“At the End of a Runway, 'Nuff Said” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Williamsburg, Virginia
“At the End of a Runway, 'Nuff Said”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stay at a Red Roof in this area at least once a year due to Newfoundland Dog events in this area. NORMALLY, I stay at the Red Roof up the road in Jessup, Fort Meade. I NOW know why the one where I normally stay was double the price for the particular weekend of my last dog event. IT IS ON THE LANDING PATH TO A MAJOR AIRPORT. As previous reviews have mentioned, the noise is BAD.

Plus, the A/C in my room was noisey as well. FORTUNATELY, I remove my hearing aids when I sleep. Which brings up the point: I wear hearing aids and STILL had trouble with the noise.

Other than the noise, the hotel was actually "average" for a Red Roof.

I guess that you get what you pay for; I'm going back to the Red Roof in Jessup / Ft Meade for my trip this coming September.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I want you to know that your experience was an exception and not the rule - it is very rare for the noise from the airport to be anything more than a distant humming noise. I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback and it saddens me to hear we have missed our goal of complete satisfaction. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

i0107@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Really nice rooms, handy location but absolutely awful in terms of sleeping. Had expected some level of sound insulation given the proximity to the airport, but despite being directly on the flightpath, the rooms celarly have no soundproofing. At 5am the aircraft noise was loud enough to wake me and keep me awake as another plane took off every few minutes.

Nice as the rooms are, as an airport hotel this one is pretty awful as sleep is virtually impossible. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. Our goal is to exceed all guests expectation and it sounds like you enjoyed your room and our location and we appreciate the feedback on the noise level. Being an airport location we try to make sure we are creating a comfortable environment for all of our guests and we will take the feedback and continue to do so.

Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm now a red roof convert. This is the 2nd red roof I've stayed in on this trip and the quality is very consistent and at such a great price.

Reception was friendly. The room was beautiful and classy, spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed so comfortable and I'm so glad I stopped here for the night. It's the perfect hotel for comfort and that good night's rest.

The sink is a little small, but they provide a shelf to the side for all your items, solving this issue. One minor irk is the tv was oddly place to the far right corner of the room, with no ability to swivel it round but you still get a clear view, just thought it an odd place to put it.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. A perfect stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 1st floor (ground floor) as it's convenient to park your car directly in fron...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I’m very happy to hear you have chosen to place your loyalty with Red Roof Inn. As a brand, we have listened to our guests and redesigned our rooms to meet and exceed their needs. We are very proud of the product we’ve come up with. I look forward to you visiting our property again.

cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights on a business trip that we turned into a short family vacation to DC. The clerks were all so friendly and VERY helpful. Rooms were very nice. Bathroom a bit small but absolutely could not complain for the price paid. Make sure to choose the superior room as it includes a microwave and fridge. Located just a short trip to the airport and the Amtrak station. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and my staff was able to enhance your experience. We strive to make our guests feel confident, significant and delighted each and every time they choose to stay with us. Thank you for your comments and please consider us again next time you're in the area.

Montréal, Qc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We travelled from Canada me and my friend on May 11th 2012. When we got there, the very nice clerk Success made it easier and very quick for us to get our room keys. She is AMAZING this girl.

When we got to the room, we noticed how small the room was, but hey we wouldn't complain for the price we paid through Expedia! (Cheaper then on Red Roof website)

While checking out the bathroom this HUGE spider was in the bathtub! And I'm scared of spiders, my friend killed it! Thank God! We noticed a little smell in the room I called the front desk, right away the lady came to spray the room.

But later at night this is went everything went down.... We got back from the restaurants at the nearby Arundell Mills (lots of restaurants around there) We found a tons of ants in the room! It was disgusting. We were really unhappy about the whole situation, not only that it was around 12:30 and we had to change rooms and we had taken a deluxe room with a fridge and microwave, so we had stuff in the fridge. Thank God my boyfriend was there to help up changed room. I appreciated the fact that they gave us one night free. But I finally had to call Expedia myself to have this resolve with my credit card. It was a pain. Overall you get what you paid for. The front desk staff are AMAZING (Success is the most client attentionate clerk I've ever met in my life)

But when you book trhough Expedia the fact that they don't have access to your payment info and everything makes it difficult for situation like mine to get reimbursed right away....

Will I go back. Yes because of the price.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the last building in the back...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It saddens me to hear that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction. I am so sorry about the ants in your room and I want you to know we do everything in our power to prevent situations like these. Please know your experience was the exception and not a typical experience.

I also thought you should know, you can always find the lowest price for any room on the Red Roof website. Also, by booking through the our site directly, it is much easier to modify your billing.

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Was in a bind near BWI and did a search reasonably priced hotels in the area (fairly expensive everywhere else) and ended up staying at the Red Roof. From the outside it looks like a normal budget hotel, but the friendly staff and recently renovated rooms were great. Located a few miles from Baltimore International Airport and Arundel Mills Mall (Awesome outlet mall with great restaurants and shopping), the hotel was clean, had free Wifi, and was just a very nice surprise to me. Amazing value hotel. Furthermore, next door, there is a great little restaurant called Rasberry Deli where you can get great sandwiches, salads and even breakfast for a good price. I only got the chance to stay one night, but was hoping that my flight the next day was cancelled so I could stay a little longer.

Room Tip: I messed up and clicked on swimming pool and fitness center...they don't have either.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
While I am sorry to hear you were in a bind, I’m glad you chose us for your lodging needs. It’s always nice to hear when a guest was satisfied with their stay and I’m glad you found our location to be convenient. If you’re ever in a bind again, or feel like visiting for any other reason, I certainly hope you’ll stay with us again.

smithtown,ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here one night on our trip from Florida to NY and were totally satisfied with one exception. The rooms met all the promises that had been advertised regarding the renovations.
Our mistake, which will be rectified on our next visit was to reserve a basic room rather than a superior room as we missed the micro and fridge. However, even in that level room, a simple coffee maker would not seem unreasonable. Front desk was cooperative in providing a hair drier since they had not yet been installed in the rooms.
In total, an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was, overall, a positive experience. I want you to know we are 100% committed to providing our guests the most ‘bang for their buck’ here at Red Roof Inn BW Parkway. With this in mind, we have created room types with added amenities like a microwave and mini-fridge and/or a coffee maker in the room and then there are room types without these added amenities. This way, we allow our guests to decide if they would like to purchase the upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

i0107@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!