“A Decent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is a little outside of the places I would normally stay but the price was right each time and it was in a convenient location. In some prior reviews, there were criticisms of the rooms smelling, etc., but the hotel has been recently updated and all of the rooms I've been in have been basic but clean, fresh, and nice. I would certainly recommend this hotel for shorter stays and possibly longer ones.

Room Tip: I recommend the upper floor when possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed each fo your stays at our property and have no issues to report. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff as encouragment to keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you find yourself in the Hanover/Greater Baltimore area.
i0107@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

What can I say? It's a motel. But with that said, it is a good value. When I travel by myself, I hate to spend the money on a Marriott. I'd rather save the money and stay at a nicer hotel when I have my wife and/or family with me to enjoy the nicer amenities. So, for a 3 or 4 night stay the accomodations are bearable. Especially when you are on business and you basically only sleep here.

The pros are: it is a clean motel. Check-in is easy, and service is good (though there in not need for any service since there are no amenities), free internet, five minute drive from BWI car rental terminal, 3 minute drive from Arundel Mills, where there is plenty of shopping and dining options, convenient to I-95 and I-295. Cons: While it's fairly confortable, it's not the sleeping comfort of a Marriott or some other nice hotel (but again your not paying for it), out side of YOUR room there are no other amenities, and towels that could double as sand paper. But again, for the grade of accomodations and the value, this is a good stay.

This was my second visit. While I much prefer the luxury and comfort of my favorite brand, I prefer even more the cash in my pocket (at half the price for the same four day stay). All a matter of personal priorities. On a side note, I don't recommend the restaurant Gunnings Seafood next door. I am a native Marylander and return here regularly for business. Their food is fair, but their service to visitors is sub-par. They much prefer their regulars. If you want some good Maryland Seafood, plan an evening and find a place in the Baltimore (city) where you will get better food, service and atmosphere. Bo Brooks is a good example and it's right on the water. There are others too, just do a little research.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in the greater Baltimore area.

Millinocket
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The rooms were newly renovated and very clean and comfy. The price was good for the area being next to the airport. The front desk staff got me checked in early and were a great help with directions. If your looking for a good deal and a comfortable clean place close to downtown and the airport this is it. The only thing thing I could complain about is very few TV channels.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room if your alone or with significant other. Room 218 was a wonderful clean nicely...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. It is our goal to have every guest leave our property feeling good about their decision to stay with us and absolutely sure they will come and stay with us again when they return to the area. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our staff as encouragement to keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shamokin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got a really good deal on the room here. I was so suprised how nice it was inside for the price. It was really clean and updated. It was great if you just need a night in. There isn't breakfast or things like that but that's probably why it's so low priced. I'd say go for it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We believe, like many of our guests, in simplicity and economy without giving up quality. We strive to provide every guest with an immaculately clean room, an extremely comfortable stay and a completely safe environment all while delivering on our promise to deliver excellent customer service. We work hard to do all this and still keep our prices the most competitive in the market. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great for me as a business traveler. Close to BWI. Close to Fort Meade. Access to BW Parkway in 4-5 minutes. Great wireless. Clean. Price is unbeatable for the area and the recently renovetd rooms. Staff helpful and friendly. Some things to consider: 1. No shuttle service to/from airport. No breakfast. One small diner within walking distance. Near, not directly under one of the BWI approaches. No fitness center or pool. May not be the best selection for family travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were only staying for the morning as we had a red eye and needed some sleep before commuting to the ferry terminal for a cruise in the afternoon.

The room was clean, nicely laid out and warm (I had to turn the heat down a little as it was too hot). There were plenty of sockets for recharging our electronic devices which were getting low on power after a day of travelling.

The price was perfect for a quick stopover and it had a free BWI airport shuttle which was quick to come and get us once we notified them.

They even ordered a taxi for us and let us know when the taxi arrived to take us to the ferry terminal.

Excellent service all around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. I believe you may have stayed at our sister property though, the Red Roof Inn Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport. I will be sure to share your comments with the manager so he can congratulate his team. While this property does not offer a shuttle, we are also newly renovated and I encourage you to give us a chance to exceed your expectations as well. Thank you again and I hope you'll continue to think of Red Roof Inn for all of your travel needs!

Hagerstown,Md
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Upon our checkin they gave us a key to an occupied room, that being being said the other customer was in the shower and their wallet, jewelry and laptop laying in plain sight-had we not been honest people could have been a nightmare for them-although there was a privacy latch on the door that they did not choose to use. Once we did receive our unoccupied room, towels like using burlap, in room coffee maker did not work called the desk and were told they could not do anything about that tonight, also requested a wakeup call for an am flight-that we never received but luckily we were already up. Also did not care for the fact people walked by our door all hours of night-alot of night owls. I have used Holiday Inn express in the past-no comparison will never make that mistake again to save a very few dollars, definitely not worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the experience that our guests have come to expect from our hotel. The safety of our guests are our top priority and I will investigate to find out what happened to cause you to be checked into an occupied room and will ensure that this is corrected for the future. I will also be sure to share the rest of your comments with our front desk staff as a training tool to improve our service. We appreciate you choosing us and hope that you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Warm Regards,

Red Roof Inn BW Parkway

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!