“Very nice in many ways” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Baltimore, MD
“Very nice in many ways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

First, the hotel was a nice location. Arundel mills is very close. BWI is very close. Columbia is very close..etc. the hotel was a very reasonable price. It is in walking distance or short drive to several deli/restaurants.
Second, the staff was very nice. The rooms were very clean. I booked the room online so it was also easy. The room was very updated. Nice floors, nice bed, the bathroom was totally remodeled. Nice flat screen tv.
It was an all together very good stay. It is a motel so it's not my ultimate preference but I would choose this over many hotels.
The only thing could improve is parking but that's almost complete out of their control. Very nice place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay in Baltimore. I will share your comments with the staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our completely renovated rooms with new beds, Flat screen TV's, vanities and more...It's the staff's goal to provide outstanding service and accommodations for all of our travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the car rental return at the airport. It was clean and comfortable and served our purpose. It is close to the mall, casino and restaurants which was nice as it gave us something to do the night before we flew out. After checking in at the airport, I realized I had left my hoodie in the motel room. I called the motel the next day and the front desk clerk took my information and said she would look for my hoodie. She called to say it had been located but she would have to wait for her manager to deal with it on Monday. The manager, Curtis called and arranged to have my hoodie shipped to my home address in Canada. I really appreciated the calls he made and the time he took to arrange the return of my hoodie. The service was excellent! Thank you.

Room Tip: We asked for a ground level room because of all of our luggage. The staff was very accommodating.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! It's always encouraging to learn my staff and I were able to meet or exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share this review with the rest of the staff as encouragement to continue the good work. Also, I'm glad your hoodie made it safely back to you. Having been in your position before, I understand the anxiety of leaving something in a hotel room. I am so glad we were able to find your hoodie and get it safely back to you.

If you ever find yourself in the area again, I hope you'll come and visit us again!

central Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First time at a Red Roof in about 5 years. The upgraded beds and furnishings looked nice and worked well. I slept comfortably and felt safe.

The property is at the end of a dead-end road, past where you would expect it to be, so I doubted my GPS as it directed me to it. However, there's a restaurant and an office building next door, so it isn't completely remote.

Room keys repeatedly stopped working, or didn't work from the start.

No breakfast included, and nowhere to get it within walking distance.

It was worth the $70-something/night I paid, but I'll probably try somewhere else next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you mapcat, for taking the time to review my inn. I'm glad you appreciated our newly renovated rooms which include flat screen TVs, updated furnishings, and a brand new mattress. I am confident our rooms can compete in quality and cleanliness with any of the more expensive hotels in the area but the Red Roof Inn BW Parkway is priced to be the absolute best value in the area. Breakfast may not be offered at the property but there are several restaurants nearby, including the Raspberry Deli next door, which offer some tremendous breakfast options. I hope you will reconsider staying here the next time your travel plans bring you to the area - you are more than welcome anytime!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is a little outside of the places I would normally stay but the price was right each time and it was in a convenient location. In some prior reviews, there were criticisms of the rooms smelling, etc., but the hotel has been recently updated and all of the rooms I've been in have been basic but clean, fresh, and nice. I would certainly recommend this hotel for shorter stays and possibly longer ones.

Room Tip: I recommend the upper floor when possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed each fo your stays at our property and have no issues to report. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff as encouragment to keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you find yourself in the Hanover/Greater Baltimore area.
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

What can I say? It's a motel. But with that said, it is a good value. When I travel by myself, I hate to spend the money on a Marriott. I'd rather save the money and stay at a nicer hotel when I have my wife and/or family with me to enjoy the nicer amenities. So, for a 3 or 4 night stay the accomodations are bearable. Especially when you are on business and you basically only sleep here.

The pros are: it is a clean motel. Check-in is easy, and service is good (though there in not need for any service since there are no amenities), free internet, five minute drive from BWI car rental terminal, 3 minute drive from Arundel Mills, where there is plenty of shopping and dining options, convenient to I-95 and I-295. Cons: While it's fairly confortable, it's not the sleeping comfort of a Marriott or some other nice hotel (but again your not paying for it), out side of YOUR room there are no other amenities, and towels that could double as sand paper. But again, for the grade of accomodations and the value, this is a good stay.

This was my second visit. While I much prefer the luxury and comfort of my favorite brand, I prefer even more the cash in my pocket (at half the price for the same four day stay). All a matter of personal priorities. On a side note, I don't recommend the restaurant Gunnings Seafood next door. I am a native Marylander and return here regularly for business. Their food is fair, but their service to visitors is sub-par. They much prefer their regulars. If you want some good Maryland Seafood, plan an evening and find a place in the Baltimore (city) where you will get better food, service and atmosphere. Bo Brooks is a good example and it's right on the water. There are others too, just do a little research.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in the greater Baltimore area.

Millinocket
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The rooms were newly renovated and very clean and comfy. The price was good for the area being next to the airport. The front desk staff got me checked in early and were a great help with directions. If your looking for a good deal and a comfortable clean place close to downtown and the airport this is it. The only thing thing I could complain about is very few TV channels.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room if your alone or with significant other. Room 218 was a wonderful clean nicely...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. It is our goal to have every guest leave our property feeling good about their decision to stay with us and absolutely sure they will come and stay with us again when they return to the area. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our staff as encouragement to keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shamokin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got a really good deal on the room here. I was so suprised how nice it was inside for the price. It was really clean and updated. It was great if you just need a night in. There isn't breakfast or things like that but that's probably why it's so low priced. I'd say go for it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We believe, like many of our guests, in simplicity and economy without giving up quality. We strive to provide every guest with an immaculately clean room, an extremely comfortable stay and a completely safe environment all while delivering on our promise to deliver excellent customer service. We work hard to do all this and still keep our prices the most competitive in the market. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

i0107@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!