“Fantastic for the price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7306 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Hanover
cincinnati
“Fantastic for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights on a business trip that we turned into a short family vacation to DC. The clerks were all so friendly and VERY helpful. Rooms were very nice. Bathroom a bit small but absolutely could not complain for the price paid. Make sure to choose the superior room as it includes a microwave and fridge. Located just a short trip to the airport and the Amtrak station. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and my staff was able to enhance your experience. We strive to make our guests feel confident, significant and delighted each and every time they choose to stay with us. Thank you for your comments and please consider us again next time you're in the area.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Montréal, Qc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We travelled from Canada me and my friend on May 11th 2012. When we got there, the very nice clerk Success made it easier and very quick for us to get our room keys. She is AMAZING this girl.

When we got to the room, we noticed how small the room was, but hey we wouldn't complain for the price we paid through Expedia! (Cheaper then on Red Roof website)

While checking out the bathroom this HUGE spider was in the bathtub! And I'm scared of spiders, my friend killed it! Thank God! We noticed a little smell in the room I called the front desk, right away the lady came to spray the room.

But later at night this is went everything went down.... We got back from the restaurants at the nearby Arundell Mills (lots of restaurants around there) We found a tons of ants in the room! It was disgusting. We were really unhappy about the whole situation, not only that it was around 12:30 and we had to change rooms and we had taken a deluxe room with a fridge and microwave, so we had stuff in the fridge. Thank God my boyfriend was there to help up changed room. I appreciated the fact that they gave us one night free. But I finally had to call Expedia myself to have this resolve with my credit card. It was a pain. Overall you get what you paid for. The front desk staff are AMAZING (Success is the most client attentionate clerk I've ever met in my life)

But when you book trhough Expedia the fact that they don't have access to your payment info and everything makes it difficult for situation like mine to get reimbursed right away....

Will I go back. Yes because of the price.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the last building in the back...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It saddens me to hear that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction. I am so sorry about the ants in your room and I want you to know we do everything in our power to prevent situations like these. Please know your experience was the exception and not a typical experience.

I also thought you should know, you can always find the lowest price for any room on the Red Roof website. Also, by booking through the our site directly, it is much easier to modify your billing.

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Was in a bind near BWI and did a search reasonably priced hotels in the area (fairly expensive everywhere else) and ended up staying at the Red Roof. From the outside it looks like a normal budget hotel, but the friendly staff and recently renovated rooms were great. Located a few miles from Baltimore International Airport and Arundel Mills Mall (Awesome outlet mall with great restaurants and shopping), the hotel was clean, had free Wifi, and was just a very nice surprise to me. Amazing value hotel. Furthermore, next door, there is a great little restaurant called Rasberry Deli where you can get great sandwiches, salads and even breakfast for a good price. I only got the chance to stay one night, but was hoping that my flight the next day was cancelled so I could stay a little longer.

Room Tip: I messed up and clicked on swimming pool and fitness center...they don't have either.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
While I am sorry to hear you were in a bind, I’m glad you chose us for your lodging needs. It’s always nice to hear when a guest was satisfied with their stay and I’m glad you found our location to be convenient. If you’re ever in a bind again, or feel like visiting for any other reason, I certainly hope you’ll stay with us again.

smithtown,ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here one night on our trip from Florida to NY and were totally satisfied with one exception. The rooms met all the promises that had been advertised regarding the renovations.
Our mistake, which will be rectified on our next visit was to reserve a basic room rather than a superior room as we missed the micro and fridge. However, even in that level room, a simple coffee maker would not seem unreasonable. Front desk was cooperative in providing a hair drier since they had not yet been installed in the rooms.
In total, an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was, overall, a positive experience. I want you to know we are 100% committed to providing our guests the most ‘bang for their buck’ here at Red Roof Inn BW Parkway. With this in mind, we have created room types with added amenities like a microwave and mini-fridge and/or a coffee maker in the room and then there are room types without these added amenities. This way, we allow our guests to decide if they would like to purchase the upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I needed to stay a couple of nights in the area, and I was intrigued by the excellent reviews this hotel gets on Tripadvisor. When I looked at the price -- you can easily get a room here for about $50 -- I HAD to try it.

