Maybe my expectations were too high, having read the remodeling reviews and having stayed at a very nice Red Roof in another area of Maryland years ago. I don't have any serious problems with this hotel but it was nothing special and it took awhile to adjust to not having some of the features I look for (fridge, microwave, etc). Probably best suited for people staying one night, before or after a flight out of BWI.
I stayed in room 217. No problem with airport noise but I did have a noise issue with some of the construction workers staying near my room who revved up their trucks very early in the morning and their early morning conversations in the parking lot woke me up. One morning, I was also awakened by someone next door taking a shower at 5:30am. Loud plumbing noises. Also, since the hotel/motel does not have interior hallways, I could hear the highway noise on MD 100 nearby. Something to get used to and possibly a challenge for light sleepers.
The only smoking issue was that several people seemed to be hanging out near their doors, smoking outside. The only "scent" inside the room was the A/C unit smelling like mildew when I turned it on. I left it off. Fortunately, the weather complied.
Other than the numerous bugs in the room the first night and the safe being locked shut by the previous guest, I didn't have any problems. Pillow was hard and the towels are small and scratchy, but that's about what I expected and my sleep was fairly comfortable.
As others have said (so I won't repeat in detail), the new decor is pleasant and attractive (hues of red, dark brown and tan) and it was nice to have the new flat screen TV. Not very many channels though. Fortunately, they did have TBS for the baseball play-offs. Other than that, not much variety.
The lighting was good, the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of mirrors. Beds were double, in contrast to where we stayed the previous few days down the road, where we had two queens. The standard room seemed small, with almost no room on one side of one of the doubles. Also, someone mentioned hardwood floors --- they are laminate (not hardwood, in 217 at least) but it was a pleasant alternative to carpet.
Room had a small desk, one nightstand and one dresser and an area to hang clothes (no closet). Upgraded sink is in the room, rather than in the bathroom. Both chairs (side chair and ergonomic desk chair) were comfortable.
Even though the accoutraments were spare (no coffee, iron, hair dryer in room; no continental breakfast or shuttle; no lotion or iron or notepad/paper, etc.), the thing that matters the most to me (free wireless) worked perfectly each time, so I would return just for that.
I was gone all day so only met the evening staff but Ron was friendly and helpful at check-in and also in handling the weird bugs (not bed bugs but there seems to be a lot of them as I saw them in other places when wandering in the Baltimore area) and in getting my safe open.
The Hanover Red Roof is a workable option for people who need to be near BWI for an early flight. I've stayed in 8 different BWI hotels over the last few years (usually for a week each) and would return to this facility, knowing what to expect next time. It's missing a lot of the "extras" but the basics are all there.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hanover
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Hanover
- Hanover Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With newly renovated rooms, and located just off of both I-295 and I-95, Red Roof BW Parkway is just 2 miles from the Arundel Mills Mall, home to Medieval Times, Bass Pro Shops, several shopping destinations, and the Maryland Live! Casino! We are 100% Non-Smoking and conveniently located near the Baltimore Convention Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Johns Hopkins University, and many major government and corporate offices, such as the National Security Agency and Northrop Grumman. Red Roof BW Parkway is only 7 miles from both the Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI Airport) and Fort Meade, 13 miles southwest of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium (formerly PSINet Stadium). Meanwhile, all the fun of downtown Washington DC is any easy train ride, less than 30 miles away. Don’t feel like dealing with the traffic? Take the light rail to all of Baltimore’s greatest attractions, or the Marc or Amtrak train to Washington DC. We are surrounded by many excellent restaurants (some within walking distance). Our friendly staff is here to make every part of your trip easier – after all, we guarantee that every guest feels confident, significant, and delighted!When you check in, check out the fantastic new amenities in our NextGen ® design rooms! The rooms at this 100% Smoke Free inn feature a stylish, boutique design with all new furniture, spa-inspired bathrooms with modern vessel sinks, new comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, plush high-end bedding, modern design flooring, comfortable new seating and a large, flat-screen TV. Offering Red Roof Inn's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. Red Roof Washington DC BW Parkway is 100% Non-Smoking and renovated with all new rooms. Mini-Refrigerators and microwaves are available in Superior King and Deluxe Double room types. All rooms offer free WiFi. Experience our coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. This location offers “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, as well as pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Red Roof Inn, EasyToBook, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.