“Don't give them your business!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Don't give them your business!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010 via mobile

Maybe some of the individuals that wrote such great reviews for this "hotel" had a vastly different experience than I, but from my experience the staff lacks professionalism, especially the owners Gus and Melissa. The cleanliness of the rooms were not satisfactory and when concerns are brought to the attention of the owners, they become rude and irrate. This is not the behavior you would expect from individuals who call themselves professionals. Give them your business at your own risk

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed here the night before our flight to take advantage of the park and fly program. The room was just ok. Not the cleanest room I've stayed in (but not the dirtiest either). Our main issue was with the shuttle service. They use a passenger van with 11 seats (including the driver seat) but they squeeze in more passengers than that on both our trip to the airport and then back to the hotel. I called the manager after our return (he was not available when we were there) to make him aware that his drivers were putting unsafe numbers of passengers in the van. The manager did not care that this was unsafe and told me that if I wasn't complaining about being crowded, I would be complaining about having to wait for another shuttle. I told him that being crowded wasn't the issue, that my children being transported UNSAFELY was. He just did not get it. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I had an early flight out of BWI, so stayed for one night and left my car while on my trip. As it was an airport hotel, I was prepared to be disappointed and uminpressed. My experience was quite the contrary.
The hotel is located in an industrial type area and I was beginning to think I had made a wrong turn, but I soon saw the Ramada sign. Friendly staff checked me in, lobby area was very nicely decorated and clean. My room was spacious and very clean. I can't rave enough about how nice the bed and bath linens were, as well as the toiletries provided.
I only had one problem, could not cut on my tv no matter what I tried. I called the desk and was told "someone will be right up." Previous experience at other hotels made me expect to wait quite some time. Again, I was wrong. Someone arrived literally within 10 min and showed me a light switch that needed to be on for the tv to work.
The next morning, I went down for the complimentary breakfast which was more than adequate. Van to the airport arrived promptly at the appointed time and I was at BWI shortly thereafter. I will certainly use this hotel again and recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I do a lot of traveling with my job and I always make sure that the hotel I stay at is very accomodating. This hotel is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in the BWI area. The service was amazing as well as friendly. I checked in with a young woman named Melissa, she was very pleasant. She told me about the new Chef they had at their resteraunt in the hotel. She said the Crab cakes are too die for... and she was CORRECT!!!! I asked to speak to the Chef and his name was Charles, he was very nice and seemed to know alot about any style of food I tried to talk about. The next morning I ran into a problem when my plane was cancelled. I asked if there was anything to do that was fun in the area and 2 gentleman came over to assist me. The gentleman named Gus who was the owner/operator of the hotel is one man who knows hoe to run a hotel. Jason who was his assistant was by far one of the most energetic and fun employees they have at that hotel. Jason drove me to the Arundel Mills mall and dropped me off (free of charge). The front desk manager Tammy is very nice and professional. She helped me re-schedule the next flight possible that was later that evening. All in all, I will definatley be returning to the Ramada BWI when I go back to Baltimore next week.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

This venue is very nice however they were not good at comprehending my wedding menu. The chef that cooked my food at the tasting was not the same chef that prepared my food on my wedding day. The food was terrible and it was not even what was on my contract. I called the owner Gus and Jason Nelson and they did show any sympathy. The only thing Gus said was that he would pay for dinner for my husband and I if we came back to his restaurant. Other than the food my wedding day was great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed at the BWI Ramada the night before a flight out of BWI. There are hotels closer to the airport, but we require a smoking room, and those are hard to come by. BWI Ramada was able to fulfill that request.

Our room was ready on arrival. We immediately went to the Parkstone Grill for a drink, only to find it was about to close. (Who closes a hotel bar at 11 p.m.? That's awfully early.) However, we were able to get one drink at the bar and another round to go, so that worked out okay. Slept well - beds are very comfortable! - and left our car in their lot as part of our Park 'n Fly deal, which is an extraordinary value. On our return, our car was right where we left it, in pristine condition.

We had to wait a little longer than I would've liked for the shuttle to the airport, but otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel to BWI travelers.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Arrived to BWI airport to stay at the hotel and attend my cousin's wedding which was also on the hotel's premises. The young boy who picked me up from the airport at 1 AM was so pleasant and being that it was so late and that I was tired, he offered to take my luggage to my room. I didn't expect this from a hotel of this type and size. It was very late when I arrived so I went to bed immediately and I had a comfortable nights stay. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfy. I loved the pillows. I had a great hotel stay and I was extremely impressed with my cousin's wedding which was being thrown at the hotel. the catering facility was beautifully decorated - I loved the large crystal chandeliers- and the food was spectacular. It was one of the nicer weddings I have been to. Both the hotel and catering were fantastic.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!