And that was a good choice, because this Red Roof delivers terrific value for money. That said, I need to provide some perspective (call it "the very frequent traveller" perspective) on what's being offered here.

What we have here is an old motel ('70s Holiday Inn perhaps?) that has received a lot of TLC. The exterior is mostly '70s motel (outside walkways to rooms, no elevator, etc.) while the interiors have been recently renovated to reflect modern taste and convenience. They basically gutted the rooms, so while you still have a tiny '70s style bathroom, the rest of the room had flat screen TV, wood laminate floors, stylish modern furniture, a funky-looking sink, etc. The rooms look very sharp, and are comfortable.

That said, you're still in a budget motel. Bad towels (towel theft must still be a problem at this price point!), no hairdryer, not even a box of tissues in the room. I even started running out of toilet paper after the first night! Beds and bed linen are OK -- indeed, probably better than OK, as long as you're not too used to the lux beds at the fancier chains.

One thing to note is that if you're travelling with a family, the 2-bedded rooms only have double beds, which are pretty crummy to share. Why any hotelier would renovate and put in double beds is beyond my comprehension, but many fancier hotels do it also. Finally, there's no free breakfast (only bad coffee and tepid water for tea in the lobby), so a slightly more expensive hotel that provides breakfast MIGHT be a better value for a family stay if the price wasn't much higher.

That said, for the price -- especially for solo or couple travellers -- this motel is hard to beat. I applaud Red Roof for offering such good value to their customers. I also appreciated how my neighbors were quiet, so I was able to get a very good night's sleep (which is sometimes a problem at budget motels; obviously, your experience might differ).

One final thing about the location. It's convenient to the highway, just off I-95, and safe. It's also next to a decent-looking but somewhat expensive seafood restaurant (Gunning's). But it's on a road "Parkway Drive" that's been cut in half by Highway 100. Even though it's really on "S. Parkway Drive," the address of the hotel is "Parkway Drive." Do not trust your GPS; instead, follow the highway signs to "S. Parkway Drive." Stay on the south side of the highway and you won't make a needless 1 mile detour! If you get to the Ramada on the wrong side of Highway 100, you need to turn around.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot when it comes from a frequent traveler like yourself. I am glad our property was able to meet your expectations and if you ever find yourself in the area again – I promise – we will still be the best value in the greater Baltimore area.

Londolozi Private Game Reserve, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Been staying here for a few weeks without trouble. That is if you never try to deal with the GM, I extended out my stay the other night, signed and got everything approved no problem I thought, till I get a call from the GM saying I never signed anything. Said ok I'll come down and resign them today. got there and low and behold nothing that was agreed upon when extended was on there for cost.
He had redone it to up the charges totally for all nights.

Don't stay unless you do it on line or by phone thru the national desk

NEVER TRUST THEM HERE AT ALL EVER!!!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY if you ever want to use WIFI. It is mostly non-exsistant
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
redroof107, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. We approach every guest and every situation with a focus on exceeding all of our guests expectations. I apologize if there was any confusion in extending your stay. At the property level, we have a set of available rates that we are able to offer our guests. If the guest is able to take advantage of a rate advertised through an online resource, we recommend that the guest book the rate online in order to access the promotion. I appreciate your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

OK.... lets start with the pictures of the remodeled rooms...... this is the the first hotel i have ever stayed in and the pictures on the website match 100% with the room. you no some hotels post pictures of the $$$$ rooms and the cheap rooms dont make the cut and the look like ..... the staff 5 star in my book. the front desk person named Curtis was very funny, polite, and, professional. We stayed for 3 days 4 nights and he was just smiling answering my meny questions ... to me it seemed like he was happy. i said its to early to b smiling he said why not......hay i booked super price, super location, and the new rooms alone..... SOLD ;).........

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof107, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you very much for selecting our hotel for your visit to Hanover! We are so glad you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. We, at Red Roof Inn, savor the opportunity to provide our guests with an all around great experience whether that involves providing recommendations for local attractions, directions to your next destination or any other assistance. Thank you so much for allowing me to assist and I hope we see you again very soon!

i0107@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!