I was at the end of a recent vacation and had wanted to find a place to stay close to the Baltimore Airport. After searching several websites and not finding a decent priced hotel, I took a chance and went on Hotwire and found a hotel with high ratings and a good price. When I found out it was a Red Roof Inn, I was pleasantly surprised and looked forward to my stay.
The first thing to note is if you are using a GPS to get to this location, make sure you put in the whole address. I had followed my GPS and ended up across the highway near the Ramada but with a similar address. I was about to give up but then reprogrammed the GPS and found the correct place. Also note that you have to go on the service road about a half mile from the highway to get to this location, passing a couple of bar/grill type places and other businesses.
I get there and the check-in was fast and friendly. When I got to my room and opened the door, I thought I was in the wrong place. The room looked brand new with hardwood floors and the beds were inviting. Even the flat screen TV gave this room a very modern look as did the desk and chair.
It was a very good stay even though I was getting myself reorganized for the trip home. The bed was comfortable and the coffee in the lobby was great. I didn't mind the absence of a full breakfast as I had a bigger meal later in the morning.
Kudos to the front office clerk the following morning as he showed me a very easy way to get to the gas station before heading to the car rental return at the airport.
All in all a very good stay at a gem of a hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again if the opportunity presents itself as its very convenient to the city (15 minute drive at the most) and its close to the airport.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hanover
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Hanover
- Hanover Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With newly renovated rooms, and located just off of both I-295 and I-95, Red Roof BW Parkway is just 2 miles from the Arundel Mills Mall, home to Medieval Times, Bass Pro Shops, several shopping destinations, and the Maryland Live! Casino! We are 100% Non-Smoking and conveniently located near the Baltimore Convention Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Johns Hopkins University, and many major government and corporate offices, such as the National Security Agency and Northrop Grumman. Red Roof BW Parkway is only 7 miles from both the Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI Airport) and Fort Meade, 13 miles southwest of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium (formerly PSINet Stadium). Meanwhile, all the fun of downtown Washington DC is any easy train ride, less than 30 miles away. Don’t feel like dealing with the traffic? Take the light rail to all of Baltimore’s greatest attractions, or the Marc or Amtrak train to Washington DC. We are surrounded by many excellent restaurants (some within walking distance). Our friendly staff is here to make every part of your trip easier – after all, we guarantee that every guest feels confident, significant, and delighted!When you check in, check out the fantastic new amenities in our NextGen ® design rooms! The rooms at this 100% Smoke Free inn feature a stylish, boutique design with all new furniture, spa-inspired bathrooms with modern vessel sinks, new comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, plush high-end bedding, modern design flooring, comfortable new seating and a large, flat-screen TV. Offering Red Roof Inn's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. Red Roof Washington DC BW Parkway is 100% Non-Smoking and renovated with all new rooms. Mini-Refrigerators and microwaves are available in Superior King and Deluxe Double room types. All rooms offer free WiFi. Experience our coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. This location offers “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, as well as pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Hotwire, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Red Roof Inn Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.