“Very nice, but map has it in wrong location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Very nice, but map has it in wrong location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed there 11/1/12 after being diverted (by Google Maps) to the northeast side of Rt. 100 and another hotel location entirely.
This Red Roof Inn is actually located on the southwest side of Rt. 100 on: Parkway Dr. SOUTH.
Take note of this if you intend to take advantage of this nice facility at a good price.
The lack of a "location" below is not to their disadvantage; it was Google Maps' fault they were
shown to be "in the middle" of Rt. 100. Not!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am glad you were able to find us, despite google maps having us in the wrong location. It is true, our address is 7306 Parkway Drive South and if you fail to input the word "South" on many navigation devices you will be brought to the wrong location. I have been working with several websites to get this corrected and I am optimistic I will have all of the maps online corrected in the near future. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Warm regards,
i0107@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was at the end of a recent vacation and had wanted to find a place to stay close to the Baltimore Airport. After searching several websites and not finding a decent priced hotel, I took a chance and went on Hotwire and found a hotel with high ratings and a good price. When I found out it was a Red Roof Inn, I was pleasantly surprised and looked forward to my stay.

The first thing to note is if you are using a GPS to get to this location, make sure you put in the whole address. I had followed my GPS and ended up across the highway near the Ramada but with a similar address. I was about to give up but then reprogrammed the GPS and found the correct place. Also note that you have to go on the service road about a half mile from the highway to get to this location, passing a couple of bar/grill type places and other businesses.

I get there and the check-in was fast and friendly. When I got to my room and opened the door, I thought I was in the wrong place. The room looked brand new with hardwood floors and the beds were inviting. Even the flat screen TV gave this room a very modern look as did the desk and chair.

It was a very good stay even though I was getting myself reorganized for the trip home. The bed was comfortable and the coffee in the lobby was great. I didn't mind the absence of a full breakfast as I had a bigger meal later in the morning.

Kudos to the front office clerk the following morning as he showed me a very easy way to get to the gas station before heading to the car rental return at the airport.

All in all a very good stay at a gem of a hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again if the opportunity presents itself as its very convenient to the city (15 minute drive at the most) and its close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in the greater Baltimore area.

Martinez, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Maybe my expectations were too high, having read the remodeling reviews and having stayed at a very nice Red Roof in another area of Maryland years ago. I don't have any serious problems with this hotel but it was nothing special and it took awhile to adjust to not having some of the features I look for (fridge, microwave, etc). Probably best suited for people staying one night, before or after a flight out of BWI.

I stayed in room 217. No problem with airport noise but I did have a noise issue with some of the construction workers staying near my room who revved up their trucks very early in the morning and their early morning conversations in the parking lot woke me up. One morning, I was also awakened by someone next door taking a shower at 5:30am. Loud plumbing noises. Also, since the hotel/motel does not have interior hallways, I could hear the highway noise on MD 100 nearby. Something to get used to and possibly a challenge for light sleepers.

The only smoking issue was that several people seemed to be hanging out near their doors, smoking outside. The only "scent" inside the room was the A/C unit smelling like mildew when I turned it on. I left it off. Fortunately, the weather complied.

Other than the numerous bugs in the room the first night and the safe being locked shut by the previous guest, I didn't have any problems. Pillow was hard and the towels are small and scratchy, but that's about what I expected and my sleep was fairly comfortable.

As others have said (so I won't repeat in detail), the new decor is pleasant and attractive (hues of red, dark brown and tan) and it was nice to have the new flat screen TV. Not very many channels though. Fortunately, they did have TBS for the baseball play-offs. Other than that, not much variety.

The lighting was good, the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of mirrors. Beds were double, in contrast to where we stayed the previous few days down the road, where we had two queens. The standard room seemed small, with almost no room on one side of one of the doubles. Also, someone mentioned hardwood floors --- they are laminate (not hardwood, in 217 at least) but it was a pleasant alternative to carpet.

Room had a small desk, one nightstand and one dresser and an area to hang clothes (no closet). Upgraded sink is in the room, rather than in the bathroom. Both chairs (side chair and ergonomic desk chair) were comfortable.

Even though the accoutraments were spare (no coffee, iron, hair dryer in room; no continental breakfast or shuttle; no lotion or iron or notepad/paper, etc.), the thing that matters the most to me (free wireless) worked perfectly each time, so I would return just for that.

I was gone all day so only met the evening staff but Ron was friendly and helpful at check-in and also in handling the weird bugs (not bed bugs but there seems to be a lot of them as I saw them in other places when wandering in the Baltimore area) and in getting my safe open.

