“Very convenient for a flight out of town!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Allentown, PA
“Very convenient for a flight out of town!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel was quite nice for its price. Very convenient to pay a fairly low price to allow "free" parking at the hotel until we returned from a trip to the Keys! Much better deal than parking at the airport and a safer feel than the offsite airport parking sites.
We were driving in from a bit outside Baltimore and it was nice to spend the night at the hotel and not have to worry about driving to the airport and parking there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Glad I did not decide against this hotel based on Web comments. We used the Park, Sleep and Fly offer at this hotel. Great value for the price. Great service from all hotel employees. No problem getting shuttle to and from airport to hotel.We also ate dinner at the restaurant . The food and service was good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
AllisonWundrland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Let me just begin by saying that I travel alot for business; about 30 out of 52 weeks a year. Yep, I spend more than half of my year on the road. I am incredibly familiar with hotels. The Ramada BWI was the WORST overall hotel experience I have ever had the displeasure of surviving. Serves me right for letting someone else book my travel arrangements this once I suppose.

I arrived to check in and the line was 6 people deep, with one agent at the reception desk. 25 minutes later, it was finally my turn. I checked in and asked if the request for a fridge in my room was honored. I was told no, but they could bring me a mini-fridge for $10/day. As I was staying 8 nights, this would have cost an exorbitant $80 in rental fridge fees. I asked if there was a communal fridge for guests to use; I was apparently annoying her now, and got a curt "no." I politely informed the agent that I needed a fridge to store my insulin in, and produced my medical ID bracelet. I asked if there was an employee fridge I could use, or if I could have the $80 fee reduced at all. She *literally* rolled her eyes at me and said, verbatim, "it's not really our problem." !?!?

Wow, I was beyond shocked at her rudeness and complete unwillingness to work with me. I asked for the manager, who (more politely) also refused to accommodate me. I was left to pay $80 for that fridge or have my medication rendered useless. I relented and paid the $80 at checkout. I could have bought a mini-fridge at that price.

It took 3 hours for the fridge to arrive, and when it did, it hummed when plugged in. The hallway to the room was always hot, muggy, stuffy and un-airconditioned. The room itself was a good size, but in desperate need of updating. The airconditioning unit was so incredibly loud that I had to turn it off at night. The toilet ran constantly. If I hadn't prepaid for the room for 8 nights, I would have RAN out of this place after the first day. It was beyond disappointing.

I ate at the restaurant one night. Friendly staff, stiff drinks. The $8 onion rings consisted of 6 thick rings that were not cooked through with the breading falling off. The $28 crab cakes were palletable but bland and unworthy of their price. I could not find any other food/dining options within walking distance. Their shuttle will transport you to other food/shopping establishments, but they charge $10 each way to take you anywhere other than the airport or greyhound station. The vending machines had 3 items in each of the 2 machines I saw.

Also, on the shuttle to the airport, they tried to shove 15 people in a van for 11. Yes, that number is correct, 15 people. Much to the driver's dismay, he could only squeeze in 13. Glad to know safety is such a priority.

I am really at a loss to say anything nice about this place. It was cleanish, and the bed was comfy. Frankly, I could have overlooked everything else is there customer service was decent, but it was the worst I've ever experienced. For the price there are a dozen better places to stay near BWI.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Ever.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Maybe some of the individuals that wrote such great reviews for this "hotel" had a vastly different experience than I, but from my experience the staff lacks professionalism, especially the owners Gus and Melissa. The cleanliness of the rooms were not satisfactory and when concerns are brought to the attention of the owners, they become rude and irrate. This is not the behavior you would expect from individuals who call themselves professionals. Give them your business at your own risk

• Stayed September 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed here the night before our flight to take advantage of the park and fly program. The room was just ok. Not the cleanest room I've stayed in (but not the dirtiest either). Our main issue was with the shuttle service. They use a passenger van with 11 seats (including the driver seat) but they squeeze in more passengers than that on both our trip to the airport and then back to the hotel. I called the manager after our return (he was not available when we were there) to make him aware that his drivers were putting unsafe numbers of passengers in the van. The manager did not care that this was unsafe and told me that if I wasn't complaining about being crowded, I would be complaining about having to wait for another shuttle. I told him that being crowded wasn't the issue, that my children being transported UNSAFELY was. He just did not get it. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I had an early flight out of BWI, so stayed for one night and left my car while on my trip. As it was an airport hotel, I was prepared to be disappointed and uminpressed. My experience was quite the contrary.
The hotel is located in an industrial type area and I was beginning to think I had made a wrong turn, but I soon saw the Ramada sign. Friendly staff checked me in, lobby area was very nicely decorated and clean. My room was spacious and very clean. I can't rave enough about how nice the bed and bath linens were, as well as the toiletries provided.
I only had one problem, could not cut on my tv no matter what I tried. I called the desk and was told "someone will be right up." Previous experience at other hotels made me expect to wait quite some time. Again, I was wrong. Someone arrived literally within 10 min and showed me a light switch that needed to be on for the tv to work.
The next morning, I went down for the complimentary breakfast which was more than adequate. Van to the airport arrived promptly at the appointed time and I was at BWI shortly thereafter. I will certainly use this hotel again and recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I do a lot of traveling with my job and I always make sure that the hotel I stay at is very accomodating. This hotel is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in the BWI area. The service was amazing as well as friendly. I checked in with a young woman named Melissa, she was very pleasant. She told me about the new Chef they had at their resteraunt in the hotel. She said the Crab cakes are too die for... and she was CORRECT!!!! I asked to speak to the Chef and his name was Charles, he was very nice and seemed to know alot about any style of food I tried to talk about. The next morning I ran into a problem when my plane was cancelled. I asked if there was anything to do that was fun in the area and 2 gentleman came over to assist me. The gentleman named Gus who was the owner/operator of the hotel is one man who knows hoe to run a hotel. Jason who was his assistant was by far one of the most energetic and fun employees they have at that hotel. Jason drove me to the Arundel Mills mall and dropped me off (free of charge). The front desk manager Tammy is very nice and professional. She helped me re-schedule the next flight possible that was later that evening. All in all, I will definatley be returning to the Ramada BWI when I go back to Baltimore next week.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!