“Nice little place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and was surprisingly really nice place to stay. Easy to find and quiet. There's a few restaurants near by as the room service menus is a little on the expensive side.
Rooms were of a good size and clean. Only downside was the flight path being directly overhead.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here from 18th March 2014 to 20th March and it was not what I expected. Housekeeping did not bother to tidy the rooms for the 2 days and the toiletries weren't replaced. The reception had nice hot coffee, tea and hot water for your use. All in all, it was just an okay place

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were visiting family in Baltimore and stayed here for 3 nights. The price is what sold us to be honest. But the biggest draw is that the rooms are very up to date, modern and CLEAN. We basically just slept and showered there but it was a good stay. The rooms were fairly large as well.

There is nothing right by the hotel. I believe the exit before the hotel before you'll find the mall and some restaurants so stock up if you are out.

Also there is no blow dryer in the room but they will rent you one (just stop at the front desk)
They also don't have coffee makers in the room (boo!) but you can grab a small cup to go at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were in town for one night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Nice room and great price. Joanie at the front desk was awesome. The hotel is near many good places to eat, and the mall is about 3 miles away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at the property. I'm glad to hear Joanie was such a great help to you doing your stay. It was very nice meeting you and your wife, I hope you had a safe trip back home and we hope to see you again very soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Based on my experience, the Red Roof BWI location was clean, safe and the staff was very accommodating. The only problem is the rooms "SMELL PERFUMEY", which I am assuming is carpet deodorizer or something of the sort. Whatever it is, they are using way too much. I had to see three rooms before I found one that I could breath in, and even so, it was still very strong. I've been to many hotels and motels, and none of them smell so strong.

Solution for Red Roof: If the rooms smell, use an oZone machine to remove the odor, and something which your guests won't be sensitive to.

Room Tip: Inspect and smell your room first.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay at the Handover location.
I'm very happy to hear your room was very clean and you felt safe here. Please let me take a moment to apologize about the Perfume Smell. We do use a deodorizer in all of the rooms to give them a fresh smell, but I do understand to much can be very overwhelming especially during the allergy season. I will use the information as a coaching experience for the housekeepers to provide a "Wow" experience for my future guest.
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel was perfect for what I needed during my stay in Hanover. The rooms were recently renovated, everything looked clean and well kept. I was traveling with my dogs and there was a large grass area in back to exercise them. I definitely will stay here again when traveling in the area. I stayed in a Superior King room. It was very roomy with a nice work area, coffee maker, mini-fridge & microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm so happy to hear you and your dog had a great time while you were hear. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the BW Parkway area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We needed a place to stay for just one night on a trip home for the holiday. The hotel was perfect for what we needed. The room was nice, the beds comfortable and the tv and Wi-Fi were adequate for our needs. Both employees that we encountered at the front desk were very friendly and check-in and out was quick and painless. I really liked the hard flooring, it felt cleaner than carpeting.
The issues that we had were minor but did prevent me from giving an excellent rating: There was no guide for the tv channels which made it difficult to find our way around. The Wi-Fi, while we got a good signal, was very slow. Checking email and reading the news is about all it is good for. One of the drawers was full of garbage, obviously it was not checked when the room was cleaned. The interior bathroom doorknob was loose with screws falling out and it did not lock. We stayed mid-week so I don't know if it is true on the weekends but the parking lot was full of work trucks so it appears that most of the people staying there are construction workers. Since the rooms are smoke free, there were many people smoking outside their rooms. Not a huge deal but it was not pleasant walking to and from the room. Also the snack and ice machines are next to the office and since our room was in the next building on the far side I did not feel comfortable letting anyone walk over there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!