The Hanover Red Roof is a workable option for people who need to be near BWI for an early flight. I've stayed in 8 different BWI hotels over the last few years (usually for a week each) and would return to this facility, knowing what to expect next time. It's missing a lot of the "extras" but the basics are all there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We believe, like many of our guests, in simplicity and economy without giving up quality. This isn’t about eliminating frills; it’s about focusing on the meaningful. With this in mind, we have created room types with added amenities like a microwave, mini-fridge, in-room coffee, and iron and ironing board and then there are room types without all of these added amenities. This way, we allow our guests to decide if they would like to purchase the upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The extensive remodeling done by Red Roofs across the board makes this location a great place to stay. Still the Red Roof low pricing, amenities at whatever level you choose, but with the new paint, schemes, and furniture, non smoking 100%, this is a clean and comfortable bargain. Even with its proximity to the airport it is a quiet nights rest. Location has plenty of nearby things to do, mall, casino, and walking distance eateries. Accessable to Balto area attractions as well. I would highly reccomend both for pleasure or business travel. I have done both at this location and all my stays were good ones. Staff rates 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: Choose a King suite.. get a microwave, in-room coffee, and a fridge for only a little more $.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We, at Red Roof Inn, are committed to providing a clean, comfortable room at a great price. In order to do so, we need to understand our guests and recognize when our product needs an update. We listened to our guests and we've responded with a great new product at a great price. I am really happy to see our guests recognize the value in the product we’ve come up with and appreciate the effort our team made. Thank you! I hope we see you and yours again very soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Red Roof is not my favorite chain of hotel to stay at..but this particular location might start to change that.. Great Price for a room in this area.. near BWI...

The room was completely renovated, CLEAN, no smell, comfortable. The outdoor stairs and concrete walkways were very clean and not stained as so many other Red Roof locations are.

100% non smoking, free internet, parking and coffee.

The neighborhood is typical suburban near an airport.. I felt very safe with the neighborhood and with the other guests staying there.

Try to get a room in the back building facing the back on the 2nd floor. Very quiet and private.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I’m very happy to hear you have chosen to place your loyalty with Red Roof Inn. As a brand, we have listened to our guests and redesigned our rooms to meet and exceed their needs. We are very proud of the product we’ve come up with. I look forward to you visiting our property again.

Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was happy with my stay here. I was prepared by reading the other reviews to bring an iron and a hair dryer, and there is coffee in the lobby-not in the room. The rooms are renovated with hardwood floors, flatscreen tv, and a granite counter and art deco sink. I did not smell any smoke or hear any noise. it is motel-style. There's a seafood restaurant and deli almost in the parking lot but if you have a car, there's every theme restaurant imaginable by the mall(and a casino). It was fine for me, one overnight stay for business and out.

Room Tip: i did not ask for a particular room(hotwire)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn BW Parkway. Our newly renovated rooms include brand new mattresses, flat screen TV's, contemporary furniture and hardwood floors. These rooms were designed so we could compete with any hotel brand in quality; however, we make sure to sell our rooms at rates that ensure we are the absolute best value in the area. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'll be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff.

Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rooms are comfortable and stylish. PROBLEM: 100% smoke-free is more like 100% smoke-FEST! Stay away if you are a non-smoker, asthmatic or allergy sufferer. While promising a smoke-free hotel is a great marketing tool, ultimately it destroys the Inn's credibility. You are asked to sign a statement that if you smoke in the room, you could be fined $200.00. Yet there is no attempt by staff to enforce the smoking ban. Should you ask for assistance, they simply offer ridiculous excuses or change the subject.
How tough is it to make a courtesy call to rooms of identified smokers advising that may be fined? How tough is it to have the cleaning staff report any signs of smoking or the smell of cigarettes? How tough is upon check-in to reinforce the message that indoor smoking is not tolerated? Step outside away from the building. What a disappointment and health hazard. Coughing in Hanover.... but nevermore.

Room Tip: Don't expect 100% smoke-free environment. Prominently advertised, but not enforced.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with me and I am glad we were able to quickly resolve your concerns while you were still a guest with us and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay. I want you to know we are committed to being a 100% smoke free facility. For our guests who do smoke, we require they stay 25 feet from the building so they do not disturb our other guests. I am sorry this was ever an issue and we will work harder in the future to ensure that our no smoking policy is properly enforced.

i0107@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!