“Great BWI airport sleepover option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Wichita, Kansas
“Great BWI airport sleepover option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stumbled upon this property, pre-purchasing "blind" through Hotwire, looking for affordable room as we had a 6 a.m. flight from BWI the follwoing morning. This is a NEWLY renovated property...very basic, but clean, suburban light industrial/office area (not near any housing of any kind), close to BWI...just 5 miles and a 10-minute drive in the morning for our flight. A couple of places to eat nearby, including Timbuktu (2 minutes away) where we had the best steak outside of the Midwest we had ever ordered. Outstanding service as well. Wonderful surprise. I saw the 'end of the runway' comment...this was not a factor for us. No coffee in the room...no big deal. Wifi was strong. Great TV. We'll try this place again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive King to get coffee and other amenitoies in your room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing to stay with Red Roof. I will pass your comments on to the staff as encouragement to continue providing a great experience for our guests.

i0107@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Overall, it was a decent experience. You get what you pay for so we knew this was the Ritz! Employees were nice, the only issue we had was the room smelled of smoke and we were in a non-smoking room. Not sure if smell came thru vents from other rooms but that was the only complaint we had. Other then that we as a family would recommend this place for other families :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am glad to hear hyour experience was, overall, a positive one. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am extremely disappointed to hear about the cigarette odor in the rooms. Please know this is not a typical experience, especially since we converted to 100% Smoke Free hotel following our renovation. If we ever do find a room with a odor we do everything in our power to eliminate the odor before renting the room again. I hope you'll give us another chance to show you how a real Red Roof Inn experience should go some time in the near future!

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This motel was very recently renovated but Red Roof still needs to work on extras. New flat screen tv, beds, fixtures and furniture but you still know you're staying at a motel. When other competitors have added amenities like continental breakfast the roof has not, but you can get a cup of coffee in the office. Note for sales people; you have to ask for irons and boards which most chains have in the rooms. They also still require a safe fee, unless you prepay online. It is close to the airport and there is some noise but I slept well. The motel is at the end of a cul-de-sac next to a freeway which is poorly marked to let you know which exit to take, mapquest address.

Room Tip: Request a room between the buildings.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was, overall, a positive experience. I want you to know we are 100% committed to providing our guests the most ‘bang for their buck’ here at Red Roof Inn BW Parkway. With this in mind, we have created room types with added amenities like a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker in the room and then there are room types without these added amenities. This way, we allow our guests to decide if they would like to purchase the upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stay at a Red Roof in this area at least once a year due to Newfoundland Dog events in this area. NORMALLY, I stay at the Red Roof up the road in Jessup, Fort Meade. I NOW know why the one where I normally stay was double the price for the particular weekend of my last dog event. IT IS ON THE LANDING PATH TO A MAJOR AIRPORT. As previous reviews have mentioned, the noise is BAD.

Plus, the A/C in my room was noisey as well. FORTUNATELY, I remove my hearing aids when I sleep. Which brings up the point: I wear hearing aids and STILL had trouble with the noise.

Other than the noise, the hotel was actually "average" for a Red Roof.

I guess that you get what you pay for; I'm going back to the Red Roof in Jessup / Ft Meade for my trip this coming September.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
I want you to know that your experience was an exception and not the rule - it is very rare for the noise from the airport to be anything more than a distant humming noise. I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback and it saddens me to hear we have missed our goal of complete satisfaction. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Really nice rooms, handy location but absolutely awful in terms of sleeping. Had expected some level of sound insulation given the proximity to the airport, but despite being directly on the flightpath, the rooms celarly have no soundproofing. At 5am the aircraft noise was loud enough to wake me and keep me awake as another plane took off every few minutes.

Nice as the rooms are, as an airport hotel this one is pretty awful as sleep is virtually impossible. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. Our goal is to exceed all guests expectation and it sounds like you enjoyed your room and our location and we appreciate the feedback on the noise level. Being an airport location we try to make sure we are creating a comfortable environment for all of our guests and we will take the feedback and continue to do so.

Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm now a red roof convert. This is the 2nd red roof I've stayed in on this trip and the quality is very consistent and at such a great price.

Reception was friendly. The room was beautiful and classy, spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed so comfortable and I'm so glad I stopped here for the night. It's the perfect hotel for comfort and that good night's rest.

The sink is a little small, but they provide a shelf to the side for all your items, solving this issue. One minor irk is the tv was oddly place to the far right corner of the room, with no ability to swivel it round but you still get a clear view, just thought it an odd place to put it.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. A perfect stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 1st floor (ground floor) as it's convenient to park your car directly in fron...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I’m very happy to hear you have chosen to place your loyalty with Red Roof Inn. As a brand, we have listened to our guests and redesigned our rooms to meet and exceed their needs. We are very proud of the product we’ve come up with. I look forward to you visiting our property again.

cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights on a business trip that we turned into a short family vacation to DC. The clerks were all so friendly and VERY helpful. Rooms were very nice. Bathroom a bit small but absolutely could not complain for the price paid. Make sure to choose the superior room as it includes a microwave and fridge. Located just a short trip to the airport and the Amtrak station. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and my staff was able to enhance your experience. We strive to make our guests feel confident, significant and delighted each and every time they choose to stay with us. Thank you for your comments and please consider us again next time you're in the area.

i0107@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!