microwaves are available in Superior King and Deluxe Double room types. All rooms offer free WiFi. Experience our coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. This location offers “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, as well as pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.