“great for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Toms River, New Jersey
“great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was happy with my stay here. I was prepared by reading the other reviews to bring an iron and a hair dryer, and there is coffee in the lobby-not in the room. The rooms are renovated with hardwood floors, flatscreen tv, and a granite counter and art deco sink. I did not smell any smoke or hear any noise. it is motel-style. There's a seafood restaurant and deli almost in the parking lot but if you have a car, there's every theme restaurant imaginable by the mall(and a casino). It was fine for me, one overnight stay for business and out.

Room Tip: i did not ask for a particular room(hotwire)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn BW Parkway. Our newly renovated rooms include brand new mattresses, flat screen TV's, contemporary furniture and hardwood floors. These rooms were designed so we could compete with any hotel brand in quality; however, we make sure to sell our rooms at rates that ensure we are the absolute best value in the area. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'll be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rooms are comfortable and stylish. PROBLEM: 100% smoke-free is more like 100% smoke-FEST! Stay away if you are a non-smoker, asthmatic or allergy sufferer. While promising a smoke-free hotel is a great marketing tool, ultimately it destroys the Inn's credibility. You are asked to sign a statement that if you smoke in the room, you could be fined $200.00. Yet there is no attempt by staff to enforce the smoking ban. Should you ask for assistance, they simply offer ridiculous excuses or change the subject.
How tough is it to make a courtesy call to rooms of identified smokers advising that may be fined? How tough is it to have the cleaning staff report any signs of smoking or the smell of cigarettes? How tough is upon check-in to reinforce the message that indoor smoking is not tolerated? Step outside away from the building. What a disappointment and health hazard. Coughing in Hanover.... but nevermore.

Room Tip: Don't expect 100% smoke-free environment. Prominently advertised, but not enforced.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with me and I am glad we were able to quickly resolve your concerns while you were still a guest with us and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay. I want you to know we are committed to being a 100% smoke free facility. For our guests who do smoke, we require they stay 25 feet from the building so they do not disturb our other guests. I am sorry this was ever an issue and we will work harder in the future to ensure that our no smoking policy is properly enforced.

Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stumbled upon this property, pre-purchasing "blind" through Hotwire, looking for affordable room as we had a 6 a.m. flight from BWI the follwoing morning. This is a NEWLY renovated property...very basic, but clean, suburban light industrial/office area (not near any housing of any kind), close to BWI...just 5 miles and a 10-minute drive in the morning for our flight. A couple of places to eat nearby, including Timbuktu (2 minutes away) where we had the best steak outside of the Midwest we had ever ordered. Outstanding service as well. Wonderful surprise. I saw the 'end of the runway' comment...this was not a factor for us. No coffee in the room...no big deal. Wifi was strong. Great TV. We'll try this place again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive King to get coffee and other amenitoies in your room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing to stay with Red Roof. I will pass your comments on to the staff as encouragement to continue providing a great experience for our guests.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Overall, it was a decent experience. You get what you pay for so we knew this was the Ritz! Employees were nice, the only issue we had was the room smelled of smoke and we were in a non-smoking room. Not sure if smell came thru vents from other rooms but that was the only complaint we had. Other then that we as a family would recommend this place for other families :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am glad to hear hyour experience was, overall, a positive one. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am extremely disappointed to hear about the cigarette odor in the rooms. Please know this is not a typical experience, especially since we converted to 100% Smoke Free hotel following our renovation. If we ever do find a room with a odor we do everything in our power to eliminate the odor before renting the room again. I hope you'll give us another chance to show you how a real Red Roof Inn experience should go some time in the near future!

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This motel was very recently renovated but Red Roof still needs to work on extras. New flat screen tv, beds, fixtures and furniture but you still know you're staying at a motel. When other competitors have added amenities like continental breakfast the roof has not, but you can get a cup of coffee in the office. Note for sales people; you have to ask for irons and boards which most chains have in the rooms. They also still require a safe fee, unless you prepay online. It is close to the airport and there is some noise but I slept well. The motel is at the end of a cul-de-sac next to a freeway which is poorly marked to let you know which exit to take, mapquest address.

Room Tip: Request a room between the buildings.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was, overall, a positive experience. I want you to know we are 100% committed to providing our guests the most ‘bang for their buck’ here at Red Roof Inn BW Parkway. With this in mind, we have created room types with added amenities like a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker in the room and then there are room types without these added amenities. This way, we allow our guests to decide if they would like to purchase the upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stay at a Red Roof in this area at least once a year due to Newfoundland Dog events in this area. NORMALLY, I stay at the Red Roof up the road in Jessup, Fort Meade. I NOW know why the one where I normally stay was double the price for the particular weekend of my last dog event. IT IS ON THE LANDING PATH TO A MAJOR AIRPORT. As previous reviews have mentioned, the noise is BAD.

Plus, the A/C in my room was noisey as well. FORTUNATELY, I remove my hearing aids when I sleep. Which brings up the point: I wear hearing aids and STILL had trouble with the noise.

Other than the noise, the hotel was actually "average" for a Red Roof.

I guess that you get what you pay for; I'm going back to the Red Roof in Jessup / Ft Meade for my trip this coming September.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
I want you to know that your experience was an exception and not the rule - it is very rare for the noise from the airport to be anything more than a distant humming noise. I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback and it saddens me to hear we have missed our goal of complete satisfaction. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Really nice rooms, handy location but absolutely awful in terms of sleeping. Had expected some level of sound insulation given the proximity to the airport, but despite being directly on the flightpath, the rooms celarly have no soundproofing. At 5am the aircraft noise was loud enough to wake me and keep me awake as another plane took off every few minutes.

Nice as the rooms are, as an airport hotel this one is pretty awful as sleep is virtually impossible. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. Our goal is to exceed all guests expectation and it sounds like you enjoyed your room and our location and we appreciate the feedback on the noise level. Being an airport location we try to make sure we are creating a comfortable environment for all of our guests and we will take the feedback and continue to do so.

i0107@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!